Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
wish if i didn't ask , my app Sep 2016 , is it normal for taking this long two years
Don’t worry
Each case is different
I had a previous divorce so that’s why my wife application is taking long
My brother applied to sponsor his wife and the application was completed in 8 months

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
No updates yet
I requested the gcms notes and it says
Eligibility passed
Medical passed
Criminality passed
Security (empty)

So it looks like they are still doing the security check
I’ll wait and see
I received GCMS notes also.
Eligibility passed
Medical passed
Criminality Not started
Security (empty)

Now its 18th month of waiting..................

thala0579

Sep 24, 2017
Hi guys.. very nice to read all the discussion..

I need help with my case.. I am Canadian in Dubai, sponsoring my wife who is on the Indian passport with Dubai Resident Visa.. I submitted the Permanent Residency Application on July 31, 2017.. received by CIC Mississauga on August 2 (tracked using courier service). However, I still have not received any Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter yet..

Can anyone please advise? very worried.. is there any CIC office i can call to?

Thanks for your help!

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016

I need help with my case.. I am Canadian in Dubai, sponsoring my wife who is on the Indian passport with Dubai Resident Visa.. I submitted the Permanent Residency Application on July 31, 2017.. received by CIC Mississauga on August 2 (tracked using courier service). However, I still have not received any Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) letter yet..

Thanks for your help!

Try the call center available in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

And check ecase and see whether they have updated your application online in here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=2.204833171.280848458.1499364203-1738595054.1499364203

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
I received GCMS notes also.
Eligibility passed
Medical passed
Criminality Not started
Security (empty)

Now its 18th month of waiting..................
Did you submit police clearance certificate with your application

Reactions: BioMed17

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015

Thanks for your help!
You should soon receive an AOR email with the application #
Just be patient

thala0579

Sep 24, 2017
Try the call center available in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

And check ecase and see whether they have updated your application online in here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en&_ga=2.204833171.280848458.1499364203-1738595054.1499364203
I did check online.. it doesn't appear yet.. I had called Abu Dhabi Embassy office.. they asked me to send an email to get a response within 10 days.. However the CIC website says that inquiries about any application within the normal processing time (12 months for UAE) will not be replied to..

Please do advise if you have any other suggestions..

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Did you submit police clearance certificate with your application
Yes brother I submitted two Police Clearance Certificates, one from Pakistan and other one is from KSA.

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
I did check online.. it doesn't appear yet.. I had called Abu Dhabi Embassy office.. they asked me to send an email to get a response within 10 days.. However the CIC website says that inquiries about any application within the normal processing time (12 months for UAE) will not be replied to..

Please do advise if you have any other suggestions..
These are the ways to find out about your application as far as I now, the call center, ecase link and maybe web form through this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

But you said you are Canadian and you live in Dubai, why did you send your application to CIC Mississauga? I thought Canadians can apply through the Embassy, I know that they can, but I am not sure if it is a must. On the other hand, if you application is submitted to CIC Mississauga, the first stage would be sponsor approval, and that happens in CIC Mississauga, so I don't think the embassy at this stage has any clue where is your application yet.

I know you are frustrated, so I suggest sending two web forms, one to Abu Dhabi embassy and the other to CIC Mississauga.
If you follow the link above, then click "Tell us more button" after selecting yes for the first question, you would be asked if your application is being processed outside Canada, if you click no, it will take you to web form that goes to CIC Mississauga, send them one, then repeat the process and select this time yes, then pick Abu Dhabi from the list and that would go to the Embassy in UAE.

CIC Mississauga will get back to you fast maybe within a week, however, Abu Dhabi may take 30 days

good luck

thala0579

Sep 24, 2017
These are the ways to find out about your application as far as I now, the call center, ecase link and maybe web form through this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

But you said you are Canadian and you live in Dubai, why did you send your application to CIC Mississauga? I thought Canadians can apply through the Embassy, I know that they can, but I am not sure if it is a must. On the other hand, if you application is submitted to CIC Mississauga, the first stage would be sponsor approval, and that happens in CIC Mississauga, so I don't think the embassy at this stage has any clue where is your application yet.

I know you are frustrated, so I suggest sending two web forms, one to Abu Dhabi embassy and the other to CIC Mississauga.
If you follow the link above, then click "Tell us more button" after selecting yes for the first question, you would be asked if your application is being processed outside Canada, if you click no, it will take you to web form that goes to CIC Mississauga, send them one, then repeat the process and select this time yes, then pick Abu Dhabi from the list and that would go to the Embassy in UAE.

CIC Mississauga will get back to you fast maybe within a week, however, Abu Dhabi may take 30 days

good luck
Thanks for your detailed reply :) I followed the instructions on the Document Checklist, which said that the Documents should be mailed to CIC Mississauga