+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship in Canada - trouble with sending documents with email

master2015

Jun 19, 2015
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
master2015 said:
Hello,
i need some advice and help with a situation.

i have applied for sponsorship of spouse in Canada. i filed all the application myself as it was pretty straightforward. we did all the medical and completed all the steps.
However few months ago her passport expired, i was emailed from CIC to get a new passport and to pay for right of residence fee . so i applied for new passport and sent over the copy of passport as requested well within the 30 day limit. i also sent over the right of residence fee.
i did this via email as requested , and i received an automatic confirmation email each time.
i even called the customercare center to make sure, they basically told me that if anything , the CIC would contact me immediately.

Now today i received a rejection letter for my spouse application due to the reason they have not received her renewed passport within that 30 day time frame.
im pretty stressed over this and not sure what to do.

Please if anyone has any answers or can help ?

thanks in advance.
I take it your in Canada from your post? If so I would contact your local MP providing the evidence of the emails you sent to CIC and ask them to contact CIC on your behalf to see if they can open your file again and advising that you sent the requested documents as per instructions.