+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sarim said:
did ADVO ask you to cancel you gulf residency?

what they ask what PPR???
I am the sponsor, I live here in Canada, and my wife lives in Qatar under her parent's sponsorship. They didn't ask her to cancel her gulf visa. They just asked for the passport and 2 photos

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
maverick27 said:
Hi Guys,

My status was updated to Decision Made today. We did it through lawyer so wanted to know who will get the PPR, is it the lawyer or myself or my wife (who is the sponsor)?

I pray whoever's application is in process to get their respective DM and PPRs soon :)

Thanks!
the email where previous correspondence received, will receive this email too. wish u good luck and welcome to canada

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I am sure i reading it right from the CIC website but still wanted to clarify. Does a sponsored person need to reside in Abu Dhabi for at least one year by the time the application is submitted in order it to be processed in Abu Dhabi as opposed to processed in his home country?
Situation: I am a canadian citizen and working in Abu Dhabi. My husband has residency here in Abu Dhabi under my sponsorship. But he hasn't been here for a year yet. Can we apply to this office or does he need to apply in his country of citizenship?

Also, does Abu Dhabi office often invite for an interview?

Thank you,
Sibnadian.

aamai

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
any updating news
:mad: ah can't wait anymore
In process for almost amount what a long wait ahhh tired of that should i just wait or is there a way to contact them please let me know

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
sibnadian said:
Hello guys,

I am sure i reading it right from the CIC website but still wanted to clarify. Does a sponsored person need to reside in Abu Dhabi for at least one year by the time the application is submitted in order it to be processed in Abu Dhabi as opposed to processed in his home country?
Situation: I am a canadian citizen and working in Abu Dhabi. My husband has residency here in Abu Dhabi under my sponsorship. But he hasn't been here for a year yet. Can we apply to this office or does he need to apply in his country of citizenship?

Also, does Abu Dhabi office often invite for an interview?

Thank you,
Sibnadian.
First..when you apply both the sponsor and the applicant submit their application at the same time...in one package. This must go to CIC Mississauga. Once sponsorship is approved, CIC then decides where the applicant package is sent to. You can always request via a letter or note that is included in your package that it be sent to Abu Dhabi. However, if the applicant has not lived in the UAE for very long they may end up sending it to the office assigned according to the applicant citizenship. In our case, our package was sent to Amman but then about a month later it was transfered to Abu Dhabi. I don't know if the request (two copies...one at the top of the package and one with the applicant portion) made a difference. My husband has also been living and working in the UAE for 8 years. It also has to do with the background and security checks that are done...and wherever CIC thinks it's easier to do this out of perhaps.

Hopefully this helps.

C.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, chilkootcee.
For us it might be better to avoid Abu Dhabi. Looks like cases are dragged over one year here.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
aamai said:
any updating news
In process for almost amount what a long wait ahhh tired of that should i just wait or is there a way to contact them please let me know
I sent them an email last week with my wife medical papers and they replied today saying that our application in in queue waiting for review by an officer.
I dont know why they changed the status to in process when they really didn't start working on it

AAF

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
Doc's Request.
12-10-2105
Passport Req..
12-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2015
I just got my passport and documents back from Abu Dhabi Visa Office.
I submitted my passport, 2 photos and UAE police certificate on October 13 at the VFS office in Dubai (Wafi).
I would like to inform all of you that the visa office accepts the police e-certificate.
I would like to thank all of you on this forum for sharing your info. Good luck to all...hope all of you receive your visas soon :)

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamai said:
any updating news
Did you order Caips notes?

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAF said:
I just got my passport and documents back from Abu Dhabi Visa Office.
I submitted my passport, 2 photos and UAE police certificate on October 13 at the VFS office in Dubai (Wafi).
I would like to inform all of you that the visa office accepts the police e-certificate.
I would like to thank all of you on this forum for sharing your info. Good luck to all...hope all of you receive your visas soon :)

Congratulations... Well come to Canada :)

aamai

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
mohammedessam said:
I sent them an email last week with my wife medical papers and they replied today saying that our application in in queue waiting for review by an officer.
I dont know why they changed the status to in process when they really didn't start working on it
using which email did u contact them with. I want to contact them as well please forward it to me.
ah it is a long wait cannot wait more

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
aamai said:
using which email did u contact them with. I want to contact them as well please forward it to me.
ah it is a long wait cannot wait more
I used the case spesific enquiry at their website
They dont accept direct emails so you'll have to use the case spesific enquiry

sumaira19

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I applied for my husbands sponsorship in July and got the approval in September and it says that the file has been transferred to LVO whereas he is in UAE. And the London visa office timeline is currently 28 months whereas the UAE timeline is 13 months. What should I do? Should I contact MP and request him to transfer my file to UAE visa office. Thank you in advance. Please give me suggestions.