23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
ASBA said:
Hey, yeah you cancel from the MOI website and send the printout to ADVO with your passport and stuff they asked for. Yes its possible to change that once you get your visa back. You don't want to go yet I'm assuming? I'm not even sure if that wouldn't cause any problems, as it was our only condition too. I mean could they find out? Maybe someone can help with this as we just cancelled and I am going back.
Yea please we need some help on that...actually saudi exit is different from UAE exit...
Well yea ASBA i dont want to leave my wife there all by her own like i know it would be difficult for her as i plan to move in a years time..i have to figure out few things...inviting her on visit visa doesnt sounds sane to me so yea i am a bit confused..im happy that we are done with this process but still need some time to hunt job there and all....
Did u get ur passports back?

heat9999

Oct 26, 2014
First and foremost I'd like to congratulate everybody that got their status changed. Also the few lucky people that got their passport request congratulations. I'm sorry but I've been extremely busy with work the past few weeks. I was able to checked the website today to see if my status has been changed as well. Lucky enough to my surprise I notice that it's said "We started processing application on October 29, 2014". Now what I'm wondering is that good news or bad news. I noticed that a few people on the time sheet got their passport request without being changed to "processing".

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
ZZW said:
Yea please we need some help on that...actually saudi exit is different from UAE exit...
Well yea ASBA i dont want to leave my wife there all by her own like i know it would be difficult for her as i plan to move in a years time..i have to figure out few things...inviting her on visit visa doesnt sounds sane to me so yea i am a bit confused..im happy that we are done with this process but still need some time to hunt job there and all....
Did u get ur passports back?
I know what you mean, it is difficult just going like that without any job whatsoever, and it requires some thinking. However, I am not too sure what would happen or how they could find out that your spouse has not gone back. I mean I don't know how it would effect the PR because for an outland sponsorship this is a must point, that the sponsor must go back. I wish you all the very best. No we did not get his passport back and there isn't much time left. He has to travel first week of december and I am leaving next week! I don't want to go thinking if he will get his passport or no. I mean it has been a while now.

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Guys I was going crazy thinking about my hubbys passport I called Aramex and they said when the embassy sends the passport a tracking number will be sent to our phone. :( this means the embassy still has not sent it. I am going crazy wondering what their problem is, he has to travel first week of december. :( :( :mad:

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ASBA said:
Guys I was going crazy thinking about my hubbys passport I called Aramex and they said when the embassy sends the passport a tracking number will be sent to our phone. :( this means the embassy still has not sent it. I am going crazy wondering what their problem is, he has to travel first week of december. :( :( :mad:
Strange that Aramex operates differently in different countries.
I went to Aramex Kuwait today and submitted my Passport for shipment to ADVO and they made two waybills and gave me the number for return consignment too. They, however did not charged for the return courier and said would advise upon return of the passport from Canadian Embassy in the UAE.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
ASBA said:
That was not the case for me, ADVO didn't send me any tracking number on my or my wife's number. The only tracking number that I received was today after I got a call from Aramex telling me that they had a package for me.

I don't know if calling ADVO will help, but in this case, what's the harm in trying?

Praying that everything comes through for you soon.

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
wo403 said:
That was not the case for me, ADVO didn't send me any tracking number on my or my wife's number. The only tracking number that I received was today after I got a call from Aramex telling me that they had a package for me.

I don't know if calling ADVO will help, but in this case, what's the harm in trying?

Praying that everything comes through for you soon.
Omg I honestly hope they call us tomorrow and say that! I'm going crazy thinking they didn't even send it out yet. Thanks guys!!

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
AMJ said:
Strange that Aramex operates differently in different countries.
I went to Aramex Kuwait today and submitted my Passport for shipment to ADVO and they made two waybills and gave me the number for return consignment too. They, however did not charged for the return courier and said would advise upon return of the passport from Canadian Embassy in the UAE.
Aramex is honestly very random just like ADVO lol.

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
ASBA said:
This is Crazy. They should not take longer than the mentioned 10 working days time. People quit their jobs, Cancel their visas, make temporary arrangement for accommodation and still live in an uncertain condition if they are really going to get visa or not. too frustrating.

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
ASBA said:
Dont worry inshallah you will get it on time. when did they receive your passport according to courier?...and how long do you have in KSA after cancellation of visa?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have a question - Is Visa Cancelation required for all GCC countries ? Particularly for someone in UAE , under father's sponsorship. Do they still have to proved proof of cancellation or can they just exit the country and let the visa cancel/expire on its own. ?

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
Impresso said:
I have a question - Is Visa Cancelation required for all GCC countries ? Particularly for someone in UAE , under father's sponsorship. Do they still have to proved proof of cancellation or can they just exit the country and let the visa cancel/expire on its own. ?
in our case they asked for the sponor's visa cancellation not the applicant's. letting visa expire on its own is not a good idea if you intent to return to UAE at any point of time. Further it may create problems for the Sponor of your UAE visa in the future.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Impresso said:
I agree with bonty, if the intent is to leave for good, best do it formally.

I know for Saudi, when fathers renew their iqama, they have to send iqamas for all family members under his sponsorship for them to be renewed. It is a complicated scenario if one member is not in country.

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
bonty said:
This is Crazy. They should not take longer than the mentioned 10 working days time. People quit their jobs, Cancel their visas, make temporary arrangement for accommodation and still live in an uncertain condition if they are really going to get visa or not. too frustrating.
Honestly guys its crazy. I am leaving next week for good IA hubby has less than a month left for entry. I (sponsor) was asked to cancel not him. But im vouching for tomorrow iA.