+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship (Filipinos)

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

This thread is for Filipinos planning to sponsor or be sponsored by their spouses who are Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens.

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada (Filipino).

We got married last January 3, 2019 thru civil wedding and got our Marriage Certificate around 1st week of February. Then we started preparing for all the documents need and requirements stated in the Checklist which we got from the website. Here's the link, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

We made sure to read everything carefully then we started accomplishing the forms one by one to avoid mistakes and incomplete application. There are do's and dont's that you need to follow as well and all are written in the website. For us, it's like information overload to really understand everything. I made sure that when I read the checklist and Complete guide, I'm at home and I can concentrate. :)

Here's our timeline as of the moment:

June 10 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
June 13 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 1 - My husband received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) on June 13 (has application # & UCI)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status​
August 9 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​
August 12 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 12 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
August 13 - Biometrics Done!
August 16 - Medical Exam Done! (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.
August 30 - Checked CAS tool - IRCC started processing Principal Applicant's application (Permanent Residence)

For now, we're waiting for the next email of IRCC or update in GcKey Account.

Please see below status that doesn't have dates yet (based from Gckey account):
Background Check
Eligibility Review
Final Decision
Visa Stamping Instructions

Btw, when we received the AoR, that's the time we're able to check our status in CAS tool and Link our application in Gckey Account.

If you're having a hard time linking your application, there are threads here that helped me solve the problem.

Thank you!

Reactions: auroradarling

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

This thread is for Filipinos planning to sponsor or be sponsored by their spouses who are Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens.

I'm from the Philippines and my husband is a Permanent Resident in Canada (Filipino).

We got married last January 3, 2019 thru civil wedding and got our Marriage Certificate around 1st week of February. Then we started preparing for all the documents need and requirements stated in the Checklist which we got from the website. Here's the link, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

We made sure to read everything carefully then we started accomplishing the forms one by one to avoid mistakes and incomplete application. There are do's and dont's that you need to follow as well and all are written in the website. For us, it's like information overload to really understand everything. I made sure that when I read the checklist and Complete guide, I'm at home and I can concentrate. :)

August 1 - My husband received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) on June 13 (has application # & UCI)
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status​
August 25 - Medical Results have been received by IRCC and passed the medical exam.
August 30 - Checked CAS tool - IRCC started processing Principal Applicant's application (Permanent Residence)

Background Check
Eligibility Review
Final Decision

Btw, when we received the AoR, that's the time we're able to check our status in CAS tool and Link our application in Gckey Account.

If you're having a hard time linking your application, there are threads here that helped me solve the problem.

Thank you!
[UPDATE]
September 5
- IRCC emailed Visa Stamping Instructions.
- Checked CAS tool, DECISION MADE under PR Application Status​

Jake17

Oct 3, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Background Check
Eligibility Review
Final Decision

Thank you!
Hi msempress. Just want to ask. Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for almost 10 years. My girlfriend is a Filipina and I am a Filipino as well but Naturalized Canadian. I proposed to her on December 2018 (my second visit in the Philippines), it was informal and we don't have much picture. Now we decided to do a civil wedding in the Philippines this coming December. My concern is, not much people will attend, it's basically my fiancée's parents only because my parents are here in Canada and wont be able to come with me. We're both 23 years old. But we have a lot of picture since we are in High school when I was still living in the Philippines. We are planning to have a big wedding but not soon because of our different religion as well. Do you think the Visa Officer will be suspicious of this? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

empress09

Aug 12, 2019
Hi msempress. Just want to ask. Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for almost 10 years. My girlfriend is a Filipina and I am a Filipino as well but Naturalized Canadian. I proposed to her on December 2018 (my second visit in the Philippines), it was informal and we don't have much picture. Now we decided to do a civil wedding in the Philippines this coming December. My concern is, not much people will attend, it's basically my fiancée's parents only because my parents are here in Canada and wont be able to come with me. We're both 23 years old. But we have a lot of picture since we are in High school when I was still living in the Philippines. We are planning to have a big wedding but not soon because of our different religion as well. Do you think the Visa Officer will be suspicious of this? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi, when we had our civil wedding, we only invited both our parents and 3 sponsors (ninang & ninong) to witness and sign the marriage cert. Make sure to have photos taken with the Judge/Officiant/Reverend. After the civil wed, we went to a restaurant that served as reception. After the reception, we went to Conrad Manila for the honeymoon. All these events we took photos and submitted to CIC. We also included the "pamamanhikan" dinner with both our families.

We're also having a church wedding on December and we included the suppliers receipts and contracts that we have.

We also included the remittance receipts sinxe my husband is consistently sending money to my BDO Kabayan Savings account since 2017.

For the additional proof, we took screenshot of our facebook & instagram account that our relationship was recognized by families and friends. We screencapped the photos with comments in our social media during anniversaries, monthsaries, special occasion with families and travels. Also screencap both your FB profiles with Married Status.

You also need to submit original copies of love letters/email/Social media Chats. If the convo is not in english, you need to have it translated with docbase.ca. it should be certified true copy. Make sure to include convos that are sweet messages.

Once you have the civil wedding, tell the civil registry in the city hall that you need to get the Marriage cert right away. For us, in Paranaque, we just paid a certain amount and got the Marriage cert from PSA after 3weeks. Once you have it, ask your wife to renew her passport right away in DFA.

If you still have any questions, you can send me a Viber. +639955298667.

Godbless!

Khaleesi2019

May 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi empress09, Thank you for starting this thread.
I am a Filipina and my husband is also a Filipino PR in Canada.
Congratulations on your DM!

I also wanna share in this thread my timeline.
July 2 - Submitted Spouse Sponsorship application via Canadapost
July 5 - IRCC received the application (tracked via Canapost & with signature)
August 27 - My husband received Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR)
-Checked CAS tool - IN PROCESS for both Sponsorship & PR Application Status
August 28 - I received Biometrics Instruction Letter thru email from IRCC
- Checked CAS tool - DECISION MADE for Sponsorship & IN PROCESS for PR Application Status
August 28 - IRCC emailed my husband that he was eligible to sponsor
August 29 - IRCC emailed me the Medical Examination Instruction
September 4 - Biometrics Done!
September 6 - Medical Exam (IOM Manila Health Center Makati)
September 9 - Sputum Test (My xray was found to have a small nodule, medical for further evaluation)
November 22 - I went to IOM to get a copy of my sputum results (negative of MTB) and they advised me to take my re-xray ahead of schedule (December 6)

As of now, I am waiting for my Medical Results to be received by IRCC.
I wanted to share my experience for those spousal applications that may have the same case with me.
It was terrible when the doctor told me about my xray the first time but do not worry the process will just be delayed for a few months.
I hope and I pray that we will unite with our loved ones soon. Let us all trust God's perfect timing.