+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse returning to the US with H4 Visa after CANADA PR Soft landing

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
MY SPOUSE IS THE ONLY CANADA PR APPLICANT WITH VALID USA H4 VISA STAMPED FO 2.5 YEARS.

Folks- I heard few people had hard time entering the US after doing their soft landing on H4 Visa
(She is the only PR applicant)

My Question:
1. My wife applied for Canada PR and got her COPR a few weeks back. It is expiring April 2021. Her plan does soft landing in Vancouver and return to the US in a few days. Our friend will mail the PR card to our US Address.

But DO YOU THINK SHE WILL HAVE ANY ISSUES AT THE USA HOMELAND SECURITY ON HER RETURN TO USA?

2. I heard few people had issues while returning to the US on Valid H4 visa. Officer asked them about why returning to the US while having Canada PR.

3. Officer also mentioned, " H4 visa is for dependent/spouse to stay with Primary H1-b holder but now you have Canada PR".

4. Any similar situations faced by anyone? Please help.

5. What should my spouse answer if the same question asked by the US officer?

6. Any spouses with H4 did Canada PR soft landing & returned to the US? What were the questions asked at US Officer on the return to the US?

Please help!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
MY SPOUSE IS THE ONLY CANADA PR APPLICANT WITH VALID USA H4 VISA STAMPED FO 2.5 YEARS.

Folks- I heard few people had hard time entering the US after doing their soft landing on H4 Visa
(She is the only PR applicant)

My Question:
1. My wife applied for Canada PR and got her COPR a few weeks back. It is expiring April 2021. Her plan does soft landing in Vancouver and return to the US in a few days. Our friend will mail the PR card to our US Address.

But DO YOU THINK SHE WILL HAVE ANY ISSUES AT THE USA HOMELAND SECURITY ON HER RETURN TO USA?

2. I heard few people had issues while returning to the US on Valid H4 visa. Officer asked them about why returning to the US while having Canada PR.

3. Officer also mentioned, " H4 visa is for dependent/spouse to stay with Primary H1-b holder but now you have Canada PR".

4. Any similar situations faced by anyone? Please help.

5. What should my spouse answer if the same question asked by the US officer?

6. Any spouses with H4 did Canada PR soft landing & returned to the US? What were the questions asked at US Officer on the return to the US?

Please help!
She will not be allowed to enter Canada as her travel is not considered essential.

Harigalent

Mar 28, 2019
She will not be allowed to enter Canada as her travel is not considered essential.
Thanks for the response Ryester. Her plan is to travel to Canada only after these Corona Chaos. Sometime in Aug-September.

I think your above response was related to travel during COVID correct?

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thanks for the response Ryester. Her plan is to travel to Canada only after these Corona Chaos. Sometime in Aug-September.

I think your above response was related to travel during COVID correct?
yes, that is right. The travel restriction is to be ended on June 30.