+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship - HK Police Certificate (CNCC) passport No. or HKID No.?

ken6ken

Jul 7, 2022
Hello everyone. I ready to apply the HK CNCC. I should use my HKID number or HK passport number to apply?
HK Police website asking for HKID if you are HK resident, but IRCC should only have my passport number throughout the whole application. So which document number I should use for apply CNCC.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone. I ready to apply the HK CNCC. I should use my HKID number or HK passport number to apply?
HK Police website asking for HKID if you are HK resident, but IRCC should only have my passport number throughout the whole application. So which document number I should use for apply CNCC.
If I remember correctly, HKID is also entered as part of the identification in the IMM 0008 form. So IRCC has both information.

hofai84

Jul 19, 2022
Hello sorry to add into this post, not sure if this is the correct way of asking. I got my letter for HK CNCC on July 12, and I can only book the earliest appointment on Aug 4th, base on the timeline (4 weeks to process & a long time for regular mail) it will be pass their 60 days request. Any suggestion of what I should do? (i.e. Webform, upload receipt to GCkey?)

If webform, what option should I choose (document or choose "sponsor"?)
If GCKey, do I just submitting the receipt, or should I type up a letter and combine with receipt for upload?