+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
tamyboy said:
Congrats, mashaAllah. How was your timeline like ?

Today I received an email from cic, asking to redo the medical. Keeping in mind, I submitted the application in February 2014. So after 14 months they decided they want remedical. Unbelievable. In May of last year they requested additional documents. If they wanted they could have asked in May for remedical. Or in Oct when the ecase changed to inprocessing. Anyway its very convenient for them to just delay and throw things at you.
Thanks tamyboy. please find my timeline below.

Application sent: 15 Oct 2014
SA: 11 Dec 2014
PPR: 15 March 2015
Visa Issued: 24 March 2015
PP received: 31 March 2015

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
tamyboy said:
I hope its soon now iA. In the notes they asked for medical extension internally. So I am guessing that medical extension was not granted or what. Regardless its easier to have asked for remedical in November last year when it expired. Not 4 months later now. Anyway I am just ranting. Thanks for listening. Also keep in mind avg processing time is 13 months for files that were done last year. Mine is past 13.
I understand the frustration - doesn't really make sense at all. Also it seems that when they ask for ADR they cannot predict how long it will take, and I think there are different groups involved. One group asks for ADR, another group before they issue PPR checks for medical validity and requests that later.

My wife and I are in a situation where if they ask for re-medical, it is going to be difficult for my wife. Lets see inshaAllah.

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Impresso said:
Mabrook mzm26 - Did you do anything different in terms of sending your passport and receiving it ? I know a few member had to go on a wild goose chase to get their passports back.
To be honest with you I just followed the instructions exactly in the PPR email. There were few options to submit the PP by courier or in person. We chose in person and the lady at the counter told my wife it could take up to 10 business days and may be more in some cases. But for us it was delivered in 10 business days.

I personally think it all depends on the officer who is handling the case/file, some are very active in processing the file while others just like to sit on file for months.

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
mzm26 said:
Thanks tamyboy. please find my timeline below.

Application sent: 15 Oct 2014
SA: 11 Dec 2014
PPR: 15 March 2015
Visa Issued: 24 March 2015
PP received: 31 March 2015
That is a very good looking time line mashaAllah. Don't want to step on your toes but is your nationality GCC or similar ?

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Impresso said:
I understand the frustration - doesn't really make sense at all. Also it seems that when they ask for ADR they cannot predict how long it will take, and I think there are different groups involved. One group asks for ADR, another group before they issue PPR checks for medical validity and requests that later.

My wife and I are in a situation where if they ask for re-medical, it is going to be difficult for my wife. Lets see inshaAllah.
Yes does not make sense at all. Is your medical about to expire ? I don't know if you can send the medical again by your self without them asking to avoid what happened with me ?

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
tamyboy said:
That is a very good looking time line mashaAllah. Don't want to step on your toes but is your nationality GCC or similar ?
Me and my wife both are Pakistani citizens :)

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Impresso said:

i was thinking the same thing , to redo medical and send it to them before they ask but in the sametime im hoping they will extend it ,our medical just expired ! last notes they didnt mention any request for re med. and that make me more confused !
r u thinking to order the notes again ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
tamyboy said:
Yes does not make sense at all. Is your medical about to expire ? I don't know if you can send the medical again by your self without them asking to avoid what happened with me ?
Our Medicals already expired in Sep 2014 - we saw in the notes it says Med-Ext but dont really know what it means. Also we are expecting another baby, so wife wont be able to go through a medical if required. Dont know if that will delay the process. In terms of sending medicals again, I know a few member have done it to be safe.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Tulip flower said:
i was thinking the same thing , to redo medical and send it to them before they ask but in the sametime im hoping they will extend it ,our medical just expired ! last notes they didnt mention any request for re med. and that make me more confused !
r u thinking to order the notes again ?
Yes I will be ordering notes again just to see what is going on as there is no other way of knowing - Honestly I was a little excited to see that our case status changed to " In Process " and seeing other members were getting PPR with a few months after getting " In Process " - 5 Months since and still no news. Insha'Allah hope all this waiting will end soon.

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Impresso said:
Our Medicals already expired in Sep 2014 - we saw in the notes it says Med-Ext but dont really know what it means. Also we are expecting another baby, so wife wont be able to go through a medical if required. Dont know if that will delay the process. In terms of sending medicals again, I know a few member have done it to be safe.
In this situation you gota wait. With me in my notes there was also talk of med extension but they still requested.

Apr 2, 2015
Hi everyone! :)

I just want to ask if there is an applicant here who has received their application in CIC last June 2014?
I am sponsoring my husband and the CIC received our application last June 23, 2014. They sent my a letter saying that I am eligible to sponsor my husband last August 25, 2014. They also forwarded the application of my husband to Abu Dhabi visa office last August 23, 2014 and received the upfront medical that same date. There's still no update in our ECAS after that.
We are now worrying about his medical that is going to expire this April 8, 2014. We sent an email in the visa office to follow up and tell them about the expiration of his medical but they didn't reply on it.
Is there any chances that they might ask for retaking medical or not? Please help me get some information regarding our situation. Thanks in advance. :)

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Impresso said:
Yes I will be ordering notes again just to see what is going on as there is no other way of knowing - Honestly I was a little excited to see that our case status changed to " In Process " and seeing other members were getting PPR with a few months after getting " In Process " - 5 Months since and still no news. Insha'Allah hope all this waiting will end soon.
I felt the same thing when I saw our status change to "in process", just got excited that any day they could request passport. I hope it's close now InshaAllah.

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Hello beautiful people,

Great job on sharing your experiences and helping each other out. I am hoping to get help on couple questions:

Me and my spouse are Pakistani citizens and we got married in Pakistan. I am a Canadian PR and she is a resident of Dubai.

1. Do I need to send original nikkah nama and English translation or is a notarized copy of the Nadra Marriage Registration Certificate (which is an official registration certificate/document from the govt of Pakistan and made after submitting the Nikkah Nama) attested by ministry of foreign affairs in Pakistan good enough? When I read the U.A.E country specific guide, I know it says copy for marriage certificate but I am confused and concerned based on some blogs folks have sent all 3 but my question is why? the latter comes from the former and is in English so why bulk up the application for no apparent reason? If Nadra Marriage certificate is good enough then should it also be attested from somewhere in Dubai? If yes then from where and why?

2. Couple of the passport entry exit stamps for the applicant (my spouse) don't make sense and are from long ago, definitely seems like a mistake on the stamp's date itself, should I be worried about this? should I include it in the travel/personal history as is and explain on separate sheet that she is unable to remember and can't figure from the stamps in passport? She has a loottt of entry exit stamps and they are all for the same entry/exit countries

3. Should the passport copies be notarized? I read somewhere it's not required for passport copies but for all other documents (other than those required in original)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks : )

i2canada

Apr 18, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
09-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
shaikhy said:
Hello beautiful people,

Great job on sharing your experiences and helping each other out. I am hoping to get help on couple questions:

Me and my spouse are Pakistani citizens and we got married in Pakistan. I am a Canadian PR and she is a resident of Dubai.

1. Do I need to send original nikkah nama and English translation or is a notarized copy of the Nadra Marriage Registration Certificate (which is an official registration certificate/document from the govt of Pakistan and made after submitting the Nikkah Nama) attested by ministry of foreign affairs in Pakistan good enough? When I read the U.A.E country specific guide, I know it says copy for marriage certificate but I am confused and concerned based on some blogs folks have sent all 3 but my question is why? the latter comes from the former and is in English so why bulk up the application for no apparent reason? If Nadra Marriage certificate is good enough then should it also be attested from somewhere in Dubai? If yes then from where and why?

2. Couple of the passport entry exit stamps for the applicant (my spouse) don't make sense and are from long ago, definitely seems like a mistake on the stamp's date itself, should I be worried about this? should I include it in the travel/personal history as is and explain on separate sheet that she is unable to remember and can't figure from the stamps in passport? She has a loottt of entry exit stamps and they are all for the same entry/exit countries

3. Should the passport copies be notarized? I read somewhere it's not required for passport copies but for all other documents (other than those required in original)

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks : )
Hi,
Our case is same as yours. Here's my experience:
1. We submitted all three, original Nikhat Nama, English translation notarized, and marriage certificate. We applied thru agent and he advised it is necessary.
2. This is not to worry about. If they need any further details they will ask for it later or may even want to see the original passport.
3. We didn't send notarized copies of passport and they neither asked for any further docs. Our decison is made by still waiting for the correspondence on it.
Good luck with your application.