Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
muhammad azaan said:
thanx fo tha info lonely ...... can u breif me a bit that how to order notes plz ?
sure follow these steps..

1 You need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You need to pay the $5 fee

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

In both cases, you need to reside in Canada to make an application. There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
13 March 2015 (ALHUMDULILAH)
lonely wife said:
sure follow these steps..

1 You need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You need to pay the $5 fee

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

In both cases, you need to reside in Canada to make an application. There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.

thanx alot lonely for this brief explaination I hve already saved tha steps in ma cell ..... but unluckily me n my wife we both r here in dubai rite nw so um surely gonna order notes once my wife will b gone back ....... thanx again

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hello all.
Our application is in its way to Mississauga, once it reaches there, would I receive an acknowledgment from their office? I realize I have a long wait a head of me, but would be comforting, to know the dates, steps, what to expect as things move along..

Thanks.

marioaziz86

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
riyadh-KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
AOR Received.
16-03-2014
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-11-2014
Hi
My question is for those friends who already went to Canada and goes through the interviews and inquiries by immigration officers, what they actually asked for please i need that info it will be easier for me.
thanks n best of luck for those who are still in line.

lonely wife

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
marioaziz86 said:
Hi
My question is for those friends who already went to Canada and goes through the interviews and inquiries by immigration officers, what they actually asked for please i need that info it will be easier for me.
thanks n best of luck for those who are still in line.
One of my friend arrived so d officer asked marriage cert copy, wife's full name, wiife's address in Canada. They wil also see ur wedding ring some times! That's all he was asked. Sometimes I've heard they only question u about wife's full name,dob, her home address or wherever u plan to live. That's all. One guy was asked years back abt. His weddin ring. That. Why are u not wearing it? So he replied it's in my wallet.lol
They wl also ask if u have any currency more than 10k $ with u now? If u hav any cargo coming in?..

lonely wife

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
haldashti said:
Hello all.
Our application is in its way to Mississauga, once it reaches there, would I receive an acknowledgment from their office? I realize I have a long wait a head of me, but would be comforting, to know the dates, steps, what to expect as things move along..

Thanks.
Ther won't be any acknowledgmt now. You. Will get a letter in 55-60 days. That letter will mention the next step on it that the file is now forwarded to abudhabi visa ofic..
Hav patience dear, 6 month to 1 year to go!

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
zbaby said:
Hi bonty, thanks a lot for the info. you senior guys really make our hopes high.
1) just wondering if i can apply for visit visa during the process of my application.
2) how it will impact my application? will they stop the process and will wait for my exit or it will be getting processed like a normal application? in this case do i really need to exit for getting my visa stamped?
3) i seek your advice, do you all senior members recommend to get visit visa or i should wait for the complete process for spousal sponsorship?
Hi,

1. You can apply for visit visa while your application is under process.
2. It wont impact your application. and does not need your exit stamp for next steps. as long as you do not breach allowed stay duration you are ok.
3. Visit visa for immigration applicant is not very easy, unless you show them very strong ties, like your employment, attending any school or college, other family ties etc. As the VO assumes that once you are issued visit visa you wont return back. you need to prove them otherwise.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
lonely wife said:
Ther won't be any acknowledgmt now. You. Will get a letter in 55-60 days. That letter will mention the next step on it that the file is now forwarded to abudhabi visa ofic..
Hav patience dear, 6 month to 1 year to go!
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Too bad.. I was hoping/thinking I would at least get an acknowledment with a case#.. to check the status on-line. From your experience, is it worth applying for a vistor's visa now, or wait and once approved(inshallah/hopefully)/Missis. then apply? Would it make any difference if my wife applies on-line, or if I go to Abu Dhabi personally? Would they event grant her a vistor's visa, now that we have applied for permanant residency? I know, lots of questions! Your experiences/feeback is appreciated.. Thanks in advance.

lonely wife

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
Impresso said:
Lonelywife and TulipFlower - Hope all is well, any word from ADVO ? Also Tammyboy and Heat9999 ?
hi impresso! no ive no news since dec 1 :(
are they even working???

did u receive any news or updates?

lonely wife

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
haldashti said:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Too bad.. I was hoping/thinking I would at least get an acknowledment with a case#.. to check the status on-line. From your experience, is it worth applying for a vistor's visa now, or wait and once approved(inshallah/hopefully)/Missis. then apply? Would it make any difference if my wife applies on-line, or if I go to Abu Dhabi personally? Would they event grant her a vistor's visa, now that we have applied for permanant residency? I know, lots of questions! Your experiences/feeback is appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
no worries! i would strongly recommend to apply in person at advo.
you can try for the visit visa if she can show strong ties to come back to uae such as school, college, employment, fee paid for
some course, family members in uae...
its hard to get a visit visa coz the p.r is in process.
i will suggest to wait when she gets a file number for p.r visa . bcz u have to mention the p r file #...... this this is also in process at ur visa office.
you will get file # in 60 days then additional docs IF REQUIRED by them in another 2 months more.
according to me my file is checked every 2 months.. so expect a response every 60 days or max 90 days..

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
lonely wife said:
hi impresso! no ive no news since dec 1 :(
are they even working???

did u receive any news or updates?
No news - I can't confirm if they are working .. Honestly getting to a point of frustration, esp with a little baby. Dont know if there is a point going to the embassy in Abu Dhabi and trying to speak to someone.

lonely wife

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
Impresso said:
No news - I can't confirm if they are working .. Honestly getting to a point of frustration, esp with a little baby. Dont know if there is a point going to the embassy in Abu Dhabi and trying to speak to someone.
Oh no that's so bad n also uve a little baby, seriously it's a slow process for male applicants I think. They take longer backgrndd checks!!!
I wudnt suggest u go to d embassy, they don't meet ppl for p.r fam class. They wl aask u to email I guess. But u can try..
I Realy hope they send anybody som correspondence so atleast v knnw they are! Working.
Plz I suggest u order notes! Asap!

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
lonely wife said:
Oh no that's so bad n also uve a little baby, seriously it's a slow process for male applicants I think. They take longer backgrndd checks!!!
I wudnt suggest u go to d embassy, they don't meet ppl for p.r fam class. They wl aask u to email I guess. But u can try..
I Realy hope they send anybody som correspondence so atleast v knnw they are! Working.
Plz I suggest u order notes! Asap!
Actually I am the sponsor and my wife is the Applicant - I do see your point about the background check and it could very well depend on the applicants nationality. I shall order the notes by this week.

I believe you are all clear on your security check and medicals right ? or still pending ?