Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
The help icon next to it leads to another page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp I guess this will answer all your questions, and since this is new, I don't think anyone will know what's the process. However, when I applied for visit visa to Canada they captured my biometrics while submitting my passport in the VAC, so I am guessing it would be the same process if it was required.
Biometrics for certain nationalities is not new...but perhaps adding it to myCIC is new for PR applications as they are including more and more of the PR application steps in myCIC. In myCIC biometrics for temporary visa applications was already there. If it's required, they will usually send you a notice with a form that you bring to the nearest VAC to get them done. That's it.

C.

Reactions: abdwebus

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hey all...it seems that no one is adding their timelines to the ADVO spreadsheet which has been tracking progress since May 2012. Please take the time to add your timeline...it is the best way to keep track in ONE place what is happening with the ADVO but if people don't use it, it becomes useless and out of date. The spreadsheet administration has been passed on from one member to another on this forum (lastly to me). If someone else wants to administer it, I have no issues transferring it to you...but the most important thing is that it continues to be used.

If there are concerns about this, please voice them so that they can be addressed.

To add your timeline go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PblORrbClJ7xZ7enG5rFZZ7xqTz2N1ELLc2U4Cj7JY4/edit#gid=0

C.

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Hey all...it seems that no one is adding their timelines to the ADVO spreadsheet which has been tracking progress since May 2012. Please take the time to add your timeline...it is the best way to keep track in ONE place what is happening with the ADVO but if people don't use it, it becomes useless and out of date. The spreadsheet administration has been passed on from one member to another on this forum (lastly to me). If someone else wants to administer it, I have no issues transferring it to you...but the most important thing is that it continues to be used.

If there are concerns about this, please voice them so that they can be addressed.

To add your timeline go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PblORrbClJ7xZ7enG5rFZZ7xqTz2N1ELLc2U4Cj7JY4/edit#gid=0

C.
I was checking the spreadsheet and realized that you are a 2015 applicant and you got your passport request within almost 7months, good for you :). But you didn't update your background check, do you remember how long it took from background check in process to passport request? I am just trying to figure out an estimation of that process :rolleyes:.

Most of the other people on the group have been waiting for more than 6months since background check went in process :(

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
I was checking the spreadsheet and realized that you are a 2015 applicant and you got your passport request within almost 7months, good for you :). But you didn't update your background check, do you remember how long it took from background check in process to passport request? I am just trying to figure out an estimation of that process :rolleyes:.

Most of the other people on the group have been waiting for more than 6months since background check went in process :(
Hi..

At that time we didn't get enough details on our application processing to even know when the background check started and CIC was inconsistent in updating status....so this is impossible for us to know.

The "in process" on the spreadsheet at the time it was created was a step that basically started after you received word of sponsorship approval and stayed that way until "decision made"....although people were reporting it being reflected in ECAS at various points with a few dates where many applicants had this status change (like someone realised it needed to be updated and did a batch change)

The only thing I did know...was that based on GCMS notes ordered in Nov and received in Dec, nothing had changed...then all of a sudden, passport request occurred Jan 7....so we don't know if the file sat...then all of a sudden was picked up (and therefore checks occurred very quickly) or not...I'm trying to remember if the code that is used on the GCMS notes to indicate it is in a security check mode was there or not...

Luckily, with the new online system, one is able to know with slightly more clarity what is happening with one's file.

With the new steps in myCIC, do they still align with the spreadsheet columns? if minor we could simply add a column or two...if major differences, then perhaps it's best to start a new tab for those whose applications were received after Jan 2016...

What do you think?

C.

Reactions: abdwebus

rbay

Oct 5, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Doc's Request.
19-01-2017 (Police Certificate)
AOR Received.
29-10-2016
File Transfer...
18-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-01-2017
We ordered GCMS notes in may and just got the email yesterday. It seems that everything is passed...eligibility, criminality, security and medical is all passed on the notes...however myCIC still says that the security check is in progress and it has been that way since the end of January 2017. Eligibility is still in progress on myCIC as well. It's been 4 and a half months of background check....what is the hold upo_O:(

Dreb

Feb 20, 2016
Hi guys! anyone knows here how many days/wks for the visa stamping in abu dhabi?i submitted my pp on May 11, and they received on 15 in abu dhabi.until now i didn't get my pp back,btw i sent thru vfs muscat.

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
We ordered GCMS notes in may and just got the email yesterday. It seems that everything is passed...eligibility, criminality, security and medical is all passed on the notes...however myCIC still says that the security check is in progress and it has been that way since the end of January 2017. Eligibility is still in progress on myCIC as well. It's been 4 and a half months of background check....what is the hold upo_O:(
My notes have few due dates fields, one with value of 16/07/2017 and another on 21/12/2017, I did brief reading, what I understood is that they might be the dates they will look again at my file. Check if you have due dates in your notes, they might be an indication when you might get an update.

One more thing, you mentioned that your CIC shows security check is in progress, is this something new? all I have about checks is only background checks.

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Hi..

At that time we didn't get enough details on our application processing to even know when the background check started and CIC was inconsistent in updating status....so this is impossible for us to know.

The "in process" on the spreadsheet at the time it was created was a step that basically started after you received word of sponsorship approval and stayed that way until "decision made"....although people were reporting it being reflected in ECAS at various points with a few dates where many applicants had this status change (like someone realised it needed to be updated and did a batch change)

The only thing I did know...was that based on GCMS notes ordered in Nov and received in Dec, nothing had changed...then all of a sudden, passport request occurred Jan 7....so we don't know if the file sat...then all of a sudden was picked up (and therefore checks occurred very quickly) or not...I'm trying to remember if the code that is used on the GCMS notes to indicate it is in a security check mode was there or not...

Luckily, with the new online system, one is able to know with slightly more clarity what is happening with one's file.

With the new steps in myCIC, do they still align with the spreadsheet columns? if minor we could simply add a column or two...if major differences, then perhaps it's best to start a new tab for those whose applications were received after Jan 2016...

What do you think?

C.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, the spreadsheets is fine, only if others can update their rows so we might get accurate estimation on the process. By they way, I just checked the link your provided in your footer, the GCMS note explained, it is very useful :) - I recommend all to check it out

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
How can I order my GCMS notes?? Kindly explain, and when did u applied for ur application? What time they received it ?
Thanks

rbay

Oct 5, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-10-2016
File Transfer...
18-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-01-2017
How can I order my GCMS notes?? Kindly explain, and when did u applied for ur application? What time they received it ?
Thanks
Anyone can tell me how to order my GCMS notes?
You request the notes through the access to information act, you can read more about it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
I requested it online and it takes 30 days to process. It's only $5.00. If you search about the notes on this site there are some forums that give great detailed explanations which you can follow.

rbay

Oct 5, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29-10-2016
File Transfer...
18-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-01-2017
Thanks
My application was first received by CIC Mississauga on October 6, 2016. I was approved as a sponsor on November 10, and my application was transferred to Abu Dhabi Visa Office by December 18, 2016. We got a request for a police certificate on January 19, 2017, and my hubby sent one a few days later by courier...by like January 24 our background changed to "In Progress" and it's been that way ever since...
MyCIC still says "document requested" and never updated, but we know they received it because it says that they did on our notes.
Not sure how much longer we are going to be in background check but I hope it finishes ASAPPPPP o_O

My notes have few due dates fields, one with value of 16/07/2017 and another on 21/12/2017, I did brief reading, what I understood is that they might be the dates they will look again at my file. Check if you have due dates in your notes, they might be an indication when you might get an update.

One more thing, you mentioned that your CIC shows security check is in progress, is this something new? all I have about checks is only background checks.
abdwebus, I meant that background check is still in progress, it is the same check you are seeing not anything new :p