+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visitor visa

Aman_waris

Oct 20, 2017
Hi all, can u please suggest, my wife is in canada on study permit, her studies will be over in april 2018, nd visa is valid rill august 2018. we got mnarried in april 2017. we have decided to live together. but we are not able to decide for which visa should we got for ? Open work permit or Visitor visa ? which one would me more secure in comparison to other ?

Josh k

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Aman,Even I am in the same situation.If you are working than either of them should be fine. chances of getting visa is pure luck.
i did apply earlier in SOWP category twice but got rejected both the times,now applied for TRV..waiting for decision.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Qualifying for a visa in this situation will be very difficult especially as you said your intentions are to live with her and this is not allowed on a trv. To get a trv you need to show very strong ties to your home country and if you can leave for 6 plus months that would be hard.

A visa has no real luck just good presentation of documents and solid ties to your home country.

I know very little about a spousal work permit

Reactions: shiv1408

Aman_waris

Oct 20, 2017
Thank u so much for
Qualifying for a visa in this situation will be very difficult especially as you said your intentions are to live with her and this is not allowed on a trv. To get a trv you need to show very strong ties to your home country and if you can leave for 6 plus months that would be hard.

A visa has no real luck just good presentation of documents and solid ties to your home country.

I know very little about a spousal work permit
thank you so much for a prompt reply. here u used a term TRV i blv that means a Visitor visa ? can you please help how can i show strong ties to my country. my parents are 65+ age and i take care of them back at home. i m working as PRO in Medical college. i m 31 year old and quit my job in 2014 in delhi to relocate to my hometown to take care of my old age parents.

Aman_waris

Oct 20, 2017
Hi Aman,Even I am in the same situation.If you are working than either of them should be fine. chances of getting visa is pure luck.
i did apply earlier in SOWP category twice but got rejected both the times,now applied for TRV..waiting for decision.
can u please tell , generally how much time it takes to get decision on SOWP ?

Josh k

Oct 19, 2017
I strongly defend my comments.I was rejected because of
i)Travel history ( when i have a good travel history been to UK,ITALY,FRANCE,even attached my old passport)
ii) Insufficient evidence of relationship-(submitted my marriage certificate, wedding card and photos )
i did align all possible documents with proper cover letter but still the VO was not impressed.
I always have this doubt ,Did the VO had a good time to view my documents.

Aman_waris

Oct 20, 2017
i)Travel history ( when i have a good travel history been to UK,ITALY,FRANCE,even attached my old passport)
ii) Insufficient evidence of relationship-(submitted my marriage certificate, wedding card and photos )
i did align all possible documents with proper cover letter but still the VO was not impressed.
thats strange .. y on the earth VO was concerned bout Travel history while Judging SOWP ? i dont see it relevent, when the idea is just not to Visit country but to spend time with spouse overseas.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For your travel history, it would depend on whether or not you visited the UK, France and Italy in the last 10 years + did you visit as a visitor or when you were a student (for example) + how long did you stay when you visited these countries

Also, a visa officer won't go through your passport to figure your travel history. It would have helped if you had prepared a 'Travel History' explanation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank u so much for

thank you so much for a prompt reply. here u used a term TRV i blv that means a Visitor visa ? can you please help how can i show strong ties to my country. my parents are 65+ age and i take care of them back at home. i m working as PRO in Medical college. i m 31 year old and quit my job in 2014 in delhi to relocate to my hometown to take care of my old age parents.
IMO, your documents prove the contrary to your 'strong ties'.

1. Your parents' are 65+ years which is not old unless they have medical conditions which require you to be their caregiver (hopefully, this is not their personal medical situation).

2. For a SOWP, your reason to return to take care of your parents is negated because your stay will be long-term.

3. For a SOWP, your employment is a weak tie because generally employers won't allow someone to take a sabbatical from work for several months/years

Josh k

Oct 19, 2017
For your travel history, it would depend on whether or not you visited the UK, France and Italy in the last 10 years + did you visit as a visitor or when you were a student (for example) + how long did you stay when you visited these countries

Also, a visa officer won't go through your passport to figure your travel history. It would have helped if you had prepared a 'Travel History' explanation
Hi Bryanna,

I stayed in UK for 4 years doing my masters plus work permit.visited France,Italy on tourist visa stayed for 4 weeks.
i did attached a travel history letter with all my visa dates.moreover i did send you an query to your inbox.Can you please suggest me.
thanks

Josh k

Oct 19, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I stayed in UK for 4 years doing my masters plus work permit.visited France,Italy on tourist visa stayed for 4 weeks.
i did attached a travel history letter with all my visa dates.moreover i did send you an query to your inbox.Can you please suggest me.
thanks
Hi Bryanna,
Greetings for the day...!
Have been following this forum recently,I really need your suggestions please.
Having said that here is my short profile background.I did apply twice for SOWP as wife is based in Canada doing her course. unfortunately both the times i got rejected citing reasons hard to believe. Rejections reasons are

i) Travel History(I have got travel history been to UK,Spain,Italy and France when i was in UK on student plus work visa,even attached my old passport,travel history letter while submitting my application)
ii)Ties in country of residence and country of visit( I clearly stated that i want to support my wife while she is in Canada )
iii) Insufficient funds and assets(I did have close to 20k$ for over a period of time with properties attached,bank statements for 6 months)
iv)purpose of visit( I mentioned in cover letter saying that i want to support my wife while she is in Canada,once she finishes her PG course we would get back to home country )

Now Recently my wife completed her course,there is a graduation ceremony taking place on November 18th in Toronto and our wedding anniversary falling soon on DEC 3rd.Considering both the occasions I applied for my TR V recently on 12th November. My questions are
1) what are the chances of my application getting accepted this time?
2)Did i applied in wrong category as i have previously applied for SOWP?
I have a proper job in INDIA,i have been working as a SR CONSULTANT,took leave for 20 days submitted all possible documents from my side.
thanks for your patience and time.Have a Great Day.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,
Greetings for the day...!
Have been following this forum recently,I really need your suggestions please.
Having said that here is my short profile background.I did apply twice for SOWP as wife is based in Canada doing her course. unfortunately both the times i got rejected citing reasons hard to believe. Rejections reasons are

i) Travel History(I have got travel history been to UK,Spain,Italy and France when i was in UK on student plus work visa,even attached my old passport,travel history letter while submitting my application)
ii)Ties in country of residence and country of visit( I clearly stated that i want to support my wife while she is in Canada )
iii) Insufficient funds and assets(I did have close to 20k$ for over a period of time with properties attached,bank statements for 6 months)
iv)purpose of visit( I mentioned in cover letter saying that i want to support my wife while she is in Canada,once she finishes her PG course we would get back to home country )

Now Recently my wife completed her course,there is a graduation ceremony taking place on November 18th in Toronto and our wedding anniversary falling soon on DEC 3rd.Considering both the occasions I applied for my TR V recently on 12th November. My questions are
1) what are the chances of my application getting accepted this time?
2)Did i applied in wrong category as i have previously applied for SOWP?
I have a proper job in INDIA,i have been working as a SR CONSULTANT,took leave for 20 days submitted all possible documents from my side.
thanks for your patience and time.Have a Great Day.
Hi,

As you have already applied for a TRV, I do hope you get an approval soon. BTW when does your wife's status expire?

As for your SOWP refusals:
Travel History(I have got travel history been to UK,Spain,Italy and France when i was in UK on student plus work visa,even attached my old passport,travel history letter while submitting my application)
As a student, you were on a long-term visa in the UK (compared to that of a general visitor) + you traveled to Spain, Italy and France on the back of that UK student visa. That's why this travel history does not really count towards a Canada TRV.

Your travel history refusal is because you had not demonstrated short visits to visa countries AFTER your stay in the UK as a student.

purpose of visit( I mentioned in cover letter saying that i want to support my wife while she is in Canada,once she finishes her PG course we would get back to home country )
The visa officer knows that this statement is not true because your wife would most likely apply for a PGWP after she completes her study program. Basically, the long-term intention (in almost all cases) is to apply for PR which indicates that you are not a temporary visitor at this point in time

Cheers

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

I tried sending you personal message but for some I can't find that option.

Can you please give me your advise on my case. I applied for parents supervisa online from Canada October 5. My parents spent one year in Canada on supervisa and came back when visa expired. Now the thing I am worried about is I showed only 4300 dollars in my account as I am on mat leave plus I am in India for last three months. I did apply for their pr as I was selected in lottery system for parents sponsorship.

Now I am worried that I didn't show good amount. Do you think I should send cic updated bank statement or just wait to hear from them.

Thank you so much in advance for your reply.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bryanna,

I tried sending you personal message but for some I can't find that option.

Can you please give me your advise on my case. I applied for parents supervisa online from Canada October 5. My parents spent one year in Canada on supervisa and came back when visa expired. Now the thing I am worried about is I showed only 4300 dollars in my account as I am on mat leave plus I am in India for last three months. I did apply for their pr as I was selected in lottery system for parents sponsorship.

Now I am worried that I didn't show good amount. Do you think I should send cic updated bank statement or just wait to hear from them.

Thank you so much in advance for your reply.
The super visa is for 10 years .If passport has expired and you got it reissued then you may contact VFS for transfer of visa to new passport.This is my opinion.

Last edited: