+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship - application fees issue

wolf13

Nov 9, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum and want to firstly thank everyone for your helpful contributions to this site.

I'm applying for an inland spousal sponsorship (without dependents), and I'm having a problem with paying the application fees. According to the Basic Guide, I understand that I need to pay the following:

1. Sponsor your spouse or partner (incluidng RPRF): $1040
2. Biometrics Fees: $85

When I use the Fee Wizard, I'm not given the option for the sponsorship costs. I selected the following options:

1. Sponsor a family member
2. A spouse or common-law partner (with or without dependent children)
3. I'll pay the RPRF now
4. My spouse is already living with me in Canada and will stay while our application is processed.
5. Does your spouse or common-law partner want to be able to work while we review your sponsorship application? - Yes
6. Is your spouse or common-law partner exempt from the open work permit holder fee? - No
7. Is your spouse or common-law partner bringing dependent children with them to Canada? - No
8. Do you need to pay for biometrics? - Yes

I get the following result:

1. Work permit (including extensions) – per person $155.00
2. Open work permit holder $100.00
3. Biometrics – per person $85.00

Total amount for all applications: $350

Can someone please help me understand what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

wolf13

Nov 9, 2019
I'm not sure about the 1050 fee and why it's not appearing, but you don't need to pay biometrics inland.
Thank you for your reply. It's a bit confusing, but you're you're right according to the Basic Guide (5525):

"Biometric (fingerprints and photo) requirements
...If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics."

There may be a glitch with fee wizard and I guess I have to complete the payments in two steps. Did anyone else have to do this?

wolf13

Nov 9, 2019
Have you tried the questionnaire option? I used it yesterday and it worked better than the "menu" version.
Using the questionnaire option I only get "Work Permit" and "Open work permit holder" fees, as shown in the second image above ,even though I chose the option to pay the RPRF now.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Weird.

When you don't want to pay the RPRF, you can pay the application fee, sponsor fee, and two work permit fees all at once. The total is $805, I paid it yesterday.

However, when you answer the questionnaire exactly as you've outlined it above, you only get the work permit fees. That's bizarre.

wolf13

Nov 9, 2019
Weird.

When you don't want to pay the RPRF, you can pay the application fee, sponsor fee, and two work permit fees all at once. The total is $805, I paid it yesterday.

However, when you answer the questionnaire exactly as you've outlined it above, you only get the work permit fees. That's bizarre.
So it's not just my computer! I reported the glitch, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Reactions: k.h.p.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I guess I'm stuck with two receipts :)
It's good to have 2 separate receipts. One for PR and one for OWP. You can show each receipt in each of the package.

Reactions: wolf13