+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse pr application returned

Spatel354

Sep 8, 2018
My spouse Outland pr application returned reason is ….
We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2022/07/21. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.

Our office processes Family Class Sponsorship applications where the Principal Applicant resides In Canada. It appears that as per your information declared on your undertaking you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:

 Document Checklist
 IMM1344
 IMM5669
 IMM5406

What’s that mean ? I am confused

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
This has been discussed a few times now in this forum, and it seems that most people are not paying attention to the info they're entering in the portal when setting up the account and all the info in their forms does not match what they said in the portal.

What you're been told, essentially, is that you have applied for an inland when you wanted to apply outland.

Ensure that the info you enter in the portal when creating the account matches that of your application.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla

Spatel354

Sep 8, 2018
This has been discussed a few times now in this forum, and it seems that most people are not paying attention to the info they're entering in the portal when setting up the account and all the info in their forms does not match what they said in the portal.

What you're been told, essentially, is that you have applied for an inland when you wanted to apply outland.

Ensure that the info you enter in the portal when creating the account matches that of your application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I'm not sure that these are all the clients' errors - it seems, or at least there is a possibility, that IRCC is sending them internally to the wrong offices (it may not be automated or they have an error in their automation process).

We're not certain. I'd also note that this was NOT a type of error that was happening much with paper apps - IRCC would just send on to the other office if it was misaddressed.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
But when I checked my application status it’s still shows me “ submitted “ how it’s possible?
My logic and common sense tells me that this is just because you "sent" the application and it takes several days before the trackers show updated info. Having submitted an application doesn't mean that IRCC will accept it.

Think of it like when you mail a paper application, just because you mailed it doesn't make it correct. You could have sent a paper application to the wrong office and they will return it to you in the same way.

Do it again and set up your account with the "outland" option. It doesn't seem like you have to do anything else, just correct the mistake in the portal and send everything again. Note that about three of the forms have been updated since April 2022. You'll have to check you're sending the updated forms.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My logic and common sense tells me that this is just because you "sent" the application and it takes several days before the trackers show updated info. Having submitted an application doesn't mean that IRCC will accept it.

Think of it like when you mail a paper application, just because you mailed it doesn't make it correct. You could have sent a paper application to the wrong office and they will return it to you in the same way.

Do it again and set up your account with the "outland" option. It doesn't seem like you have to do anything else, just correct the mistake in the portal and send everything again. Note that about three of the forms have been updated since April 2022. You'll have to check you're sending the updated forms.
I just read you submitted the application in July. There's one form that got updated in August. Check which one it is by downloading the forms again.

god@zilla

Sep 22, 2022
I got the same issue as well and the application was returned today on September 22, 2022. I applied under Family class (outside Canada). What did you do for your application? This was the message in my return letter:
Our office processes Family Class Sponsorship applications where the Principal Applicant resides In Canada. It appears that as per your information declared on your undertaking you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
 Document Checklist
 IMM1344
 IMM008
 IMM5669
 IMM5406

Spatel354

Sep 8, 2018
I got the same issue as well and the application was returned today on September 22, 2022. I applied under Family class (outside Canada). What did you do for your application? This was the message in my return letter:
 Document Checklist
 IMM1344
 IMM008
 IMM5669
 IMM5406
I

god@zilla

Sep 22, 2022
I will apply second time . With updates form and some updates paystub/ job latter new application.
first time I am 100 % sure that I have applied in correct option still my application returned.
Thanks! I have also sent a Web Form to IRCC to look into this issue. It is a big hassle to reapply and you loose good amount of time as well. IRCC is the worst when it comes to customer service.

Spatel354

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks! I have also sent a Web Form to IRCC to look into this issue. It is a big hassle to reapply and you loose good amount of time as well. IRCC is the worst when it comes to customer service.
Let me know once you received any updates. Or contact me on 365-778-9812

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I will suggest what I've mentioned in another thread: take a screenshot or print to PDF the Portal's page with the application details where you selected the right PR program for your case. It doesn't hurt to have this extra piece of paper as a proof. Ensure the current date shows up in the print out.

Who knows if IRCC has fixed this problem, but what is sure is that they don't care about your technical application issues if you don't have proof to back up your claims.

Reactions: armoured

scotch_jas

Feb 23, 2015
My spouse Outland pr application returned reason is ….
We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2022/07/21. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.

 Document Checklist
 IMM1344
 IMM5669
 IMM5406

What’s that mean ? I am confused
Hey I received the same yesterday. I am unable to figure out what went wrong

Applicant001

Oct 20, 2021
Hi! My application got returned with the same reason. We're 100% sure that we selected outland at the time of application and nowhere mentioned that spouse is in Canada.

This is weird. I have re-submitted the file but I highly recommend that everyone should raise a complaint to IRCC via webform or any other way so that they get aware of this glitch in their system.