File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2016 upfront and passed
Interview........
not required. BC 24-05-2017
Passport Req..
28-05-2017
Shine78 thank you for the confirmation. I am not sure how long this will take with you but please let me know when you receive it back so I can know the estimated time.
Thank you in advance.
Yes, sure I would love too.

Dreb

Feb 20, 2016
hi guys!
Until now i didn't get my passport since May 11,ADVo received it on May 15 via VFS oman!i was worried why it takes time for visa stamping?.,and eid is coming loooOng holiday starting 24 and i think the work will resume on July 2:( maybe it will take 2 months for visa stamping omg!

besbi07

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2015
I want to know if new applications from the gulf area ( kuwait , qatar, Saudi, uAE, bahrain, oman) are still sent to abu dhabi vo in 2017. I have noticed some applicants from Dubai and Saudi sent to london vo. Is this a new development?
random application send to LVO ..

Reactions: favbless

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
hi guys!
Until now i didn't get my passport since May 11,ADVo received it on May 15 via VFS oman!i was worried why it takes time for visa stamping?.,and eid is coming loooOng holiday starting 24 and i think the work will resume on July 2:( maybe it will take 2 months for visa stamping omg!
Yes you are right, the holiday of Eid Al Fitr in Oman is one week from the 24th of June till the 1st of July, work will resume on the 2nd. Most probably you will get it after eid holidays. Sorry to hear this bro, hopefully they will contact you this week if you are lucky to get your passport back.
Although, if you sent your passport through VFS then you can track it online. Did you try this option to know where your passport is currently ?

Dreb

Feb 20, 2016
Im still hoping it will come this week or else after eid for sure but that time it's almost 2months!
im having a problem with my company right now coz almost a month i was resigned,as the agent in the vfs told me it takes 2-3 wks only but until nothing,my company tells me that i should get my passport back for retrieval then exit in oman:(

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Im still hoping it will come this week or else after eid for sure but that time it's almost 2months!
im having a problem with my company right now coz almost a month i was resigned,as the agent in the vfs told me it takes 2-3 wks only but until nothing,my company tells me that i should get my passport back for retrieval then exit in oman:(
Inshallah you get it this week, ADVO only close on 25 of June for Eid fetr, according to their website Don't worry soon inshallah you won't wait till July 2nd

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Did CIC require you to resign to show intent to return to Canada? Usually this is for sponsors (Canadians) living outside Canada but I think they have been pressuring others to do the same - I'm not sure...anyways, perhaps you could send them a case specific enquiry explaining that you have resigned and your residence is cancelled, giving you 30 days to leave the country.

Perhaps for others benefit, you can try to negotiate with your employer to extend your residence sponsorship even after your last day of work (most companies don't have an issue with a 1 or 2 month extension.)....or unless CIC requires you to show proof of returning to Canada, wait to give the resignation.

I pray your passport will come soon! Please keep us updated. I think my husband's passport took almost 2 months as well...

C.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Did CIC require you to resign to show intent to return to Canada? Usually this is for sponsors (Canadians) living outside Canada but I think they have been pressuring others to do the same - I'm not sure...anyways, perhaps you could send them a case specific enquiry explaining that you have resigned and your residence is cancelled, giving you 30 days to leave the country.

Perhaps for others benefit, you can try to negotiate with your employer to extend your residence sponsorship even after your last day of work (most companies don't have an issue with a 1 or 2 month extension.)....or unless CIC requires you to show proof of returning to Canada, wait to give the resignation.

I pray your passport will come soon! Please keep us updated. I think my husband's passport took almost 2 months as well...

C.
Did ur husband had to repeat medical? If he did how long it took him after that to send him passport request email?

Utchia

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dubai
App. Filed.......
05-15-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
hey guys after I uploaded pcc and schedule A to my online account, do I get a letter that says it is in progress? and how long does it take to process?

Shine78

Dec 22, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 02-12-2016 AOR2 19-04-2017
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2016 upfront and passed
Interview........
not required. BC 24-05-2017
Passport Req..
28-05-2017
Finally I got my passport back today. Praise GOD!

My prayers to everyone who is still waiting.

Reactions: sbakhour and W.M

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Did ur husband had to repeat medical? If he did how long it took him after that to send him passport request email?
No...he did not have to repeat the medical but his application was processed in under 12 months. The visa expiry was basically around the same day his medicals would have expired.

C.

Reactions: W.M