Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hey all...it's been a while since I've been on the forums...congratulations to those who have received PPR and arrived to Canada...welcome! My husband and I have been here since last summer and I'm happy to say he was able to find work...the key was to contact people through friends and acquaintances...not to ask for a job (this is a big turn off here) but just to get to know them, the trends in the industry and allow people to get to know him and put a face / person to a name. In the end, this worked! When he applied for a posting, I'm sure those being able to put a person to a name helped him to get an interview...the rest is history.

Also, before you come, collect documents that will make it easier for you to settle...keep all of your vehicle insurance records, driving history, etc...which will help you get a driver's license and potentially cheaper car insurance when you land....unfortunately, few provinces consider oversees experience / car registration history but it can help to reduce the time required to obtain your license.

Get references from your employers, etc....if you are a professional (i.e. engineer), consider applying as a foreign licensee now. If you haven't done so already, create a log of your projects, your role, the scope, challenges / successes in each, supervisor for each...because engineering is licensed in Canada and you will likely have to undergo some form of competency / skills / experience assessment. The more information you have backing this up, the less likely you will be assessed to write comprehensive exams (and then in some cases only need 1 year of Canadian experience as well as writing the Professional Practice Exam or PPE) to obtain your P. Eng (please check with each province as they all have difference associations / rules)...but my point is, gather EVIDENCE of your work experience. A description on a CV or resume is not enough...because you will have to go back to people who can vouch for your work.

You won't find services as cheap here as they are in the UAE....keep in mind that Canada has decent labour laws as well as minimum wage laws...and be grateful that these exist. That having been said, there are bartering societies in various places that facilitate people trading skills / services :) . In the larger centers, you can find many things for free on Facebook marketplace....

Canada is a place that welcomes many cultures, but as in all places, you may encounter people who are less tolerant. Be patient. Try to participate in aspects of "Canadian" culture (basically, try and get to know your neighbours and share your own culture with them) and be open minded. While there are many communities of similar culture here....and this can be helpful....don't be afraid to reach beyond what is familiar to you and get to know others. I put "Canadian" in brackets because this culture is what has evolved here and includes aspects of culture around the world - this is what I love about Canada.

If your spouse is accompanying you and they don't speak English, one of the keys to success in their happiness is to make the time and commitment on helping them learn English (or French if you are moving to Quebec). I've seen a few examples where one finds work, which facilitates integration into society, meeting people, etc....and the spouse is left sitting at home with very few opportunities to engage with other Canadians. You will be surprised at how quickly one can learn English when immersed in the language....I have immigrant friends who have amazed me with how far they have come...but they have had opportunities to visit with English speakers and spend time with them.

WINTER!! Yes...Canada has winter and the best way to adapt is to EMBRACE it! As my one friend said, the weather always seems worse from the inside. The key to managing winter here is to get outside and realize that it's not so bad. When you hear that it can be as cold as -30, keep in mind that when it gets really cold, there is generally no wind...and with a bit of strategic clothing and activity, you can enjoy being outside even in these temps. HOWEVER, in reality, it doesn't stay that cold for very long...and the SUN is often shining in those places that also get cold (keep that in mind if you are considering moving to a more temperate coastal climate). All you need is a pair of winter pants (ski pants), snow boots, some warm layers (or one puffy layer), a hat and mitts and you are good to go!! Your body generates heat when it moves....and you will be surprised that by going for a walk, even if it is -10 or -15 ....if there is minimal wind that you will be "toasty warm" - you will know what this means the first time you experience it. You can find ice skates, cross country skis in most places for a very low price or free....and there are usually skating rinks in every community. There are also "toboggan" hills where you can slide down on sleds (and get good exercise walking up after)...some cities have cross country ski trails on the local golf courses...there are two areas in Calgary and they are FREE to use...

Finally, there are some things that define Canadians....honesty, tolerance, openmindedness, willingness to work hard....you have heard so much about being honest on your application...but what's more important is that when you live here, you are also honest. Some may come from countries where corruption is the norm...you may not even know it as corruption...and while you can find some of that in Canada (it's a complex topic), by far one of the hallmarks of Canadian society is that people and organizations remain honest and non-corrupt. If you are not sure about something that doesn't seem right, ask someone...people here appreciate those who are willing to learn and maintain the great reputation that Canadians have. Of course, we have our areas that we need to work on (our treatment of aboriginals etc)...but being in a free country means that one can dialogue and work together to express concerns and find solutions.

I wish you the very best! :)

C.

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Hey all...it's been a while since I've been on the forums...congratulations to those who have received PPR and arrived to Canada...welcome! My husband and I have been here since last summer and I'm happy to say he was able to find work...the key was to contact people through friends and acquaintances...not to ask for a job (this is a big turn off here) but just to get to know them, the trends in the industry and allow people to get to know him and put a face / person to a name. In the end, this worked! When he applied for a posting, I'm sure those being able to put a person to a name helped him to get an interview...the rest is history.

Also, before you come, collect documents that will make it easier for you to settle...keep all of your vehicle insurance records, driving history, etc...which will help you get a driver's license and potentially cheaper car insurance when you land....unfortunately, few provinces consider oversees experience / car registration history but it can help to reduce the time required to obtain your license.

Get references from your employers, etc....if you are a professional (i.e. engineer), consider applying as a foreign licensee now. If you haven't done so already, create a log of your projects, your role, the scope, challenges / successes in each, supervisor for each...because engineering is licensed in Canada and you will likely have to undergo some form of competency / skills / experience assessment. The more information you have backing this up, the less likely you will be assessed to write comprehensive exams (and then in some cases only need 1 year of Canadian experience as well as writing the Professional Practice Exam or PPE) to obtain your P. Eng (please check with each province as they all have difference associations / rules)...but my point is, gather EVIDENCE of your work experience. A description on a CV or resume is not enough...because you will have to go back to people who can vouch for your work.

You won't find services as cheap here as they are in the UAE....keep in mind that Canada has decent labour laws as well as minimum wage laws...and be grateful that these exist. That having been said, there are bartering societies in various places that facilitate people trading skills / services :) . In the larger centers, you can find many things for free on Facebook marketplace....

Canada is a place that welcomes many cultures, but as in all places, you may encounter people who are less tolerant. Be patient. Try to participate in aspects of "Canadian" culture (basically, try and get to know your neighbours and share your own culture with them) and be open minded. While there are many communities of similar culture here....and this can be helpful....don't be afraid to reach beyond what is familiar to you and get to know others. I put "Canadian" in brackets because this culture is what has evolved here and includes aspects of culture around the world - this is what I love about Canada.

If your spouse is accompanying you and they don't speak English, one of the keys to success in their happiness is to make the time and commitment on helping them learn English (or French if you are moving to Quebec). I've seen a few examples where one finds work, which facilitates integration into society, meeting people, etc....and the spouse is left sitting at home with very few opportunities to engage with other Canadians. You will be surprised at how quickly one can learn English when immersed in the language....I have immigrant friends who have amazed me with how far they have come...but they have had opportunities to visit with English speakers and spend time with them.

WINTER!! Yes...Canada has winter and the best way to adapt is to EMBRACE it! As my one friend said, the weather always seems worse from the inside. The key to managing winter here is to get outside and realize that it's not so bad. When you hear that it can be as cold as -30, keep in mind that when it gets really cold, there is generally no wind...and with a bit of strategic clothing and activity, you can enjoy being outside even in these temps. HOWEVER, in reality, it doesn't stay that cold for very long...and the SUN is often shining in those places that also get cold (keep that in mind if you are considering moving to a more temperate coastal climate). All you need is a pair of winter pants (ski pants), snow boots, some warm layers (or one puffy layer), a hat and mitts and you are good to go!! Your body generates heat when it moves....and you will be surprised that by going for a walk, even if it is -10 or -15 ....if there is minimal wind that you will be "toasty warm" - you will know what this means the first time you experience it. You can find ice skates, cross country skis in most places for a very low price or free....and there are usually skating rinks in every community. There are also "toboggan" hills where you can slide down on sleds (and get good exercise walking up after)...some cities have cross country ski trails on the local golf courses...there are two areas in Calgary and they are FREE to use...

Finally, there are some things that define Canadians....honesty, tolerance, openmindedness, willingness to work hard....you have heard so much about being honest on your application...but what's more important is that when you live here, you are also honest. Some may come from countries where corruption is the norm...you may not even know it as corruption...and while you can find some of that in Canada (it's a complex topic), by far one of the hallmarks of Canadian society is that people and organizations remain honest and non-corrupt. If you are not sure about something that doesn't seem right, ask someone...people here appreciate those who are willing to learn and maintain the great reputation that Canadians have. Of course, we have our areas that we need to work on (our treatment of aboriginals etc)...but being in a free country means that one can dialogue and work together to express concerns and find solutions.

I wish you the very best! :)

C.
Salam to all,
Dear I received my passport back with stamp and CoPR from ADVO. But there was no document that we submitted when we applied for family sponsorship e.g Nikaah nama, birth certificate, photos etc..
1) Do you have any idea how and when they will send our documents back..?
Anyone please answer me..

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
Hello ..

my application started in Nov 2014 .. in January 2018 i received pre-arrival services .. up to this date .. nothing at all .. not even for medical exam :confused:

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Salam to all,
Dear I received my passport back with stamp and CoPR from ADVO. But there was no document that we submitted when we applied for family sponsorship e.g Nikaah nama, birth certificate, photos etc..
1) Do you have any idea how and when they will send our documents back..?
Anyone please answer me..
You can try to submit a request via online enquiry but to be honest I think people usually submit copies and do not expect them to be returned. It's been quite a while since we applied so perhaps things have changed. I wish I could be more hopeful for you.

Aminm080815

Sep 3, 2017
Dear All

I really appreciate your support & the helpful thoughts thanks.
here is my Time line
01.07.2016 File Submitted
29.09.2016 file transferred
01.11.2016 uci provided
07.03.2017 Interview
07.07.2017 Police certificate Resubmitted
25.01.2018 Midecal Resubmitted
01.02.2018 Ecase Decision Made
02.04.2018 Passport Request
03.04.2018 Passport Submitted
12.04.2018 Passport Received

Thanks again

SuperPanda

Apr 25, 2018
Hi Everyone, just want to ask, is there any possible to follow up the status of my passport in abu dabhi embassy? i have submitted my passport for visa stamping last April 16, 2018 thru VFSglobal?... Thank you

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Hi Everyone, just want to ask, is there any possible to follow up the status of my passport in abu dabhi embassy? i have submitted my passport for visa stamping last April 16, 2018 thru VFSglobal?... Thank you
It normally takes 14 days, my CIC was updated with the visa number 2 days before I received my passport, maybe keep checking your CIC account.

SuperPanda

Apr 25, 2018
It normally takes 14 days, my CIC was updated with the visa number 2 days before I received my passport, maybe keep checking your CIC account.
Hi Thanks for replying i forgot to mention that the main applicant here is my wife, i am only the dependent. My wife is in Canada and got already her passport. i am here in UAE, its been 2eeks now from the time of my submission, just worried because, i am only visit visa here in UAe and need to exit the country before May 6. Anyways Thank you for your reply. God Bless

sherman123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hey guys, I am sponsoring my wife, currently living in the UAE. Here is our timeline

Jan 31 2018: File Submitted
Feb 07, 2018 : file Received
Mar 21, 2018: Sponsorship Approval
Mar 28, 2018: Medical and PCC Request
Mar 30, 2018: Medical and PCC Submitted
Apr 03 2018 : Medicals Passed
May 10, 2018: ECA changed to "In Process"
May 18, 2018: File Transferred to London office
May 23 , 2018: File Started Processing
They do not need an Interview or fingerprints. I am hoping that the background check starts soon.

tonsyroll

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hey guys, I am sponsoring my wife, currently living in the UAE. Here is our timeline

Jan 31 2018: File Submitted
Feb 07, 2018 : file Received
Mar 21, 2018: Sponsorship Approval
Mar 28, 2018: Medical and PCC Request
Mar 30, 2018: Medical and PCC Submitted
Apr 03 2018 : Medicals Passed
May 10, 2018: ECA changed to "In Process"
May 18, 2018: File Transferred to London office
May 23 , 2018: File Started Processing
They do not need an Interview or fingerprints. I am hoping that the background check starts soon.
Just wait for 11 or 12 months from the start where your application was received.

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi Everyone

I believe my application will transfer to ADVO
Is there anyone who got the visa from Abu Dhabi VO ? If the answer is yes how long it took?
Also the process there fast or it takes time like London VO.

sofiajohns12

Sep 27, 2011
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-09-2007
Doc's Request.
26-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-11-2010 and 18-12-2011
Interview........
26-10-2011
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
Hi Everyone

I believe my application will transfer to ADVO
Is there anyone who got the visa from Abu Dhabi VO ? If the answer is yes how long it took?
Also the process there fast or it takes time like London VO.
London visa office processing time 1 year. It could be a little slower compared to other visa offices.

Reactions: Hana Diabas