+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
mzm26 said:
Hello all,

AlhamduliAllah my wife received her passport from ADVO with the visa issued. I thank you all for sharing your valuable knowledge and pray you all reunite with your loved ones very soon InshaALLAH.

Please update my timeline: visa issued 24 march, passport received 31 march.
Congrats, mashaAllah. How was your timeline like ?

Today I received an email from cic, asking to redo the medical. Keeping in mind, I submitted the application in February 2014. So after 14 months they decided they want remedical. Unbelievable. In May of last year they requested additional documents. If they wanted they could have asked in May for remedical. Or in Oct when the ecase changed to inprocessing. Anyway its very convenient for them to just delay and throw things at you.

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
mzm26 said:
Hello all,

AlhamduliAllah my wife received her passport from ADVO with the visa issued. I thank you all for sharing your valuable knowledge and pray you all reunite with your loved ones very soon InshaALLAH.

congratulations ,pray for the rest plz
and welcome to canada

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
tamyboy said:

Today I received an email from cic, asking to redo the medical. Keeping in mind, I submitted the application in February 2014. So after 14 months they decided they want remedical. Unbelievable. In May of last year they requested additional documents. If they wanted they could have asked in May for remedical. Or in Oct when the ecase changed to inprocessing. Anyway its very convenient for them to just delay and throw things at you.
i know it seems frustrating after waiting all that time ,but look at the good part the officer finally wake
,u r very close to ppr

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys we applied 2 weeks ago without filling the residency questionnaire here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf !, It says "Additional details for residents of Abu Dhabi", so I thought we didn't have to fill it.. My wife lives in Qatar..
Is that form required for all gulf applicants ? or just UAE residents ? Will the application be returned ?

i2canada

Apr 18, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
09-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
mzm26 said:
Hello all,

Many congrats to you and your wife. Wish you a prosperous life ahead. Praying for rest. Regards

i2canada

Apr 18, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
09-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
tamyboy said:

Waiting for this long gets very hard I agree. This seems the last step in your case and you are very close to PPR. They asked for re-medical as its over 12 months. In MAy your medical was still valid.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Guys we applied 2 weeks ago without filling the residency questionnaire here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf !, It says "Additional details for residents of Abu Dhabi", so I thought we didn't have to fill it.. My wife lives in Qatar..
Is that form required for all gulf applicants ? or just UAE residents ? Will the application be returned ?
Guys, any advice would be appreciated ... Did you all fill the residency questionnaire form in the middle-east specific instruction pdf if your office is ADVO ? Or is it only for abu dhabi residents (like mentioned in the guide) ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
Salaam Alaykum Impresso. Kind of you to check on me..
No news yet. I called them again on Friday, and mentioned to the lady the wait time on the web-site is 64days and it says they are working on Jan 19th applications(mine was received on the 12th), she agreed and sent the CPS an e-mail, from what she could tell, "they are working on it", which is the same answer since Jan 19th.. Insha'Allah I'll hear soon. I'm planning to visit my wife next month, pending SA, and most likely apply again for the Tourist visa, with the hope that the SA would assist this time.. I will let you know as soon as something changes. Take care, as always, you have been a big help.
Walikum Assalam haldashti - sorry for the late reply, being busy with work. Insha'Allah you will hear from them soon for your SA. The biggest point in applying to Tourist Visa is to prove very strong ties with UAE - like full time job or school program. Please do let us know if anything changes or if you have any questions.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
i2canada said:
We haven't paid the RPRF yet. I have checked with the UCI and it says same decision made. It seems the office has not sent any correspondence regarding the decision. Because when they send letter they update the ECAS with the date when letter is sent. My guess here is they have processed our application comparatively fast so they might have put it on hold to justify the time for applicants who have applied prior.
The reason I ask is - in our notes we saw that they were to request for RPRF fees ( in Nov/Dec ) - and its already April, thought of just paying it online. Also, I was speculating on that theory that to maintain "average" processing time, CIC /ADVO is selective on applications which go in a quick pool and which goes is in a slow pool. I strongly believe that a VO can process these applications in about 6 months given they have enough staffing - oh well aren't we all dreaming about that.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mzm26 said:
Hello all,

Mabrook mzm26 - Did you do anything different in terms of sending your passport and receiving it ? I know a few member had to go on a wild goose chase to get their passports back.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
tamyboy said:

Look at the brighter side tamyboy - Insha'Allah very soon you will be in Canada - btw are you in Canada at the moment ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
yr97 said:
Hello yr97 - welcome to the forum. In our case we did not fill this forum for the same reason you mentioned and also we heard that this was for locals - Anyway moving forward, Our application hasn't been returned yet (Alhamdulliah), my wife is a UAE resident - Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. Worse case scenario, they may ask you for additional documents when your file reaches Abu Dhabi. All the best.

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
I hope its soon now iA. In the notes they asked for medical extension internally. So I am guessing that medical extension was not granted or what. Regardless its easier to have asked for remedical in November last year when it expired. Not 4 months later now. Anyway I am just ranting. Thanks for listening. Also keep in mind avg processing time is 13 months for files that were done last year. Mine is past 13.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hassenfe said:
Hello Everyone
I see you guys talking about notes? How can i see mine??
Hello Hassenfe

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

1 You will need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You will need to pay the $5 fee

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.