Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Lamis, I don't know but I assume that is the case if you're not visa exempt. I am visa exempt so I didn't need the visa (I only have to send passport copies, not original passport to get COPR). Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a definitive answer.

When I did my landing the immigration officer did say that until I got my PR card I would have to travel as a regular UK citizen and not as a Canadian PR.

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Taddy said:
Lamis, I don't know but I assume that is the case if you're not visa exempt. I am visa exempt so I didn't need the visa (I only have to send passport copies, not original passport to get COPR). Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a definitive answer.

When I did my landing the immigration officer did say that until I got my PR card I would have to travel as a regular UK citizen and not as a Canadian PR.
Mmm ok thank you anyways taddy :)

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Lamis said:
Hey Taddy glad to see that everything is fine with you..
We will land hopefully on sunday :)
I just have a qs regarding the visa is it only for one entry? And what if the persob had something urgent to travel for before he gets his prc ? He wont be able to get back again to canada?
If you have to travel before receiving your PRC, you can apply for travel document from the canadian embassy of the country where you are in but it will take some time and not suggested

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
mohammedessam said:
If you have to travel before receiving your PRC, you can apply for travel document from the canadian embassy of the country where you are in but it will take some time and not suggested
Mmmm ok thank you :)

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
Still waiting for passport since 22nov.

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
It still says under process. What is ur status? U also submitted through vfs dubai right?

TintaTonti said:
What is the status on VFS site?

TintaTonti

Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Girl89 said:
It still says under process. What is ur status? U also submitted through vfs dubai right?
It says Documents for Visa application, tracking ID No. ***** are under process at the Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI.

Yes, I submitted through VFS Dubai at Wafi. I hope we get our passport with Visa before Christmas

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
Mine is the same status. Yes lets pray to get it before holidays.

TintaTonti said:
It says Documents for Visa application, tracking ID No. ***** are under process at the Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI.

Yes, I submitted through VFS Dubai at Wafi. I hope we get our passport with Visa before Christmas

TintaTonti

Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cannot track my passport status. VFS website is currently down. I called VFS call centre and they informed me that my passport is still in process with the Canadian Embassy Abu Dhai. He also told me that Visa stamping for PR will take time according to his experience which takes from 10 days to a month. Now I'm worried. If anyone gets his PPR back today or within this week please update here.

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
I called vfs today too.same status. It wil be a month on wednesday for us. Lets pray for the best

TintaTonti said:
I cannot track my passport status. VFS website is currently down. I called VFS call centre and they informed me that my passport is still in process with the Canadian Embassy Abu Dhai. He also told me that Visa stamping for PR will take time according to his experience which takes from 10 days to a month. Now I'm worried. If anyone gets his PPR back today or within this week please update here.

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Dear All,

Kindly help, If a child is born outside Canada & the mother is Canadian citizen but the husband is non Canadian. Will the child be granted Canadian citizen ?

- Mother was born outside Canada & became Citizen by Naturalization (was sponsored by parents in 2000).

Because its mentioned in CIC

You were born outside Canada and adopted by a Canadian

Your children born outside Canada will not be citizens if you were:

born outside Canada,
adopted by a Canadian citizen, and
became a Canadian citizen using the citizenship process for intercountry adoption.
However, if your children’s other parent was born in Canada or is a naturalized citizen, your children will became citizens through them.

Thanks,

Girl89

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
Yes ur child will be granted canadian citizenship.my daughter was born outside canada aswell

Ys246 said:
Dear All,

Kindly help, If a child is born outside Canada & the mother is Canadian citizen but the husband is non Canadian. Will the child be granted Canadian citizen ?

- Mother was born outside Canada & became Citizen by Naturalization (was sponsored by parents in 2000).

Because its mentioned in CIC

You were born outside Canada and adopted by a Canadian

Your children born outside Canada will not be citizens if you were:

born outside Canada,
adopted by a Canadian citizen, and
became a Canadian citizen using the citizenship process for intercountry adoption.
However, if your children’s other parent was born in Canada or is a naturalized citizen, your children will became citizens through them.

Thanks,

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Girl89 said:
Yes ur child will be granted canadian citizenship.my daughter was born outside canada aswell
Just wanna make sure you were naturalized citizen or you were born in Canada.