Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
kakoimarlon said:
Hi to all member! My application is PR in AD VO. before I can see my application in E-cas that my application are received,but now I cannot check my status online? I received medical request last Feb 1 2015, medical done Feb 17 2015. I call the medical clinic and they told me that they foward the result to VO . How manny months I will wait for the Passport request?
Hello kakoimarlon - sometimes the ECAS plays tricks, try your spouses UCI or File number and see if you can see anything. In regards to medicals - they will have to receive your medicals and then continue with the remaining of your process. If your security is already cleared then it shouldn't take long but if they have to start your security process then it may take a few months before you hear from them.

HanJay

Jan 17, 2015
CANCIT said:
Hi Everyone, I have been following this forum for a bit now and I finally decided to join. I am sponsoring my wife from Dubai and applied last year in March 2014 and still no word yet. From looking at everyones case, its very random as I am seeing cases that people have applied after me and have received passport request at the end of December 2014. But again, when its time it will come.

Impresso - I was looking at your timeline and its similar to mine. I also checked online and my status also changed to "In Process" on October 29, 2014. So I am hoping we're in the same batch.

Application Sent to Mississauga office: March 15, 2014
Medical done by spouse: March 15, 2014
Application Received by Abu Dhabi: April 22, 2014
First correspondence from Abu Dhabi: June 22, 2014

All the best to everyone!
im in the same boat as you, i am sponsoring my wife from dubai as well. They started processing my application on October 22, 2014.

Application Sent to Mississauga office: March 03, 2014
Medical done by spouse: Jan 09, 2014
Application Received by Abu Dhabi: march 26, 2014

Spouse did her re-medical Jan 27, 2015 ; they didnt ask for a remedical but did it anyways

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HanJay said:
im in the same boat as you, i am sponsoring my wife from dubai as well. They started processing my application on October 22, 2014.

Spouse did her re-medical Jan 27, 2015 ; they didnt ask for a remedical but did it anyways
Hello Hanjay - did you order any notes from CIC ? How did you do your re-medical without getting a request ?

As I understand you need a request which has the File Number and some other details of your application in order to do your re-medicals.

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
HanJay said:

Have you submitted that re-medical?

It seems like they have gone quiet all of a sudden. I am checking the online application and the last time they have updated that site was Nov 14, 2014.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Usually they update every quarter - There should be an update this month, I hope.

CANCIT - are you still thinking of ordering notes ?

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Impresso said:
Usually they update every quarter - There should be an update this month, I hope.

CANCIT - are you still thinking of ordering notes ?

Yea I am thinking about it, how do I go about requesting those? Will it provide me with detailed information?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
1 You need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You need to pay the $5 fee

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.

HanJay

Jan 17, 2015
impresso - Cancit

even without a request you can do the remedical, then they gave me e-medical information sheet paper and told me to send it to ADVO, which i did.

just trying to be on the safe side b4 they make a request and delay me more ..

and yes i ordered the notes on feb 20th so im just waiting for them

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HanJay said:
impresso - Cancit

even without a request you can do the remedical, then they gave me e-medical information sheet paper and told me to send it to ADVO, which i did.

just trying to be on the safe side b4 they make a request and delay me more ..

and yes i ordered the notes on feb 20th so im just waiting for them
WOW - something new I learned today ! I believe you sent the remedica information as an attachment via Case Specific Inquiry ?
Did or Does your Ecas show any medical update status ?

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Impresso said:
WOW - something new I learned today ! I believe you sent the remedica information as an attachment via Case Specific Inquiry ?
Did or Does your Ecas show any medical update status ?
Just wondering has anyone tried for a visit visa to Canada? Is that even possible with the immigration going on in process? People are telling me it is possible but chances are it gets rejected. Any thoughts on this...

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
CANCIT said:
Just wondering has anyone tried for a visit visa to Canada? Is that even possible with the immigration going on in process? People are telling me it is possible but chances are it gets rejected. Any thoughts on this...
I was initially thinking to apply for my wife's visit visa while we are waiting for our application response, but did not apply since I am not able to prove her strong ties back home which is the most important part of visitor visa application. Yes! you can apply for visitor visa with the immigration application in process. Make sure you provide them with as much information you can from both sides and most importantly provide them with strong proof of your spouse leaving Canada before the visa expires. I don't think if visitor application gets rejected will have any impact on immigration file in process. Also, a detailed and meaningful cover letter/supporting document will definitely give you an advantage to get the visa approved.

Now that the application processing time is down to 13 months, I am hoping we will see some activity on our application.

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
mzm26 said:
I was initially thinking to apply for my wife's visit visa while we are waiting for our application response, but did not apply since I am not able to prove her strong ties back home which is the most important part of visitor visa application. Yes! you can apply for visitor visa with the immigration application in process. Make sure you provide them with as much information you can from both sides and most importantly provide them with strong proof of your spouse leaving Canada before the visa expires. I don't think if visitor application gets rejected will have any impact on immigration file in process. Also, a detailed and meaningful cover letter/supporting document will definitely give you an advantage to get the visa approved.

Now that the application processing time is down to 13 months, I am hoping we will see some activity on our application.

Thanks for the response.

I understand the idea that they want strong ties back to your home country, but I've always wondered wont the visa officer know that my wife also has an immigration in process and that regardless of how strong the ties are, that she will eventually go to Canada? what's the point of having ties when your going to break them anyways once you have immigration approval.

My wife has all family there and is working right now, but the only problem is that its a contract position so its not a strong tie going back. Maybe if it was permanent position, then yes. I don't know whether to wait it out or go ahead and apply and see what happens. As long as it doesn't effect the immigration process, the worst could happen is I lose the application fee..lol

The 13 months is a good sign, just hoping it starts to move now. InshaAllah soon!

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
CANCIT said:
Thanks for the response.

I understand the idea that they want strong ties back to your home country, but I've always wondered wont the visa officer know that my wife also has an immigration in process and that regardless of how strong the ties are, that she will eventually go to Canada? what's the point of having ties when your going to break them anyways once you have immigration approval.
Indeed the officer will know if the person has an immigration file in process but he doesnt know the outcome of that file. If the person is in Canada and for some reason their immigration file is rejected they can apply for humantarian or refugee. I guess thats the reason they want to see prove of strong ties back home.

HanJay

Jan 17, 2015
does anybody know what this means, i got a email dated March 10, 2015 from CIC basically saying this

"We are pleased to confirm receipt of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for your relative(s). The visa office has been notified that the applicable fees have now been paid."

I've paid RPRF on MAY 29, 2014. Same day they requested it. also got my AOR may 29

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
CANCIT said:
Hello CANCIT,
My experience with the tourist visa is as such. Application for PR was sent in January 2015. A few weeks ago, my wife applied for a tourist visa, unfortunetly it was rejected. Basically, the reason is ties in Canada/Kuwait. I submitted proof of income for both of us, her ties back home(all her family live there), my wife is working full time as well. I also stated that we are in the process of PR, and included a letter of invitation.

I believe it's up to the officer that reviews the application whether the Visa is granted or not(human factor). There are people that get it, others don't. Good luck. Let us know, how you make out.