App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-09-2014
Med's Done....
09-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
After long wait of 25 days my wife got her passport with visa back today :) Alhumdullah. It was told by the embassy that due to busy summer season it took longer than 10 days. Me and wife both keep praying for all the members of this forum and all applicants to get their visas soon.
This visa process has taught a lesson of 'patience' and ultimate 'faith' in Allah. I will be glad to help the members with our experience.
Allah bless us all :)

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
i2canada said:
After long wait of 25 days my wife got her passport with visa back today :) Alhumdullah. It was told by the embassy that due to busy summer season it took longer than 10 days. Me and wife both keep praying for all the members of this forum and all applicants to get their visas soon.
This visa process has taught a lesson of 'patience' and ultimate 'faith' in Allah. I will be glad to help the members with our experience.
Mabrook i2canada - that is excellent news. Indeed this whole process teaches us to be patient and have faith.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i2canada said:
Congrats dude !

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I appreciate if you have answers to these inquiries:

yr97 said:
A couple of questions for my fellow applicants to ADVO:

1- Once the file is transferred to ADVO, how long does it take them to start working on it? Do they normally send AOR2(without additional document requests) ?
2- Does eCase change to "in process" under the "Permanent Residence Application Status" section ?
3- Is the communication with the ADVO usually done via mail or email ?

Q8wanderlust

Feb 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi under live in caregiver program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2013
Doc's Request.
May2014
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30, 2015
LANDED..........
By September 2015 goal
Impresso said:
Thank you Q8wanderlust - please find the instructions below ( Keep in mind that notes take about 4-6 weeks to arrive )

Check the following thread for more information:
www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-can-i-order-gscmcaips-notes-t107225.0.html

1 You will need to send the consent form imm 5744 duly signed by sponsor n applicant
2 You will need to pay the $5 fee

If you need gcms notes belonging to someone else AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
(note, even if you want the notes for your spouse/parents etc, you should use the above link. It is not necessary for the person to live in Canada. But the person applying for gcms notes - in this case, you - must reside in Canada)

If you need gcms notes belonging to you AND you reside in Canada - use this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

There are 2 versions of information you can request (a) Electronic File and (b) Physical File. In most cases, the electronic version should meet your requirements. Asking for electronic version does not affect your processing times. Whereas, asking for a physical file, would mean that Ottawa would have to ask for the actual file to be sent to them and hence this would delay the processing time of your application.
thank you sooo much Impresso ☺

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
i2canada said:
Mabrook i2canada, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

mabbasi

May 31, 2007
So finally, we have a good news. My lawyer informed us they have received an email from ADVO that visa is ready. Allahmdollilah.
Here is my time line.

Application received by CIC : 20th Nov 2014
Upfront Medical Done : 14th Sept 2014
AOR received : 15th Feb 2015
Application Transferred to ADVO : 24th Feb 2015
Medical has been Revived : 15th May 2015
Status changed to in progress : 25th May 2015
Passport Request (PPR) : 1st June 2015

Total time : Six months and 11 days (191 days)
I sponsor is living in Canada
Wife is living in UAE
Pakistani National
Applied through a Lawyer

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
mabbasi said:
So finally, we have a good news. My lawyer informed us they have received an email from ADVO that visa is ready. Allahmdollilah.
Here is my time line.

Wife is living in UAE
Pakistani National
Applied through a Lawyer

maaa shaaa Alaah
Congrats mabbasi
very nice timeline, I've applied 20 days after you, they did not contact me at all since the SA.
This lifted my spirit :)

aamai

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello aamai - Welcome to the forum.

There are a few things you can do - make sure you are able to login to the online ECAS system with your File Number from your sponsorship approval. Then see for any updates there ( i wouldn't worry too much about the updates as it is not reliable all the time)

Second you may email abu-dhabi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca , which is the general mailbox and I wouldn't expect them to reply to anyone. You can also try case specific enquiry in this url https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi&_ga=1.150392447.872472400.1400516085

One thing to note is that from the date of your Sponsorship Approval it may take upto 3 months for Abu Dhabi to get back to you incase they need anything. If they don't need anything they wont bother.

I would also encourage you to order GCMS Notes if you are very anxious about your file - but just hang in there and everything will be done with soon.
Hello impresso,
Thanks for replying back to my comment. I am actually checking ECAS but no change at all since two months after I saw desicion made under sponsor and that was it.

For the mailbox I already emailed them but no reply at all which make me worry

What is GCMS note and how it will serve me in such a situation like that?
Thanks

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
mabbasi said:
Here is my time line.

Wife is living in UAE
Pakistani National
Applied through a Lawyer
Congratulations:) MashaAllah tht was quick :)
Did make nicop for ur wife?

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
mabbasi said:
Here is my time line.

Wife is living in UAE
Pakistani National
Applied through a Lawyer
Congrats. That's wonderful. Thanks for sharing

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
hello all

My wife is a pakistani national but dubai resident. Do i need to make her nicop or her nic will be enough? Is it necessary to make the nicop?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
yr97 said:
A couple of questions for my fellow applicants to ADVO:

1- Once the file is transferred to ADVO, how long does it take them to start working on it? Do they normally send AOR2(without additional document requests) ?
2- Does eCase change to "in process" under the "Permanent Residence Application Status" section ?
3- Is the communication with the ADVO usually done via mail or email ?
1 - The time is unknown as we are not sure when they receive the file and when do they officially open it. In most cases they do not send AOR2 unless they require additional docs
2 - In some cases it does change, when they actually start working on Security/Background Clearance
3 - Depends on the correspondence you pick in the form, but mostly email but they do not entertain replying back.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mabbasi said:
Here is my time line.

Wife is living in UAE
Pakistani National
Applied through a Lawyer
Mabrook mabbasi - hope the rest of the applications are also taken care in a swift manner.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
aamai said:
Hello impresso,
Thanks for replying back to my comment. I am actually checking ECAS but no change at all since two months after I saw desicion made under sponsor and that was it.

For the mailbox I already emailed them but no reply at all which make me worry

What is GCMS note and how it will serve me in such a situation like that?
Thanks
Hello aamai, ECAS is not always updated in a timely manner and shouldn't be relied upon heavily. ADVO may most likley not reply to you email as long as it is within the processing time. GCMS notes are immigration officer case notes, it gives you insight on what is going on with your file and what stage is it sitting on. I just posted a few thread back about how to order one if you are interested.