+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

JeressaM.

May 20, 2019
If you didn't live together, then you were not in a common-law relationship.

Common-law begins after living together for one year. If in the six years before your marriage you did not live together ever then you are likely not common-law before marriage.
Oh sorry. I didnt know lol. I thought common law is just like a open relationship. Omg. Thank you so much, so theres nothing to worry about. Thank thankyoi. More power to canada

JeressaM.

May 20, 2019
Anyone can help me. Im having a very complicated situation here. So this is mu problem.

I've got married last april. So on our Marriage Contract my mother's name was Ma. Alma, On my birth certificate as well is Ma. Alma. But in my Moms Permanent Residence Card and Passport is MARIA ALMA. Its a complete name. I dont know what am i going to do. Should i change my mothers name on our marriage contract or stick with it? Am i going to have a problem on my spouse application? Thank you in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Anyone can help me. Im having a very complicated situation here. So this is mu problem.

I've got married last april. So on our Marriage Contract my mother's name was Ma. Alma, On my birth certificate as well is Ma. Alma. But in my Moms Permanent Residence Card and Passport is MARIA ALMA. Its a complete name. I dont know what am i going to do. Should i change my mothers name on our marriage contract or stick with it? Am i going to have a problem on my spouse application? Thank you in advance.
Nothing complicated. It doesn't matter and you don't submit her PR card or passport.

JeressaM.

May 20, 2019
Nothing complicated. It doesn't matter and you don't submit her PR card or passport.
Oh i see. Cause in my spouse application there was a question there if i was sponsored before, provide name and bday. I was sponsored before by her 3 years ago. I put her name there Ma. Alma, i just thinking if the cic gotta have a background checking of my spouse application they're gonna see theres no Ma. Alma on their system but it was Maria Alma after all. Is name Ma. and Maria is matter on names? Thankyou❤

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Oh i see. Cause in my spouse application there was a question there if i was sponsored before, provide name and bday. I was sponsored before by her 3 years ago. I put her name there Ma. Alma, i just thinking if the cic gotta have a background checking of my spouse application they're gonna see theres no Ma. Alma on their system but it was Maria Alma after all. Is name Ma. and Maria is matter on names? Thankyou❤
Were you sponsored or included as a dependent in her PR app?

Put her actual name.

alexhuruta

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
have anyone experienced when you check your online account under view my application one day it says current status submitted and the other day current status pending registration?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes i am. Me and my sister. Actual name? You mean her name on my Birth certificate?
Doesn't answer the question. Were you actually sponsored or included as a dependent in your mom's PR app?

Her actual name is the legal name in her passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also anticipate that there will be quite a lot of questioning about whether you were living together before you got sponsored. It sounds like you may have arrived in Canada while pregnant and you have been in a relationship for 6 years. Unfortunately some people do lie and were living together before they were sponsored by their parent.

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
toooooooooop urgent please
hi ,i am new and need to ask please top top urgent :
i almost finished my application and my wife sponsor me , now i am in visit visa and i arrived to Canada in March 7,2019 and my visit visa will end bt September 6,2109
by sending application is the visa status will change automatic or they will made extantion based on my work permit application ?
i do not know what have i do ? i am worry that my visit visa end without action and my file return
thanks if anyone know what i shall do

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
toooooooooop urgent please
hi ,i am new and need to ask please top top urgent :
i almost finished my application and my wife sponsor me , now i am in visit visa and i arrived to Canada in March 7,2019 and my visit visa will end bt September 6,2109
by sending application is the visa status will change automatic or they will made extantion based on my work permit application ?
i do not know what have i do ? i am worry that my visit visa end without action and my file return
thanks if anyone know what i shall do
You will only have implied status once you have AOR from your OWP. If you have not received AOR from your OWP before September 6th you should apply to extend your visitor status.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Hi, just asking. Im sponsoring my husband from philippines. But im unemployed right now, i quit mu job before going home and get married, we have a 2 years old kid, born here. Waiting for september for his child care then i can go to work, im living with my family willing to help especially in all expenses. Am i gonna deny cause i dont have a job? Thanks.
You won't be denied because you have no job or because you live with parents. I am in a similar situation. You just have to provide evidence on how you intend to support yourself and the applicant. Here are things that you can submit as additional evidence/information:

- Write a cover letter explaining your situation and how you intend on supporting yourself i.e. family help, looking for a job, future plans, experience, etc. Also write that you have the basic life necessities for you and the applicant such as furniture, clothings, etc. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
- Resume. Just a one page document outlining your education, skills, and past job experience to showcase that you are employable.
- Print out active job searches or example job listings of jobs you'd be qualified for
- Letter from a family member stating that they are willing and able to help support you through accommodation, utilities, food, etc. (can additionally submit a bank statement from a member of your family showing they earn enough to help you) VERY IMPORTANT
- Print out of a bank statement showing savings that can be drawn upon for living expenses if needed (if you have any $ in savings that is)

mohamedbarbary

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
You will only have implied status once you have AOR from your OWP. If you have not received AOR from your OWP before September 6th you should apply to extend your visitor status.
thanks for your reply
sorry but what is mean AOR ?
and do you expect to receive my open work permit within month ?