+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse application for international student

shihab2555

Feb 4, 2017
I am going to apply for study permit in Canada. I also want to bring my spouse along with me. In this case, I am confused about the way of applying for her. I have gone through different websites & forum but still confused. I would really appreciate if you can help me regarding this issue.

We want to apply open work permit for her from here. In this regards, I have a few ques.

1. The open work permit application for her should be applied by me or by her?
2. If it need to be applied by me than does she need to apply separately for TRV or ETA?
3. If the open work permit application need to be applied by her then how can we link my study permit application with her open work permit application?
4. What's the supportive document needed for her open work permit application?
5. Who should be sponsor for her? Can my sponsor be her sponsor also?

Reactions: Paul Dipta

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP IN FILING SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

Hi there,
Greetings,

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
Let me help you out with that.
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016. Cool
Grin
There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process and documentation.
Common mistakes made by us are:
1. Over whelming the application by attaching unnecessary documents.
2. Providing unsatisfactory explanation in Cover letter.
3. Weak demonstration of ties in home country.
4. Improper documentation.
5. Improper formatting and poor writing.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
For Applicant: MOST IMPORTANT : COVER LETTER, and
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
3. Highest degree of education.
4. Marriage pictures
5. Employment experience letters (if any)
6. Funds in Savings (only have to show if your spouse took any Loan while applying for study visa)

For Spouse (Already in Canada on Student visa)
1. Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application.
2. College ID, Offer Letter from college, Study Permit, Student Visa, Passport
3. Savings if doing any part time job.

These are the only documents required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.

If you still have any doubt, or need help in filing visa, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

You can also like,follow and join our page for further discussion on this topic.

https://www.facebook.com/StudentsForumCanada/

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
asdfgh123 said:

Hi there,
Greetings,

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016. Cool
Grin
I wanted to ask you about the study permit and OWP for your partner. Did you make online application or paper application? I am about to make study permit application for me but would like to put OWP for my wife as well. Can I do both together at same time online? How do I proceed? Please help me in this. At least how i should start. Thank you very much in advance.

shihab2555

Feb 4, 2017
ybhypnotic said:
I wanted to ask you about the study permit and OWP for your partner. Did you make online application or paper application? I am about to make study permit application for me but would like to put OWP for my wife as well. Can I do both together at same time online? How do I proceed? Please help me in this. At least how i should start. Thank you very much in advance.
Hi,
You can follow the following link & do your survey. You will get the required document list along with the procedure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
shihab2555 said:
Hi,
You can follow the following link & do your survey. You will get the required document list along with the procedure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how.asp
Thank you shihab. I have been following that website and with some success. Received the required document list. Now doing document preparation. How is your progress? Did you submit the application? I thin we can be of help to each other. If you consider fit, I would be really happy to take this conversation to private (whatspp, email or inbox of this forum). Please let me know. I am uploading forms for me and my wife. have appointment for upfront medical on monday. Will submit application on monday if all goes well.

Looking forward to learning from your and my experiences. ;)

dinzzz

Aug 1, 2016
ybhypnotic said:
Inbox me with your queries.
I can try to help you as I am also on same boat as that of you.
I have done some research.

Cheers.
dinzzz

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
dinzzz said:
Inbox me with your queries.
I can try to help you as I am also on same boat as that of you.
I have done some research.

Cheers.
dinzzz
Thank you very much. I have inboxed you.

asdfgh123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi ybhypnotic,
Sorry for late reply,
So, coming to your query, i applied online through CIC, submitted very nominal documents with my application with a explanatory cover letter, she got her visa in 17 days only.
Any other doubts you have, mail me on helpseeker@yahoo.com

All the best for your visa application.

Reactions: komalhassaan

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
asdfgh123 said:
Hi ybhypnotic,
Sorry for late reply,
So, coming to your query, i applied online through CIC, submitted very nominal documents with my application with a explanatory cover letter, she got her visa in 17 days only.

Did you apply together? Or she applied you landed in Canada? Additionally, I am having error in uploading IMM1294, application form. Any suggestions on things that I might be missing on? Plz help me. I am really stressed because of it.

007kiranraj

Nov 22, 2017

Hi there,
Greetings,

Grin
There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process and documentation.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
4. Marriage pictures
6. Funds in Savings (only have to show if your spouse took any Loan while applying for study visa)

These are the only documents required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.

If you still have any doubt, or need help in filing visa, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

You can also like,follow and join our page for further discussion on this topic.

For funds in savings, how much will we require to keep in our account at the time of application.

Cute-pecky

Nov 13, 2017
Ca

Hi there,
Greetings,

Grin

1. Passport
4. Marriage pictures

Can you provide a sketch of how the cover letter looks like

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi ybhypnotic,
Sorry for late reply,

Hi, got a refusal for visitor visa, now thinking to go for owp, my wife is a full time student in langara college pursuing pgdba course, i just want to know that what type of cover letter u have submitted, can i get a copy of it , my mail id - singhdhirendra17690@gmail. com , plss help me

Dhirendra17690

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi ybhypnotic,
Sorry for late reply,

And one thing more, u said that u applied online, so u applied from her side with your cic account or she applied with her cic account

Waqar007

Jan 24, 2018

Hi there,
Greetings,

Grin

1. Passport
4. Marriage pictures

Quite informative. I have some questions in my mind.

1. If my spouse is on student visa does she need any funds to show? Is it necessary
2. What will be the validity of open work permit 1 year or 2 ?
3. If I had enough savings of my own , still my spouse needs to show any funds as she is only a student and I am just going to accompany her with my own funds.

Vijetaka

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017

Hi there,
Greetings,
Hey can you help me in home ties?
How to convince visa officer?
What should i write?
Grin

1. Passport
4. Marriage pictures