+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship requrements

Waqar007

Jan 24, 2018
Hi,

I am an Electrical Engr. working in KSA as a permanent resident . I am from Pakistan basically. My spouse is studying in Canada in a Bachelors program. We are planning to get married in the coming July 2018. I want to know is it possible that my spouse can sponsor me after we get married in July. If yes, under which category and what will be the requirements.She is on student visa.

Plz guide.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
You will not be able to be sponsored while she is on a student visa. To be sponsored in the family class, your (future) wife will have to become a PR.

Have a look at express entry to see if one or both of you qualify under one of the streams there (Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class) etc. If you qualify, you may both be able to apply together, or if one person applies and becomes a PR, then they can sponsor the other under the family class. But be sure to list each other on the applications and submit all the required information for BOTH of you on any application.

Waqar007

Jan 24, 2018
You will not be able to be sponsored while she is on a student visa. To be sponsored in the family class, your (future) wife will have to become a PR.

Have a look at express entry to see if one or both of you qualify under one of the streams there (Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class) etc. If you qualify, you may both be able to apply together, or if one person applies and becomes a PR, then they can sponsor the other under the family class. But be sure to list each other on the applications and submit all the required information for BOTH of you on any application.

Okay. But I have heard that your spouse can sponsor you for open work permit while she is student . Is this possible?