+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse application for international student

Khusheer

Apr 27, 2019
FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP IN FILING SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

Hi there,
Greetings,

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
Let me help you out with that.
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016. Cool
Grin
There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process and documentation.
Common mistakes made by us are:
1. Over whelming the application by attaching unnecessary documents.
2. Providing unsatisfactory explanation in Cover letter.
3. Weak demonstration of ties in home country.
4. Improper documentation.
5. Improper formatting and poor writing.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
For Applicant: MOST IMPORTANT : COVER LETTER, and
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
3. Highest degree of education.
4. Marriage pictures
5. Employment experience letters (if any)
6. Funds in Savings (only have to show if your spouse took any Loan while applying for study visa)

For Spouse (Already in Canada on Student visa)
1. Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application.
2. College ID, Offer Letter from college, Study Permit, Student Visa, Passport
3. Savings if doing any part time job.

These are the only documents required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.

If you still have any doubt, or need help in filing visa, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

You can also like,follow and join our page for further discussion on this topic.

https://www.facebook.com/StudentsForumCanada/

Hi there,
Greetings,

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016. Cool
Grin
There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process and documentation.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
4. Marriage pictures
6. Funds in Savings (only have to show if your spouse took any Loan while applying for study visa)

These are the only documents required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.

If you still have any doubt, or need help in filing visa, feel free to shoot me a mail on helpseeker@yahoo.com

You can also like,follow and join our page for further discussion on this topic.

Can you please tell me that spouse qualification is required for my application in any college?

kenyanstudent1

Jul 2, 2019
Hey,

I am in a similar situation. Wondering whether I should apply for a visitor visa first then for an OWP once my spouse is in Canada?

Praneeth7777

Aug 4, 2018
Hello,

I'm looking for SOWP. My wife is in Canada on study visa. We had got married after she got visa. She has moved to Canada as a single applicant as we could not update her status in CIC. Her application was already processed and we can update only "In process" application in CIC. Please let me know how can I file my visa and what all documents would be required?

Thanks and Regards,
Akash Patel
Hello Akash I have a similar situation .Please update me the process that you have gone through. We are

neemapeter1

Aug 27, 2019
Hello I want to apply for my spouse open work permit I am going for jan 2020 intake should I apply for visistor visa so we can both go together ? or should I apply for my study permit and work permit for spouse together

Riza7

Sep 16, 2019
I applied. With my she got visa as a student. Mine and my kid visa refused as a visitor with general background
And I re applied my biometrics. Was valid got email
After few days got a email saying my decision envelope. Has been dispatched. To collect
Didn't get medical. Wil it be good sign or any wrong pls replay

Hi there,
Greetings,

Grin

1. Passport
4. Marriage pictures

Harsha1996

Oct 13, 2019
I am going to apply for study permit in Canada. I also want to bring my spouse along with me. In this case, I am confused about the way of applying for her. I have gone through different websites & forum but still confused. I would really appreciate if you can help me regarding this issue.

We want to apply open work permit for her from here. In this regards, I have a few ques.

1. The open work permit application for her should be applied by me or by her?
2. If it need to be applied by me than does she need to apply separately for TRV or ETA?
3. If the open work permit application need to be applied by her then how can we link my study permit application with her open work permit application?
4. What's the supportive document needed for her open work permit application?
5. Who should be sponsor for her? Can my sponsor be her sponsor also?
Hai..did u apply for ur spouse visa..?am also going to apply for my study visa..i want to bring my husband along with me...can u help me with it?

Harsha1996

Oct 13, 2019
Hello I want to apply for my spouse open work permit I am going for jan 2020 intake should I apply for visistor visa so we can both go together ? or should I apply for my study permit and work permit for spouse together
Hai..am in the same situation..am also gng for jan 2020 intake and want to take my spouse with me.

NBtenny

Dec 6, 2019

Hi there,
Greetings,

Grin

1. Passport
4. Marriage pictures

Hello sir, first of all thank you very much for your valuable information shared.
i have one question which has been bugging me with the SOWP.
My wife is already in canada as a full time international student and i am
planning to apply for an open work permit. my main question is do i have to show proof of funds
if i apply for an open work permit and if yes then how much proof of fund do i have to show.
i would be very obliged if you could help me out with this.
thank you

Espatgo

Aug 31, 2018
Hello,
What are the requirements needed by my sponsor while i apply for study permit with my kids

dil chahal

Feb 15, 2020
Hi
actually i am international student in canada . i just come 6 months ago here .
recently i went back to my home to get my marriage done , that was on 10 january ,2020 and i come back to canada on 29 january .now i am living here .

so now i want to apply for husband visa . can u tell me is it necessary to have job letter for me? for an international student for calling my spouse here?
can u tell is it necessary or not ?
Thank you so much
please reply as soon as possible .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
actually i am international student in canada . i just come 6 months ago here .
recently i went back to my home to get my marriage done , that was on 10 january ,2020 and i come back to canada on 29 january .now i am living here .

so now i want to apply for husband visa . can u tell me is it necessary to have job letter for me? for an international student for calling my spouse here?
can u tell is it necessary or not ?
Thank you so much
please reply as soon as possible .
Are you currently studying full-time? School is usually in session in January. You can apply for an OWP for your spouse as an international student but being approved is not guaranteed. You will have to show proof of your relationship before and after you got married along with the fact that you got married. A job is not necessary. Extra funds to support your husband if he can’t find a job will be necessary.

Reactions: Olamistore