+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship (Afghanistan - Canada)

AfghanCanadian

Aug 8, 2021
Salam Everyone - Hope everyone is doing well. Can anyone please help me with below what it means and what should i expect next

AOR Received also on ECAS decision made on sponsorship
Permanent residence application show = In process

When should i expect medical or bio metric ? my wife is in Afghanistan currently.

Can Afg

Jan 13, 2022
W/Salam - I received pre arrival letter that’s all - not sure what that means and what’s is next step.

What about you ?
Very good I dont know what is next step We done medical and Biomatric in DEC 2021 and now still waiting for PPR.
Did you done Police Certifacte

Can Afg

Jan 13, 2022
Tayiba Salam how are you? How long you receive return Passport after submitting to VFS.
Iam wait for your response Thank you.

SohailAmiri

Oct 19, 2022
Salam everyone, has anyone applied for supervisa recently? If yes can you please share your experience.
What way do you guys think is the the best to get visa/sponsor parents in Afghanistan?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Salam everyone, has anyone applied for supervisa recently? If yes can you please share your experience.
What way do you guys think is the the best to get visa/sponsor parents in Afghanistan?
Did you claim asylum? If so, it can be very hard for families to get TRVs. Given the situation in Afghanistan many people would like to move elsewhere so there may be concern that your parents won’t leave Canada or try to claim asylum once in Canada.. You should definitely apply but make sure your parents know that the TRV isn’t guaranteed and you’ll need to wait to see if they are approved or refused.

SohailAmiri

Oct 19, 2022
Did you claim asylum? If so, it can be very hard for families to get TRVs. Given the situation in Afghanistan many people would like to move elsewhere so there may be concern that your parents won’t leave Canada or try to claim asylum once in Canada.. You should definitely apply but make sure your parents know that the TRV isn’t guaranteed and you’ll need to wait to see if they are approved or refused.
Thanks for replying, I came through spouse sponsorship. Do you think that would make any difference? I’m desperate to find a way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying, I came through spouse sponsorship. Do you think that would make any difference? I’m desperate to find a way.
Definitely better than an asylum claim. When did you arrive? Do you have other siblings living in Afghanistan? Do they own a home? Do they have other ties to Afghanistan? Have your parents travelled to other countries like the US, UK, Australia? Given the current state of Afghanistan it is tough to say how easy or how hard it will be to get the supervisa. It will also depend on their history. All you can do is provide as much proof as possible that they have ties to Afghanistan and they will leave Canada if their supervisa expires, if they can’t get supervisa insurance one year, etc.