+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

honson

Feb 11, 2020
My student permit was approved and would like to apply a spouse open work permit for my spouse. However, during my student permit application, I choose NO for the question 'will accompany you to Canada' in the form imm5707e for my spouse.
1. Is that possible to apply spouse open work permit in overseas?
2.Do I need to inform IRCC to change the answer for from imm5707e?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"I choose NO for the question 'will accompany you to Canada' "
That applies to the application to which the IMM 5707 was attached - i.e., your study permit application.
You can apply from overseas, but much less likely to have a problem or get a refusal if your spouse is in Canada.

honson

Feb 11, 2020
Thanks for your reply. In my case, application of spouse working permit inland or overseas will get a higher chance to approve?

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
My student permit was approved and would like to apply a spouse open work permit for my spouse. However, during my student permit application, I choose NO for the question 'will accompany you to Canada' in the form imm5707e for my spouse.
1. Is that possible to apply spouse open work permit in overseas?
2.Do I need to inform IRCC to change the answer for from imm5707e?
Please i am in the same situation. How did you resolve it? Kindly drop a comment

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please i am in the same situation. How did you resolve it? Kindly drop a comment
Once the student has reached Canada, it is important to get the full-time enrollment letter which needs to be attached for the open work permit application for the spouse Application. "Will accompany you to Canada" just means both of you intend travel at the same time. Hope this is clear.

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
Once the student has reached Canada, it is important to get the full-time enrollment letter which needs to be attached for the open work permit application for the spouse Application. "Will accompany you to Canada" just means both of you intend travel at the same time. Hope this is clear.
Thank you for this information.. Incase of my children can I bring them with me? They have got eTA so I dont want to apply study permit for them. I said No to the accompany part too