+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Pakistan

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Hi,

My wife is a Canadian Citizen and we have been married since last five years with three kids which are also Canadian Citizen. But we have been living in a different country where I am settled. Now we are planning to migrate to Canada for which she will apply my Sponsorship. Since we never applied for my Permanent Residency.

I have studied the guidelines where it is stated that the sponsor should have an annual income to support the applicant. Since she is living with me and kids outside Canada as a house wife. She does not have any annual income source or Job. How this will effect my application? Will it create some problem?

I am worried and looking for an answer. And looking forward for someone to answer this query.

thanks.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
She does not need to have a job(income) to support you. As long as she is not on welfare, she can sponsor you.

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I go it.

Secondly I wanted to know since my kids are Canadian Citizen but living with me outside Canada. And my wife will sponsor me for which you said she does not need to demonstrate any income. But does it apply same for the kids who will traveling back with us once my application is approved?

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
No, they are already Canadian citizens.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
syedb said:
I have studied the guidelines where it is stated that the sponsor should have an annual income to support the applicant. Since she is living with me and kids outside Canada as a house wife. She does not have any annual income source or Job. How this will effect my application? Will it create some problem?
Explain in the application that she has been living with you and taking care of the children. Then include evidence of your job and income, any savings and property, and some evidence of your plans back in Canada: for example, you could talk about the kind of work you and she are going to look for, provide proof of any education or training that would help get this type of work, explain where you are going to live, etc. If a family member is offering to let you live in their home until you have jobs or offering financial support, get a letter from them stating this.

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Well Thanks indeed for your input.

I am just preparing my forms and can see that there are two parts to it.

1. Forms required by the sponsor which in my case will be by wife.
2. Forms required by the principal applicant which will be me.
3. Country Specific check list.

My question is can my wife give her address in Canada which is basically her parents address for correspondence for this case as she travels back and forth from Canada. And I have read in the guide somewhere that a Canadian citizen traveling is not considered as living in Canada.

Secondly for kids which are already Canadian Citizen does she has to show enough funds as the calculation of the minimum income requirement adds on with an additional family member. And we have to mention them as accompanying family members in the forms?

Thanks for your reply.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The children are already Canadian citizens, so do not have to be sponsored. You still mention them on some forms, in particular the Additional Family Information form.
She doesn't need to show more income because of the children - the low-income cut-off guidelines are for people who are sponsoring their parents, grandparents, and other relatives, not for someone sponsoring her spouse.
She can use her parents' address as her mailing address or your address. It depends on where you want to get any correspondence from CIC, and if your country's mail system is reliable. For her residential address, I would use your address - she lives there and is taking care of the children, so even if she goes back to Canada sometimes, your address is really her address. That said, she will then have to submit proof she will be going back to Canada to live. But even if she uses her parents' address as her residential address, the visa officer will see she is actually living in your country and will probably ask for evidence she will go back to Canada anyway.

syedb

Aug 16, 2009
Thanks again.

I am in the process of filling forms and wanted to know that do I have to provide all the required documents along the application forms. I can see that there are three sets of requirement.

1. Sponsor applications forms.
2. Principal applicant forms.
3. Country specific requirement Check list.

When I send my application to CPC do I have to send all of the required documents along with forms which would include all supporting documents including police report?

Thanks for the reply.

Syed.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, everything is sent together to CIC in Mississauga, Ontario.