+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse refusing to support PCC and Medical

opt4

May 20, 2020
Greetings to all,

I appreciate you sharing all of your knowledge with the community. Yes, it has been really helpful.

I currently reside in Canada and have a valid work visa. I filed my Express entry petition and it is under CEC . I'm married and having a child and anticipate ITA in a few more rounds. Me and my spouse are separate more than an year now. It is still very early in the divorce process ( Not applied ). With the separation in mind , My spouse is refused to do medical or PCC.

with this background, please assist me with the below queries.

1. How do I handle this situation and get a PR? ( It is impossible to convince spouse )
2. What are the required support documents for an affidavit, as I've seen in other postings and forums?
3. Do I need an immigration lawyer to file it or can I do it myself?

And add any points which are helpful to address the issue.
Your responses are valuable, and I'll develop a knowledge base for the future reference for all.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Apply with her as a non-accompanying spouse, and write a cover letter stating she is unwilling to provide documentation and medicals. I can't recall if you would still need to provide that if she's non-accompanying, but that's really the only way to deal with the situation. An affidavit would make sense as you're making a legal representation that she's not complying if there are any requirements on her side. It's essentially just a certified statement by a lawyer.

Reactions: paneka penalty

opt4

May 20, 2020
Apply with her as a non-accompanying spouse, and write a cover letter stating she is unwilling to provide documentation and medicals. I can't recall if you would still need to provide that if she's non-accompanying, but that's really the only way to deal with the situation. An affidavit would make sense as you're making a legal representation that she's not complying if there are any requirements on her side. It's essentially just a certified statement by a lawyer.
Thanks for your time and reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Greetings to all,

I appreciate you sharing all of your knowledge with the community. Yes, it has been really helpful.

I currently reside in Canada and have a valid work visa. I filed my Express entry petition and it is under CEC . I'm married and having a child and anticipate ITA in a few more rounds. Me and my spouse are separate more than an year now. It is still very early in the divorce process ( Not applied ). With the separation in mind , My spouse is refused to do medical or PCC.

with this background, please assist me with the below queries.

1. How do I handle this situation and get a PR? ( It is impossible to convince spouse )
2. What are the required support documents for an affidavit, as I've seen in other postings and forums?
3. Do I need an immigration lawyer to file it or can I do it myself?

And add any points which are helpful to address the issue.
Your responses are valuable, and I'll develop a knowledge base for the future reference for all.
You should be declaring that you are separated if you application says you are married. It is important to declare when your relationship ended. You should start applying for your divorce or applying for a legal separation. Without proof that you are separated or divorced it becomes much more difficult to have to list as spouse that you are separated from and non-accompanying since you still need them to do medical, PCC, etc.

opt4

May 20, 2020
You should be declaring that you are separated if you application says you are married. It is important to declare when your relationship ended. You should start applying for your divorce or applying for a legal separation. Without proof that you are separated or divorced it becomes much more difficult to have to list as spouse that you are separated from and non-accompanying since you still need them to do medical, PCC, etc.
Thanks for your reponse.

opt4

May 20, 2020
@
@opt4 Please advise how you proceed and did you get the PR ?
Same situation
Out of many only three of the advocates said that it's is possible and I'm waiting for the ITA. Canada government should consider the increasing number of petition with spouse not supporting and align the policy accordingly to accommodate genuine candidates.

shubham3582

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
@

Out of many only three of the advocates said that it's is possible and I'm waiting for the ITA. Canada government should consider the increasing number of petition with spouse not supporting and align the policy accordingly to accommodate genuine candidates.
Thanks for response @opt4.
I am also waiting for my experience points then ITA, please advise till now, if you collected any documents related to spouse .