Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
bublo ksa said:
I called area MP in last week of June. According to his reply which he received from CIC about my application is that, back ground checks are done at this point and file is under review by VO so I have to wait until review is done. Don't know when??????
I tried to get link to my account. Its shows status of my file as below.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this point
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In progress
Final decision Not Started

If back ground checks are done then why it shows here In progress?
Cofused :-X
Can you please confirm these status updates were shown in ECAS? Because they look more like the status updates for the TRV online application system? or did you access this information through GCKEY?

C.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
i dont seem to recall in my application a question "where does the applicant intend to stay in canada". but when linking file to mycic account there is a bar for that question. I dont think there was any question like that in the application .
Correct me if i am wrong . and would you be able to tell me where is that written on the application.
I am struggling to link my account.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hello guys
I just wanted to let you know that i was able to access my wife's latest application status through the MyCIC portal
with MyCIC you can view more details of what stage is your application is at right now
the link is
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

This is the latest status from my wife's application

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Hopefully it will be updated faster then the regular ECAS

Regards

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
By the way
anyone who is going to use the MyCIC, you will be asked the following question during the application search process

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application:

make sure to type 2 if you are only sponsoring your spouse otherwise the system won't be able to locate your application

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
So this is proof that government actually listens to its citizens!! Or maybe it's just coincidence...but last year I wrote numerous letters to my MP, the immigration minister and the PM (both Harper and Trudeau) on how the immigration system could be improved....and one of my key suggestions was to allow PR applications to be submitted online through the same system used for TRV (which is myCIC)....linking applications is a good step towards that although many are finding it difficult to do the actual linking. It seems that the LESS information you enter in the fields, the better....once you enter info into a particular section (i.e. passport), you must include information in all fields....some are having luck leaving that blank.

Good luck with it! There are other threads speaking about linking your application to myCIC...

C.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
zohaib007 said:
last night I call the lawyer he said who is apply the case from ksa immigration take the interview compulsory and after interview take 8 months more I don't know we give the money full but when I call him just he is talking to me scaring any body know about inform us coz some one give the interview from the ksa RIYADH visa office they are asking question so difficult guys don't take the easy immigration interview .
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? By this time, they should indicate whether or not an interview is likely....

There is a list of possible interview questions here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=1257664451 on one of the tabs...basically in the interview they want to confirm 2 things 1) that your relationship with your spouse is genuine and 2) that you have been honest in all of your answers on the application.

In considering relationship being genuine, they consider the cultural norms of the two people getting married...i.e. if you and your spouse are from Pakistan, they would expect that the marriage, and how its attended, communicated, etc would be consistent with the customs and traditions of Pakistan. Of course, this can vary and in those cases most people write an explanation for their circumstances.

I'm not sure of your contract with your lawyer, but in reality, lawyers are not usually needed for immigration applications. I know the process can seem daunting but if you are able to review all of the documents and guides on the IRCC (CIC) website and get information from this forum, you should be able to have all of your questions answered. The forum is mostly in English though and so if this is difficult for you I can understand.

C.

vickey89

Jan 13, 2016
Hello Guys,

I'm August-15 applicant, couple of weeks ago i sent case specific query to day they replied my case is awaiting for interview in Pakistan . but im leaving in Dubai last two years it is mentioned in application. how i can tell them im in Dubai and interview should take place in Dubai !!!! anyone has some situation ? please advise

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
mohammedessam said:
By the way
anyone who is going to use the MyCIC, you will be asked the following question during the application search process

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application:

make sure to type 2 if you are only sponsoring your spouse otherwise the system won't be able to locate your application
Mohamed I tried so many times but it didnt work ... should I put the sponsor or the sponsored information ? thank u

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
Application/profile details

▼ Application/profile status

Application/profile details

Where is this application?

Details

Help

Application /profile status// Open / Help
Review of eligibility/// Review in Progress// Help
Review of medical results/// Review in Progress/// Help
Review of submitted documents// Provided/// Help
Scheduling an interview// Not needed at this time// Help
A background check is needed/// Not Started ///Help
Final decision/// Not Started

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
I am also done account and some one tell me about it .

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
About to apply for spousal application still at initial stage.My wife is submitting assessment of sponsorship in canada on friday well more like our lawyers are submitting so lets see how much time it takes bw i am Pakistani applying from Abu dhabi and i hired one of the top immigration lawyers from toronto i believe we should always hire lawyers for these kinda of stuff because paper works are always tricky and the professional knows how to handle them so its better to use some money and hire someone really gd and professional.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Chawais said:
About to apply for spousal application still at initial stage.My wife is submitting assessment of sponsorship in canada on friday well more like our lawyers are submitting so lets see how much time it takes bw i am Pakistani applying from Abu dhabi and i hired one of the top immigration lawyers from toronto i believe we should always hire lawyers for these kinda of stuff because paper works are always tricky and the professional knows how to handle them so its better to use some money and hire someone really gd and professional.
Good luck with your application
I don't believe hiring a lawyer is a good choice since the application process is straight forward and everything is explained in details at cic website

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
mohammedessam said:
Good luck with your application
I don't believe hiring a lawyer is a good choice since the application process is straight forward and everything is explained in details at cic website
I did hire an immigration consultant but I have never done that before for any of my past applications like (my study permit/visa app, immigration applications, visitor visa/ super visa applications for my parents, my brothers study permit/visa etc and so on). and honestly dont think hiring a lawyer is a good choice. agree with the comment above that the application process is pretty simple and cic website has everything that you need to know.

aamai

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Hello all, my husband came to Canada 6 months ago from Saudi Arabia and we are originally form Yemen. now when he planned to get his driving license they didn't accept it because the one from Saudi has a wrong his wrong birthday they just automatically fill it with 1/1 to anyone :( so we tried many times and wondering now if anyone have been in that situation or heard of it to assist us with that

thanks

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
Guys help plzzz .. am not able to link the application online ... i did my best to search for my husband application to be linked on the new service and it did not work ... and passed the 5 times trying two times. is there any one can help ? thank u so much