+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship (Afghanistan - Canada)

Milad.Tdot

Nov 12, 2022
Salam everyone,

I applied for spousal sponsorship of my wife back home September 23rd and AOR1 October 20th.
Any tips on what I can do to expidite the process? I have contacted MP but no help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Salam everyone,

I applied for spousal sponsorship of my wife back home September 23rd and AOR1 October 20th.
Any tips on what I can do to expidite the process? I have contacted MP but no help.
She still has to go through various checks so there is only so much the application can be spread up. It looks like the application is already being processed faster than average and especially for that part of the world. MPs can’t really do anything but follow-up on your application if your application is being processed within normal timeframe. Does she have a valid passport?

Milad.Tdot

Nov 12, 2022
She still has to go through various checks so there is only so much the application can be spread up. It looks like the application is already being processed faster than average and especially for that part of the world. MPs can’t really do anything but follow-up on your application if your application is being processed within normal timeframe. Does she have a valid passport?
She does have a valid Afghani passport. Currently she's in Afg. Some folks are saying if had applied from Pakistan would've been faster? but how's that possible if they're an Afghan citizen and not Pakistani.

My brother's took around 5 months; one month extra due to return of application as they had requested nikkah khat and pictures (not online) but in person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She does have a valid Afghani passport. Currently she's in Afg. Some folks are saying if had applied from Pakistan would've been faster? but how's that possible if they're an Afghan citizen and not Pakistani.

My brother's took around 5 months; one month extra due to return of application as they had requested nikkah khat and pictures (not online) but in person.
The fact that Canada doesn’t have presence in Afghanistan May slow things down but there isn’t as much pressure to complete applications if the person is out of Afghanistan so don’t think going to Pakistan would necessarily end up in faster processing. 5 months is extremely fast for any application. Anything under a year is considered fast. You are already receiving fast processing so not sure what MP can do. Most do not get AOR that quickly.