+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Russia

nkuznetsov

Mar 30, 2018
It doesn't matter where you get married. Either way, when she enters Canada, she will not be intending to leave. Start the app before coming to Canada and pay the PR fees in full. She can show that is CBSA asks questions.

The medical can be done anywhere and is requested after submitting the app.

You don't need a lawyer. Most people do the app themselves.
Thanks for the info on medical. I'll do the application myself, doesn't look like it's exceptionally hard.

Don't quite agree with the first point. From border officer standpoint, it does matter if she's already married or not, while crossing the border.
In the 1st case, she gets married abroad and then comes to Canada on a tourist visa, stating the purpose as a tourism, which is somewhat suspicious. However, they won't really know she's married (it would be in the foreign passport), but she'd have to lie, which they might/will find out later.
In the 2nd case, she comes as a tourist, being single, with intention "tourism" and a ticket back already booked (6 months from the entry date). Then all of a sudden she gets married in Canada - happens. I think it's more understandable than the 1st case.

Maybe I'm missing something.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the info on medical. I'll do the application myself, doesn't look like it's exceptionally hard.

Don't quite agree with the first point. From border officer standpoint, it does matter if she's already married or not, while crossing the border.
In the 1st case, she gets married abroad and then comes to Canada on a tourist visa, stating the purpose as a tourism, which is somewhat suspicious. However, they won't really know she's married (it would be in the foreign passport), but she'd have to lie, which they might/will find out later.
In the 2nd case, she comes as a tourist, being single, with intention "tourism" and a ticket back already booked (6 months from the entry date). Then all of a sudden she gets married in Canada - happens. I think it's more understandable than the 1st case.

She is still lying in the 2nd case, as she is coming to get married and be sponsored, not for "tourism". A few quick questions and CBSA will see the lie.

There is nothing wrong with her coming to Canada to visit her spouse. If CBSA asks further questions, she can elaborate and say she will be applying for sponsorship; she can then show the PR fee receipt and the app as proof. CBSA is generally very lenient with people who show they are following the rules to live here legally.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018

I don't think there is a problem with them knowing that she is coming to Canada to get married to her fiancé. This is not against the law so she easily can tell them the actual reason why she's coming. It will be more suspicious if she says she is coming for a visit and gets married, this will through more questions in the future. Just come to Canada, buy marriage licence, find a wedding commissioner and apply for a marriage certificate.

Reactions: A380