+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Perfect, thank you. So the OWP is independent of the whole PR process? That’s good to know. Any idea on how long these OWP are issued for, because the process within Quebec takes longer than the rest of Canada. So I was wondering how long the work permit will be issued for?
It's independent in terms that you are eligible for OWP as long as your application is in process. While being eligible, I believe that you'll be able to extend is as necessary.

bassamfox

Aug 7, 2022
I know that we have to submit work permit application online but what if we chose to send it via mail. It is showing 19 days processing time for paper applications. Do you think it will be returned? Does it worth to try?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
it's explicitly said to apply online for SOWP.
Some reported of trying to flagpole and it didn't work either....

Reactions: YVR123

AntF89

Sep 19, 2023
It's independent in terms that you are eligible for OWP as long as your application is in process. While being eligible, I believe that you'll be able to extend is as necessary.
I’m curious how long it’ll be, because I already have a OWP that is valid till august 2024 and I’ll be starting my PR application in a week. So in theory I can wait till August to see what happens and then apply for an extension or I can apply once I get the initial approval and they dictate the timeline of how long I get the work permit for based on where my application is from?

bassamfox

Aug 7, 2022
Do we need to show proof of ties to home country when we apply for OWP for inland spouse who applied for PR?