+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,

Small question.

Pakistani Citizen living with sponsor in Kuwait. Which one of should be used below for Information guides

Because it says "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below."

I was born & still living in Kuwait. Which one should I go for ? Both ?!

Middle East and Central Asia [IMM 3911] (PDF, 2 MB) (PDF, 2.02 MB) (For Kuwait)
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

General Asia [IMM 3907] (PDF, 731.37 KB) (For Pakistan)
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Would be Appreciated,

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
I have completed everything that's necessary. My wife lives in Saudi Arabia. Only problem now I have is my marriage is based on proxy.
I was able to go to Saudi And have a wedding but under the visa regulation,I couldn't get another marriage certificate because I went to
Saudi Arabia under Umrah Visa which is religious Visa. Now I have marriage certificate based on proxy marriage.

I had Islamic ceremony at the time which is call Nikah and was able to get marriage certificate from our home country embassy In Saudi Arabia
without my presence. Relatives helped us do all this.

Now I'm ready to send my application to Abu Dhabi office but I need to prove that proxy marriage is legal in Islamic law and in Saudi Arabia .

has anyone know link to Saudi government site that can help me with this ?? I need to prove my case that my marriage is legal under Islamic law
in Saudi Arabia to the CIC.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mzm26 said:
To be honest with you I just followed the instructions exactly in the PPR email. There were few options to submit the PP by courier or in person. We chose in person and the lady at the counter told my wife it could take up to 10 business days and may be more in some cases. But for us it was delivered in 10 business days.

I personally think it all depends on the officer who is handling the case/file, some are very active in processing the file while others just like to sit on file for months.
Thanks for sharing your experience mzm26.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
bessie_alminar said:
Hi everyone! :)

I just want to ask if there is an applicant here who has received their application in CIC last June 2014?
I am sponsoring my husband and the CIC received our application last June 23, 2014. They sent my a letter saying that I am eligible to sponsor my husband last August 25, 2014. They also forwarded the application of my husband to Abu Dhabi visa office last August 23, 2014 and received the upfront medical that same date. There's still no update in our ECAS after that.
We are now worrying about his medical that is going to expire this April 8, 2014. We sent an email in the visa office to follow up and tell them about the expiration of his medical but they didn't reply on it.
Is there any chances that they might ask for retaking medical or not? Please help me get some information regarding our situation. Thanks in advance. :)
Hello bessie_alminar,

Welcome to the forum - it is not unusual for ADVO not to reply back emails. In your case, it seems like all your documents are in check and they do not require anything else from you at this point in time. In case of your medicals - there is a possibility that ADVO can extend the date of the medical automatically in the sytem, but most likely they may ask for a re-medical , as you will require a valid medical for landing in Canada.

Have you considered applying for notes to see where your case stands ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Ys246 said:
Hi,

Small question.

Pakistani Citizen living with sponsor in Kuwait. Which one of should be used below for Information guides

Because it says "Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below."

I was born & still living in Kuwait. Which one should I go for ? Both ?!

Middle East and Central Asia [IMM 3911] (PDF, 2 MB) (PDF, 2.02 MB) (For Kuwait)
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

General Asia [IMM 3907] (PDF, 731.37 KB) (For Pakistan)
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Would be Appreciated,

As you are a resident/currently residing in Kuwait with a valid Residency Visa - you will be following the Middle East Guide and I believe your case file will be transferred to Abu Dhabi, once you obtain your Sponsorship Approval. All the Best.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ohcanada15 said:
I have completed everything that's necessary. My wife lives in Saudi Arabia. Only problem now I have is my marriage is based on proxy.
I was able to go to Saudi And have a wedding but under the visa regulation,I couldn't get another marriage certificate because I went to
Saudi Arabia under Umrah Visa which is religious Visa. Now I have marriage certificate based on proxy marriage.

I had Islamic ceremony at the time which is call Nikah and was able to get marriage certificate from our home country embassy In Saudi Arabia
without my presence. Relatives helped us do all this.

Now I'm ready to send my application to Abu Dhabi office but I need to prove that proxy marriage is legal in Islamic law and in Saudi Arabia .

has anyone know link to Saudi government site that can help me with this ?? I need to prove my case that my marriage is legal under Islamic law
in Saudi Arabia to the CIC.

Hello ohcanada15 - have you looked into any other threads in this forum for ' Proxy Marriage ' - From what it sounds like you will need to attain this information based on Saudi Government or your Local Embassy to give you directions. Is your marriage Certificate and Nikah invalid if you do not provide proof of proxy Marriage ?

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
Hi Everyone!
I'm Canadian living in Canada and my wife with two kids lives in Dubai.
Here is my timeline so far
SPONSOR:
Application Received: Nov 25, 2014
Started Processing: Feb 17, 2015
Decision Made: Feb 23, 2015

SPOUSE: (PAKISTANI CITIZEN) CHILDREN: CANADIAN

My Questions
1) My Spouse's phone number is changed, how to update that information? (is there a need to do it, or will it delay the process)
2) Will the Visa Office be mailing a letter to my spouse or will they continue to e-mail the letters to me? (I received letter by e-mail stating the I have met requirements to sponsor)
3) Spouse Police certificate was for only 3 months from Dubai police, will they request for another one as 3 months have passed.
4) final Million dollar question? How long will take? :D

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
100% same case here

Hi Everyone!
I'm Canadian living in Canada and my wife with two kids lives in Abu Dhabi.
SPONSOR:
Application Received: Nov 20, 2014
Started Processing: Feb 15, 2015
Decision Made (Sponsorship approval): Feb 24, 2015 trnasferring application to ADVO

Application Received: Nov 20, 2014 Abu Dhabi

Still waiting no updates. Don't ADVO received our application or not.

kakoimarlon

Aug 31, 2014
Hi to all member ! I send my police clearance together with my applications year 2013. I just wanth to ask the police certificate do have expiration?

Apr 2, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello bessie_alminar,

Welcome to the forum - it is not unusual for ADVO not to reply back emails. In your case, it seems like all your documents are in check and they do not require anything else from you at this point in time. In case of your medicals - there is a possibility that ADVO can extend the date of the medical automatically in the sytem, but most likely they may ask for a re-medical , as you will require a valid medical for landing in Canada.

Have you considered applying for notes to see where your case stands ?
Thanks for your response Impresso. Much appreciated! :) that's what I'm thinking too. We just need to wait if they're going to ask for a re-medical before my husband do it. I don't know how to apply for notes and I really want to do it. Can you help me please how to apply for notes? Thanks in advance. :D

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hello all,
Anyone here has experienced delays in SA stage? Mine is way past. I received AOR on March 14th, and my application was received by CPC on Jan 12th. I've been calling CIC on regular basis, the decision is not their's to make, all they could do was sending an e-mail to CPC inquiring about my case, that was torwards the end of March. Still nothing, when I talked with CIC today the agent tells me, they can't take any further actions, until 3 months have passed from the time they sent the e-mail! Frustrating to say the least. Any thoughts, experiences with such scenarios would be much appreciated.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
m9090 said:
Hi Everyone!
I'm Canadian living in Canada and my wife with two kids lives in Dubai.
SPONSOR:
Started Processing: Feb 17, 2015
Decision Made: Feb 23, 2015

My Questions
1) My Spouse's phone number is changed, how to update that information? (is there a need to do it, or will it delay the process)
2) Will the Visa Office be mailing a letter to my spouse or will they continue to e-mail the letters to me? (I received letter by e-mail stating the I have met requirements to sponsor)
3) Spouse Police certificate was for only 3 months from Dubai police, will they request for another one as 3 months have passed.
4) final Million dollar question? How long will take? :D
Hello m9090, welcome to the forum

1) Phone number change is not necessary, as they will primary contact you via the correspondence address provided, which can be changed online once your file is open'd in AbuDhabi
2) As your spouse is the applicant, it would make logical sense for them to contact the applicant for further correspondence, regarding additional doc etc as it the applicant side processing ( Other members can comment on this statement )
3) In most cases they don't once they enter into the system and it goes against the Eligibility of the Applicant on the file. If they do, they will ask you for Additional Documents
4) No Crystal Ball to answer this question - everyone is in the same boat and every application and immigration officer is different. You have to be patient my friend and do not loose hope.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
Still waiting no updates. Don't ADVO received our application or not.
Hello mabbasi - don't give up on your hope. It usually takes roughly 7 days for the file to reach Abu Dhabi from the date of your SA. They usually don't do much with the file until someone reviews your file and an immigration officer is assigned to it. This process takes upto 3 Months ( in some case 4 months ) - If they see all your documents are in order and nothing else is required, they may not contact you for anything, you may see your status change on ECAS to in process at a later stage. If additional documents are required you will hear from them within 3-4 months from the date of your SA. So hold tight until end of May my friend.

This will all be done before you know it Insha'Allah

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
kakoimarlon said:
Hi to all member ! I send my police clearance together with my applications year 2013. I just wanth to ask the police certificate do have expiration?
Hello kakoimarlon, Is your application under Family Sponsorship Category ? All police certificate has an expiration, as long as it has been entered in the system and your clear Eligibility Requirement, they may not ask for a new police clearance certificate. - All the best.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
bessie_alminar said:
Thanks for your response Impresso. Much appreciated! :) that's what I'm thinking too. We just need to wait if they're going to ask for a re-medical before my husband do it. I don't know how to apply for notes and I really want to do it. Can you help me please how to apply for notes? Thanks in advance. :D
Hello bessie_alminar,

Indeed this is all a waiting game - kindly share with us your timeline so we can place you in the spread sheet for reference. In regards to notes, please see below and let us know if you have any questions.

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

1 You will need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You will need to pay the $5 fee

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.