02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Hi,
Check the below link for avg times after submitting additional docs. I had got an additional doc request in Jan 2014, then again 2nd time in July and got PPR on 3rd Nov 2014.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmTrRjKDvHemdDFBNldiNVBUY2I3OHhuOWlKTFNDOHc&usp=sharing&userstoinvite=vmjm1129#gid=0

Smileforu said:
Received CIC letter for additional documents. Does anyone know how long process usually takes, as I applied in June and received letter in November.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Hi Shaikhy,

I was born in Dubai and was on my dads visa until I started working and after that on a company visa. Never went on my husbands visa. But I am sure she can continue to be on her dads visa especially as you are not in the same country. Infact I was going to cancel my companys visa and go on my dads visa when my application was in process. I never did it in the end but when I checked many blogs and forums I found out that there was no problem to do that. I would have to just let CIC and ADVO know of the visa change, thats it.

So I guess its safe.

Which authorities are you talking about in UAE about letting them know that you got married? You dont have to let anyone know of that. You just get the marriage certificate attested through a lawyer thats it for the PR visa application

shaikhy said:
Hey,

Thanks for your quick response. So Dubai authorities wouldn't revoke her residency when we have to get the Pakistani marriage certificate attested by a notary in Dubai? Getting the certificate attested is not the same thing as letting the authorities know of the marital status change...I'm still confused..were you also under your father's residency visa and then got married? How is that possible if the condition is to be single to be under father's residency?

Thanks again for your help :)

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JenPin said:
U know the anxiety never ends till its all done. I keep going back to my emails to confirm that I did get the PPR and didnt dream about it! :-[
Don't worry it will come on time Inshallah... ;) God has better plan for everyone....

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
shaikhy said:
Hey,

Thanks for your quick response. So Dubai authorities wouldn't revoke her residency when we have to get the Pakistani marriage certificate attested by a notary in Dubai? Getting the certificate attested is not the same thing as letting the authorities know of the marital status change...I'm still confused..were you also under your father's residency visa and then got married? How is that possible if the condition is to be single to be under father's residency?

Thanks again for your help :)
Hi,

I am currently under parents sponsorship in Dubai and got married in Dubai in 2011. I never changed my UAE residency status to my husband's visa as my PR husband would need to live in Canada and apply for my sponsorship from there. I didnt have any problem translating, notarising and attesting our marriage certificate in UAE. Before my husband left for Canada he renewed his Indian passport in Dubai and added my name as spouse. Just before sending our application to CIC, I added his name as spouse in my PP just to show that the Indian authorities consider our marriage as genuine. I didnt apply for a new PP as mine doesnt expire until 2016, just asked for his name to added in.

If your wife conceives when on parents sponsorship then maybe the situation can be different, not sure though.

shaikhy

Oct 29, 2011
Hi anxiouswife,

Ah ok, your situation is different then since you were a resident based on employment in the U.A.E at the time of your sponsorship application. They wouldn't of have let you be on your dad's visa after since the condition for that is the daughter needs to be not married if to be under father's residency visa.

Thanks very much for your prompt help. I still need to figure out if her residency will be taken away since the condition to be under father's visa would be no longer valid after marriage :(

anxiouswife said:
Hi Shaikhy,

I was born in Dubai and was on my dads visa until I started working and after that on a company visa. Never went on my husbands visa. But I am sure she can continue to be on her dads visa especially as you are not in the same country. Infact I was going to cancel my companys visa and go on my dads visa when my application was in process. I never did it in the end but when I checked many blogs and forums I found out that there was no problem to do that. I would have to just let CIC and ADVO know of the visa change, thats it.

So I guess its safe.

Which authorities are you talking about in UAE about letting them know that you got married? You dont have to let anyone know of that. You just get the marriage certificate attested through a lawyer thats it for the PR visa application

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
13 March 2015 (ALHUMDULILAH)
I got married in pakistan too but I jst registered my marrige certificate from pakistan foreign affairs office that's it ....... but I didn't got it attested from here in u.a.e ..... is it a problem ? Though my cas3 is at the last step of ppr nw ! Do u think it may get rejected ? Cz no1 told me to get it attested from u.a.e nt even ma laywer ....... I am on my parents visa as well plz um really stressed hearing thz nw do gve suggestions plz ..... cheers

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
I just arranged 3 forms of my nikah ........ 1st was tha pakistani urdu marrige certificate .....2nd was translated in english from pakistani nadra office and then I got it attested from foreign affairs pakistan ...... 3rd was also translated in english but a bit different and stamp frm there office I waz told from pakistani foreign affairs office that tha 3rd nikah nama is for dubai ....... u may send 3 of them for tha case ...... really tensed nw if any1 could gve any suggestions on thz ? Would b really appriciating ! Thanx

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
muhammad azaan said:
I just arranged 3 forms of my nikah ........ 1st was tha pakistani urdu marrige certificate .....2nd was translated in english from pakistani nadra office and then I got it attested from foreign affairs pakistan ...... 3rd was also translated in english but a bit different and stamp frm there office I waz told from pakistani foreign affairs office that tha 3rd nikah nama is for dubai ....... u may send 3 of them for tha case ...... really tensed nw if any1 could gve any suggestions on thz ? Would b really appriciating ! Thanx
don't be panic, if you already received PPR or about to receive PPR means all your documents are complete. if you have provided a marriage certificate English copy attested by a notary or any govt authority then you are good. your application will be finalized soon, good luck

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
shaikhy said:
Hello/Salam,

I had a few basic questions that I am really confused and concerned about, hoping someone has gone through the same and can help out.

I am a Canadian PR (Pakistani National), living in Canada for the past 10 years and my Canadian Citizenship application is currently under process. I plan to marry a Pakistani national residing in Dubai U.A.E (under her father's U.A.E residency visa). The condition for her to be a U.A.E resident under her father's residency visa is that she needs to be single. We plan to get married in Pakistan next year. Questions:

1. When we get married in Pakistan, do we need to let the appropriate U.A.E authorities know of the marriage? I'm guessing yes. If so then wouldn't her residency be taken away from her now that she is married since the condition for her residency has changed and she can no longer be a resident under her father's residency visa?

2. If the above is true then would she need to apply for U.A.E residency by herself, say by securing a job, so she can continue to stay with her family in the U.A.E?

2. After marriage, is it mandatory for her to update her surname and or marital status on all possible documents before we can apply for her Canadian Sponsorship?

3. The VO for my case would be Abu Dhabi?

Any help is greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best with your applications.
We were in the same situation in UAE, our sponsorship application finalize and spouse landed already, kindly see response to all your queries.

1. you do not need to let any authority know about you wife's marital status change. She can continue to keep visa under her father sponsorship. However, single expectant female must provide proof of marriage, as long as pregnancy is not involved, no issues.

2. she can either stay on father visa or obtain her own through work permit etc. but again second part of item 1 above is very important.

3. It is not required to change family name for the wife. you may consider replacing father name to husband name in her passport. even though it was changed in my wife's passport but UAE immigration kept issuing her residence visa with her full name plus father's name on residence visa.

4. you can either choose VO designated for the country of citizenship of the applicant or where applicant has resided legally for a period of minimum 1 year.

Hope this helps

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
JenPin said:
Has anyone received their Passports back from ADVO? May I request everyone to update on the forum once they get their passport back with the PR visa.

Thanks!
We picked our passport in person on the 11th working day. as our visa was stamped only on 10th working day and we had to fly in next 2 days, we emailed ADVO and they told us that aramex might take longer than 2 days and they allowed us to pick in person.
As you might recall that "march2014apply" received call from Aramex for passport delivery, they dint receive any email from ADVO informing dispatch of passport.

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
bonty said:
don't be panic, if you already received PPR or about to receive PPR means all your documents are complete. if you have provided a marriage certificate English copy attested by a notary or any govt authority then you are good. your application will be finalized soon, good luck
I submitted my case in january 2014 I got ADR in may and submitted it at tha end of june till nw no response from ADVO but befor 1 week on 30 november my ecas changed to in process from application recived ...... I haven't got any kind of attesting or stamping on my marrige certificates from u.a.e I juz got everything done on my my marrige certificates from pakistan foreign affairs that's it ........ but I already got ADR before 5 months now ...... I was just wondering if there was anythng wrong in tha papers they wouldn't hve sent me tha ADR just wondering ......... will b really grateful if any1 could answer thz ...... thanx bonty

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
muhammad azaan said:
I submitted my case in january 2014 I got ADR in may and submitted it at tha end of june till nw no response from ADVO but befor 1 week on 30 november my ecas changed to in process from application recived ...... I haven't got any kind of attesting or stamping on my marrige certificates from u.a.e I juz got everything done on my my marrige certificates from pakistan foreign affairs that's it ........ but I already got ADR before 5 months now ...... I was just wondering if there was anythng wrong in tha papers they wouldn't hve sent me tha ADR just wondering ......... will b really grateful if any1 could answer thz ...... thanx bonty
If there was something wrong with your attestation you would get queries with your ADR. In Process is an indication that everything is good you should hopefully receive PPR in 2 to 3 weeks.

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
bonty said:
If there was something wrong with your attestation you would get queries with your ADR. In Process is an indication that everything is good you should hopefully receive PPR in 2 to 3 weeks.
firstly dude bunches of wishes from my side for ur landing to canada and happy for u to unite ur loved ones I just noticed it out right away ...... and secondly trust me u gave me a very big releaf thanx alot stay blessed gud luck for ur future ..... thanx once again and do pray remember us in ur prayers

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
muhammad azaan said:
I got married in pakistan too but I jst registered my marrige certificate from pakistan foreign affairs office that's it ....... but I didn't got it attested from here in u.a.e ..... is it a problem ? Though my cas3 is at the last step of ppr nw ! Do u think it may get rejected ? Cz no1 told me to get it attested from u.a.e nt even ma laywer ....... I am on my parents visa as well plz um really stressed hearing thz nw do gve suggestions plz ..... cheers
Dont panic, if they needed any additional thing they would've asked it when they sent you the ADR.

I am sure you are almost there! You got In Process so its just a matter of time and you will get the PPR too! :)

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
bonty said:
We picked our passport in person on the 11th working day. as our visa was stamped only on 10th working day and we had to fly in next 2 days, we emailed ADVO and they told us that aramex might take longer than 2 days and they allowed us to pick in person.
As you might recall that "march2014apply" received call from Aramex for passport delivery, they dint receive any email from ADVO informing dispatch of passport.
Thanks Bonty, just that I am tracking the return AWB online and it doesnt show any update so I am worried.