Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabmabs said:
Dear colleagues. This is my first post on this thread.... NEED YOUR HELP !!!

My friend and his wife are permanent residents of Canada. They had a baby birth outside Canada. Now they need to sponsor baby. My friend (husband) is going back to Canada in a month or so, and keen to bring his child in Canada.. Preparing for forms and documents . HUSBAND-WIFE Both are Canadian PR holders. Baby is 7 months old as of now.
Queries :-
1) Who has to fill the form of IM0008 (Generic application form).. the husband itself or it is child who is principal applicant to enter his/her name ? (child or father ? )
2) Immigration office requested for processing application :- London visa office or Islamabad visa office ?
3) Can he apply immediately after going back to Canada or he need to have a job/employment ? Baring in mind, it is not spouse sponsorship but 7 month old child sponsorship ?
4) Confusion over sponsorship evaluation form question No 4,5,6,7... never sponsored before, wife is already PR Holder via (FSW-Not sponsorship).
5) Do you advise to submit medical examination along with application ?
6) What is the fees ? 75 + 150 = 225 CAD ?
7) What are the processing times and chances. no employment as yet, recently landed, but Parents are PR holders and child is 7 months old, no PCC/BV/SC checks would be required...

Thank you ... Awaiting reply from any Allah Ka bunda who can reply to these queries..
Hello Mabmabs,

Firstly congratulations on the new Baby. I m not very experienced in these sort of cases, esp one involved having a baby outside Canada for PR holders. The case is a little different if one of the parent is a Canadian Citizen, then the child automatically gets a Canadian Citizenship. Also this might be the wrong thread to post the question, but I will do my best to answer them

1) IM0008 is part of a immigration form which is to be filled by a spouse or dependent child ( type 1 Dependent Children)
2) This should be the resident of the child - If the child is in Islamabad then Islamabad, but I understand all Economic and Family Immigration is forwarded to London ( You should double check this )
3) In order for a parent to be approved for sponsorship , they need to show some sort of income to support the sponsored person.
4) This is where you need to fill how many people you have or if you have previously sponsored before ( refer to the application guide)
5) Medical examination is one of the requirement for sponsorship ( I believe it would be best to hand it in first )
6) Not sure what the total fees is, including the gov fees
7) My Strong advise would be to consult some senior members starting your own thread

This link will def help you with more information in filling the application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

All The Best and do let us know how things go .

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
sjamshed said:
Hello Friends,

I am new to this Forum, would be needing help from all of u already in queue. Few questions I have, if any one would be kind enough to guide me.

1.) I am going to apply for my husband's sponsorship soon.If I travel after a week I applied and wont be in Canada for the next three months, would that be an issue?? I am a Permanent Resident.

2.) I am not working. Is it necessary that the wife has to be working??
Hello sjamshed

Firstly welcome to the forum and all the best to you - Please find the answers below
1) Would strongly suggest for you to wait for your SA before you decide to travel
2) CIC needs to see some sort of income, in order to validate that the sponsor can support the applicant.

Do let us know if you have any questions.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Been a while since anyone posted here - How are things going ? Any updates ? I am still patiently waiting for an AOR or ADR from ADVO ::)

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Impresso said:
Been a while since anyone posted here - How are things going ? Any updates ? I am still patiently waiting for an AOR or ADR from ADVO ::)
Same here, haven't heard anything from them and starting to consider asking for notes on the application.

Is this the correct link for that? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp. Can it only be submitted by my wife [who is a my sponsor] and does it matter in any way that the application may have made it to ADVO?

Also, do traffic violations (like breaking a signal) have any impact on the application? Does it need to be reported to CIC?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
wo403 said:
Same here, haven't heard anything from them and starting to consider asking for notes on the application.

Is this the correct link for that? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp. Can it only be submitted by my wife [who is a my sponsor] and does it matter in any way that the application may have made it to ADVO?

Also, do traffic violations (like breaking a signal) have any impact on the application? Does it need to be reported to CIC?
I am in the same boat, but i would give them 60-90 days from the date of SA, because that is the average time line for AOR2 and ADR from ADVO (90 days is exaggerating but still)

Believe that is the correct link, one of the members here recently got there notes - perhaps he/she can clarify further.

Oh My !! You have traffic Violations ?? That would seriously impact the application and will delay the file further !! :eek:

Joking - traffic violations have nothing to do with CIC 8)

sjamshed

May 4, 2014
Thank you All, for the swift reply will take in notice everything that you all advised.Hope and wish everything happens smoothly Inn shaa Allah for all of us. Ameen

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
wo403 said:

Hi W0403,

That's the right link. You can either request the notes online or mail in the request for notes. The notes can only be requested by a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual currently present in Canada and yes your wife can order the notes and you will need to sign off on the Consent for ATIP Request. Your application should ideally be in Abu Dhabi by now as the file gets transferred after receiving the SA.

We are all waiting for updates from ADVO. I just hope we get the good news soon!!! :-[ :'( ??? ::) :eek: :(

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
hey i have some queries regarding the additional documents request.

3. Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

my sponsor is a canadian citizen hence eligible to apply from outside..so what should we reply in this question??

And also it will be great if anyone can give input on how can we show intent to return to canada?
i know the usual stuff is letter from relatives. job offers..job searches.. bank accounts..taxes.anything else??

and can we send all these things by email of scanned copies (Even the forms) or do we have to courier them?

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Impresso said:
Oh My !! You have traffic Violations ?? That would seriously impact the application and will delay the file further !! :eek:

Joking - traffic violations have nothing to do with CIC 8)
Haha! You damn near gave me a heart attack!

JenPin said:
Hi W0403,

Your application should ideally be in Abu Dhabi by now as the file gets transferred after receiving the SA.

We are all waiting for updates from ADVO. I just hope we get the good news soon!!! :-[ :'( ??? ::) :eek: :(
Thank you for your input, JenPin ... ideally, yes it should be in ADVO by now, but God-forbid they give us an update without us nagging at them lol

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ZZW said:
hey i have some queries regarding the additional documents request.

3. Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

my sponsor is a canadian citizen hence eligible to apply from outside..so what should we reply in this question??

And also it will be great if anyone can give input on how can we show intent to return to canada?
i know the usual stuff is letter from relatives. job offers..job searches.. bank accounts..taxes.anything else??

and can we send all these things by email of scanned copies (Even the forms) or do we have to courier them?
It will clearly state in their email to you that you cannot send the documents by any other method other than regular mail or courier. In your case, since your sponsor is a Canadian Citizen, you will need to prove that you and your sponsor will move to Canada as soon as you get the PR visa. At least that is what a friend of mine did who was in the same situation as you.
Thanks

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
anxiouswife said:
It will clearly state in their email to you that you cannot send the documents by any other method other than regular mail or courier. In your case, since your sponsor is a Canadian Citizen, you will need to prove that you and your sponsor will move to Canada as soon as you get the PR visa. At least that is what a friend of mine did who was in the same situation as you.
Thanks
Thank u for ur reply but thats what I am asking that how to show the intent? As in what did ur friend do to show his intention to move back....plus its mentioned in the email that I can reply back by courier, mail or email anyway I want to and they gave the respective addresses... plus can u guide me as what to reply to this point *3* I mentioned cux my sponsor is a Canadian but residing outside canada

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ZZW said:
Thank u for ur reply but thats what I am asking that how to show the intent? As in what did ur friend do to show his intention to move back....plus its mentioned in the email that I can reply back by courier, mail or email anyway I want to and they gave the respective addresses... plus can u guide me as what to reply to this point *3* I mentioned cux my sponsor is a Canadian but residing outside canada
My friend had a house in Canada and his parents lived there too. So I guess it was easier for them to show their intent of moving back. He provided the usual - tenancy contract, exchange of emails between him and the recruitment agencies, exchange of emails with a nursery where they were looking to admit their child etc.

I am sure there is another group on this forum which has people in the same situation as you. It would be best you join those for more information. This discussion is mostly for those whose sponsors are Permanent Residents and already living in Canada.

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
ZZW said:
Hey, I too am sponsoring my husband while living with him (outside Canada). Honestly, all you can really do is just write to them your plan and intentions of moving back.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ASBA said:
Hey, I too am sponsoring my husband while living with him (outside Canada). Honestly, all you can really do is just write to them your plan and intentions of moving back.
But are you a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident?