+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Refusal

M

mikeymyke

Im not sure about the dress color if its such a big deal in Lebanese culture, but based on the OP's refusal letter, honeymoons are important because they show that the marriage is consummated and the couple is husband and wife in the eyes of the community.

Since you didnt have a honeymoon Im guessing that was a big factor in the refusal. As Canadians I know that we are very open minded and some things that we see as "not a big deal" turns out to be a very big deal in other countries. Its always important to follow the country's cultural norms and laws when it comes to marriage, because that's how CIC determines whether a marriage is genuine

Also I'm confused about where you said the interviewer asked your husband if he was in a real relationship and he said "no" because you two weren't "ready ", what did u mean by that? If he really did say that word for word, then thats also probably a big reason for the refusal

M

mikeymyke

She asked if we had a real relationship, and he said no, since neither of us were ready. Plus that is completely personal, it's none of her business and people fear this thing at the beginning..
This was the part Im asking about.

You guys may be legally married, but not married in the eyes of the community and Lebanese culture. Thats why they told you they're satisfied you're at least engaged, but not married, and Im guessing its because no honeymoon = no marriage

M

mikeymyke

So you two didn't have a honeymoon, which is fine, as long as you clearly explained it
Its only fine if honeymoons are viewed as optional or irrelevant in that country. Unfortunately based on the OP's refusal letter, honeymoons are pretty important

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Its only fine if honeymoons are viewed as optional or irrelevant in that country. Unfortunately based on the OP's refusal letter, honeymoons are pretty important
And if her husband said they didn't have a real relationship, what can you expect? It's sad and a bit funny. OP should just reapply and make things the right way this time.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This was the part Im asking about.

You guys may be legally married, but not married in the eyes of the community and Lebanese culture. Thats why they told you they're satisfied you're at least engaged, but not married, and Im guessing its because no honeymoon = no marriage
I am wondering if that's a "lost in translation" case.

Did he really said that they "do not have a real relationship"? If he did, I am not surprised that application is refused. That literally means they do not have a genuine marriage relationship.

Last edited:

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
so should i go back and have a honeymoon? how do i even show proof of a honeymoon?
you need to show them that you have a genuine and intimate relationship with your husband. you need to send them more intimate pictures of you two like if you hugged or kissed each other on your honeymoon or in general. The officer didn't believe you have a husband and wife relationship because you didn't give him/her enough reasons to believe otherwise.

M

mikeymyke

Did he really said that they "do not have a real relationship"? If he did, I am not surprised that application is refused. That literally means they do not have a genuine marriage relationship.
My guess is maybe she meant "sex" since she talked about them not being ready and that its "none of their business"

But even that would raise eyebrows, because how many wives refuse to consummate their marriage with their husbands? Even just saying that may lead to a refusal not just for lack of honeymoon, but lack of intimacy may indicate marriage not genuine

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
And if her husband said they didn't have a real relationship, what can you expect? It's sad and a bit funny. OP should just reapply and make things the right way this time.
I am with you on this. Other people didn't get it, it is not about the dress, and it is not about honeymoon, it was because his husband said they are not even considered as husband and wife.

And to the OP, the VO has every right to ask this kind of questions, and they can go as far as asking the color of each of your underwear, which position each of you like when you make love, and a lot of personal stuff, and it is their business to ask those questions to determine your relationship is genuine or not.

geografa

Apr 30, 2017

I get the feeling that this was a translation miscommunication thing on the part of the OP; likely they are referring to the interviewer's questions about whether they have had a sexual relationship.

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
I get the feeling that this was a translation miscommunication thing on the part of the OP; likely they are referring to the interviewer's questions about whether they have had a sexual relationship.
That makes sense. And if that's the case, nobody can really blame the IO for refusing the application. Looks like they did their job well.

Reactions: CarrieK
M

mikeymyke

so should i go back and have a honeymoon? how do i even show proof of a honeymoon?
Proof of honeymoon can include receipt of hotel room booking and photos of the two of you enjoying the beach, the room itself, or whatever it is considered part of tradition if applicable

I would probably order GCMS notes first to see what the specific refusal reasons were first, but Im 100% sure a big part of it was no honeymoon. Then after you know the refusal reasons, go back and rectify them

Im not sure if Lebanese culture says its ok to just do a honeymoon so long after the wedding, probably not because isnt a honeymoon supposed to occur relatively shortly after wedding? I dont know, you'll need to find out. If you do need to redo the wedding, might as well get a white dress just to put that fear to rest

M

mikeymyke

I am with you on this. Other people didn't get it, it is not about the dress, and it is not about honeymoon, it was because his husband said they are not even considered as husband and wife.

And to the OP, the VO has every right to ask this kind of questions, and they can go as far as asking the color of each of your underwear, which position each of you like when you make love, and a lot of personal stuff, and it is their business to ask those questions to determine your relationship is genuine or not.
Husband might have not realized when he said those words, that basically meant they werent even married (culturally), because in his mind, he thought they were already married when they got the marriage certificate

Can18

Feb 22, 2018
For my side I didn't go to a honey moon, and I lived alone with my husband in his condo, how can I prove that ? My parents can write me letters and his parents too (I am even shy to ask it) ????... how can we prove that we had an intimate refashion ?

Hibsz_01

Jun 6, 2017
Hi, I have the same case. can I know what you did? I really need help. Is your husband with you now? Did you go and redo a wedding?
Hi Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately no my husband is still not with me, we are still apart. I appealed the refusal, however I honestly wish I hadn't. I appealed the refusal in June 2017, and I still haven't heard back from the appeal division. I called multiple times, and they told me that they are still processing my appeal. Such a waste of time! I haven't seen my husband since May 2017. I wasn't able to go back there since my last trip because I started a new job and I am a still a student, therefore I asked him to apply for a visitors visa to come visit me and that was also refused (which is understandable in a way). I strongly suggest you try re-applying a second time with all the proof that you need rather than appealing the refusal. It is ridiculous that the bride needs to wear a "white" dress for them to believe that we are in a genuine husband/wife relationship. We weren't planning on having a "traditional wedding" due to many reasons, however I believe I have no choice but to do so this upcoming summer. I plan on applying again after our celebration, and hope to have him here as soon as possible. It's also ridiculous how long these processes take!!!!!!!! I hope this helped