Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AMJ said:
Noor. Send a case specific enquiry at normally a response would come with 2/3 weeks.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi
Hello AMJ - Long time no see - are you in Canada ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
torontormcf said:
I have received the SA today. Unfortunately, like zbaby, the file is transferred to London rather than Abu Dhabi.

Not sure why they did that, considering, my spouse lives & works in Dubai.
Congratulations on your SA torontormcf - Thats surprising - have you looked into it, as in why London ? Is it because Abu Dhabi is overwhelmed with applications and now they are re routing them to London ?

torontormcf

Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2015
AOR Received.
27-03-2015
File Transfer...
13-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2014
Passport Req..
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Impresso said:
Congratulations on your SA torontormcf - Thats surprising - have you looked into it, as in why London ? Is it because Abu Dhabi is overwhelmed with applications and now they are re routing them to London ?
Thanks
I have no idea why they did that. I PM'd zbaby to see if he/she got anywhere with this, before I proceed with finding out. I am really hoping to see my file transferred to ADVO.

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Impresso said:
Do you know why you were rejected ? Usually Visit Visa , Study Permit and Family Sponsorship are handled by separate department and do not usually have co-relation among them. Student Permit and Family Immigration are two separate things - I do not recall coming across a rejection question ( Applied almost 1 year ago ) but I wouldn't be surprised if they do ask about it in the forms. They are more focused if you were rejected entry from a country due to criminality or security reasons.
Ok.one more thing...is it necessary to make a new pasport wd husband name?because my father name is there on pasport and bahrain resident permit or jst we show our marriage papers?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rabs84 said:
Ok.one more thing...is it necessary to make a new pasport wd husband name?because my father name is there on pasport and bahrain resident permit or jst we show our marriage papers?
Hello Rabs84, Please check your inbox - You will need to show both your passport and marriage papers.

You do not have to make a new passport just because of the name, as long as your name is consistent in all your ID's - but if you wish to have your husbands name and keep all your name consistent in your documents such as Birth Certificate/Passport / Marriage Papers then yes you may have to go through some efforts and make the changes. On a side note - consistent names are preferred in most places in Canada so it is always a good practice to keep your name consistent in all your documents including Police Clearance Certificates.

Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
torontormcf said:
Thanks
I have no idea why they did that. I PM'd zbaby to see if he/she got anywhere with this, before I proceed with finding out. I am really hoping to see my file transferred to ADVO.
Haven't seen zbaby around on this thread for some time now - I am really curious to know why. Please do share your info once you find out - All the best.

kakoimarlon

Aug 31, 2014
My time line is;
Application : familly class
1st.I recived email from Abu Dhabi VO For document / checklist : December 2012
2nd.Document and All the Form ,included the NBI / Police clearance from the Philippines are send to Abu Dhabi VO :Feb 2013
3rd.Medical request : Feb 1. 2015
4th. Medical done : Feb 17, 2015

My wife ask for help ,somebody in Parlliament for my case status ,and they told my wife that they waiting for my Police clearance from Abu Dhabi VO. So I'm planning to get a new Police clearance .Thank you for the Advise ! Can you tell me how to get Notes?

19SRB75

Oct 4, 2014
Impresso said:
When was the last update on your case ? Have you sent them an email to the general mail box or to a case specific inquiry ?
Hi Impresso, thank you for spending your time to respond. The last update was on February 17, 2015. That was the time the ADVO sent the medical notice and forms. I sent the email to ABDBIIMMIGRATION @international.gc.ca

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi,
We are gathering doc n collecting info...i want to know we hv to do medical n police clearance wd application or an instruction from cic aftr submitting application?

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Simple question . From the timeline it says 13 month for Abu Dhabi office . But I am noticing some people are waiting longer than that. How can I prevent delays and longer wait ? I am sponsoring my wife in Saudi Arabia . I will be sending my application this month . My hope is that I won't wait longer than 13 month . I have completed all the necessary information.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
19SRB75 said:
Hi Impresso, thank you for spending your time to respond. The last update was on February 17, 2015. That was the time the ADVO sent the medical notice and forms. I sent the email to ABDBIIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca
You are also able to send them case specific inquiry which allows you to upload files/docs as well. Would you be kind enough to share your time line with us so we can put on the spread sheet. Thanks.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Rabs84 said:
Hi,
We are gathering doc n collecting info...i want to know we hv to do medical n police clearance wd application or an instruction from cic aftr submitting application?
You will see in the application package that there is a document checklist - as per that doc you will require to provide police clearance for the countries where the applicant has stayed over 6 months in the last 10 years ( Please do check the time for I may be mistaken ) - The medical you can provide along with the application or you may wait for ADVO to send you a request.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ohcanada15 said:
Simple question . From the timeline it says 13 month for Abu Dhabi office . But I am noticing some people are waiting longer than that. How can I prevent delays and longer wait ? I am sponsoring my wife in Saudi Arabia . I will be sending my application this month . My hope is that I won't wait longer than 13 month . I have completed all the necessary information.
The time line has recently been updated to 13 months and was longer in the last few quarters. Ever case is unique and handled by different Immigration officer, not to mention that we are seeing trends where some go through quick and some have to wait - we assume that this is due to the different pools .

To avoid delays you would want to have all your document in checks - provide tons of information such as , Group Pictures ( with the applicant, friends and family ) showing wedding/engagement/ceremony/trips ; Airline Tickets / Hotel Receipts / Phone Bills / Email or Letters / Chat Messages ( BBM, Whatsapp, Skype) / Marriage Documents / Money Transfer / Joint Bank Account etc etc.

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello NoorNoor,

Your timeline is almost same as ours - we applied on April 28th, 2014. I wouldn't place a lot off emphasis on the ECAS as sometimes it is not very accurate. There are members who had their ECAS status as " In Process " but got a Passport Request right away. The main concern here is if they asked for any additional documents and there was a communication gap. ECAS wouldn't tell you about any papers nor do I think that CIC will compensate for the delay as the applicant side, in this case, is handled by Abu Dhabi.

Two things I would do is

1) Contact your Local MP in Canada and explain the situation and seek if they can help out, most likely they will ask you to sign consent forms, but they have a quicker way of reaching the Visa Offices.
2) Order your GCMS Notes - instructions below ( Keep in mind that notes take about 4-6 weeks to arrive )

Hello Impresso,

The MP idea is perfect ,and i will order my GCMS thank you for helping and i will tell you what will happen