+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

abdwebus

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
I don't understand and I cannot check it because the access is exclusive to my rep. but were any nationalities listed ? Is this a new procedure ? How are we supposed to know ? Will we get any message or alert ?
The help icon next to it leads to another page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp I guess this will answer all your questions, and since this is new, I don't think anyone will know what's the process. However, when I applied for visit visa to Canada they captured my biometrics while submitting my passport in the VAC, so I am guessing it would be the same process if it was required.

Reactions: Aryan007

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
My husband is also having same thing on his account. Did u recently uploaded any doc?
Yes, I was asked to submit Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia and they received it before 7 months. I don't know why they did not update this line. We asked through MP about receiving of PCC and ADVO confirmed that they have been received it.

Reactions: popstops

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
My husband is also having same thing on his account. Did u recently uploaded any doc?
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. However , no one asked to uplode any additional documents !!!

popstops

May 16, 2017
Yes, I was asked to submit Police Clearance Certificate from Saudi Arabia and they received it before 7 months. I don't know why they did not update this line. We asked through MP about receiving of PCC and ADVO confirmed that they have been received it.
They asked for my husband's supplementary travel info, we uploaded last month and the status changed to the additional documents have been uploaded.
Now with this new changes, it is saying we need additional documents and when we go and click the view submitted documents, we can see the documents we uploaded but cannot open it.

popstops

May 16, 2017
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. However , no one asked to uplode any additional documents !!!
They might be reviewing documents you submitted with your application. They will contact you once they need any additional documents or if something is missing.

Utchia

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Dubai
App. Filed.......
05-15-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
How does it show 17 on her UAE ID
Is the date of birth different on the ID?
You don't need to submit her UAE ID, only the passport and a copy of her residents permit on her passport
On the back of the UAE card there is a DOB, and on her passport she has a stamp from the government that states her age is actually 18, ie 1998 but the picture on the passport still shows 17 ie 1999. so when I submitted my application I sent a copy of that stamp too that states she is 18 (month, day, 1998)

does it make sense?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
On the back of the UAE card there is a DOB, and on her passport she has a stamp from the government that states her age is actually 18, ie 1998 but the picture on the passport still shows 17 ie 1999. so when I submitted my application I sent a copy of that stamp too that states she is 18 (month, day, 1998)

does it make sense?
What did you write on the application, did you write the same date on the passport (17) or the actual date (18)

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
For me the additional documents u provided has been uploaded!!!!!! However no one ask to submit any additional documents?!!!! It's crazy!!! Don't get it

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
The help icon next to it leads to another page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp I guess this will answer all your questions, and since this is new, I don't think anyone will know what's the process. However, when I applied for visit visa to Canada they captured my biometrics while submitting my passport in the VAC, so I am guessing it would be the same process if it was required.
I don't think it is for the spousal sponsorship applicants, when I visited the link,it shows only "visitors" are required to give Biometrics (which was the case when I applied for visit) but for spousal sponsorship I don't think it is necessary. They just added the Biometrics field in the application for those applying for visit, study, or other type of visas...

Reactions: W.M

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015