ash73

Mar 2, 2011
Visa Office......
lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-05-2014
can seniors pls guide us :My husband is applying for study permit for canada.should i being the spouse apply for temperary resident visa or open work permit?? we are in a fix .
is it possible that i apply for temporary resident visa for now and get open work permit on reaching canada at the airport??
Seniors your help needed urgently!!

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it possible that i apply for temporary resident visa for now and get open work permit on reaching canada at the airport??
No. You may either apply for your OWP with you husband when he applies for his SP OR you may apply for visitor visa with him and then FROM Canada (not at airport) apply for OWP.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ash73 said:
can seniors pls guide us :My husband is applying for study permit for canada.should i being the spouse apply for temperary resident visa or open work permit?? we are in a fix .
Seniors your help needed urgently!!
u can choose to apply either however u will still need the same documentation and proof of funds. yes some people have asked for open work permit at the POE and got one . if u choose to apply for TRV and get it then there is no harm in asking at POE for OWP if not u can apply for one from within canada.

rajuiitm

Jan 27, 2014
Dear all,

Could you please anybody suggest me regarding 'open work permit - proof of funds'

My wife went to Canada on work-permit on behalf of her company (she has VISA till Jan 2015), while processing in India, her company processed my application under Visitor VISA category, so right now I am holding V1 VISA.

As I am working, so would like to work in Canada, then got to know that I can apply for "open work permit", so in this process, I went to VFS to check what kind of documents required. In the given check list under proof of funds, it was mentioned 'Property documents/ other proof of income or investments' - VFS people said that I can provide photocopies...

1. Now I am in doubt, how do I show the value of my properties, just submiting a copy of sale deed is enough? OR do I need to valuate properties?
2. Under personal funds... if I would like to show some Bank Balance then how much I need to show/ maintain ?
3. OR - Do I need to do evaluation of my properties and certifed by CA?

It would be great if anybody of you can help me in this... as I am running out of time..

Thanks in advance,

-R

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1. Now I am in doubt, how do I show the value of my properties, just submiting a copy of sale deed is enough? OR do I need to valuate properties?
yes u can show both(i however dont think u need all these documents for a work permit as u already got a TRV
2. Under personal funds... if I would like to show some Bank Balance then how much I need to show/ maintain ?
in case of student they require 1 year fee+$10000 for livig expese+$4000 for spouse. however again since u have TRV I dont think u will need to show this.....if u do show this its good .
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
3. OR - Do I need to do evaluation of my properties and certifed by CA?
according to me u dont need that

since u already have a TRV(visitors visa) u must have added those documents already or some alternate documents. Some have even got open work permit at POE.....so as long as u have copies of ur spouses documents and as long as ur spouse is working under skilled worker/eligible occupation u should have no problem
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

[/quote]

dallewal77

Jul 17, 2013
Dear sir/madam. Pls suggest me,i m applying open work permit on behalf my wifes work permit after her post graduation she have got b level job last year,and also we applied PR in march this year,actualy once i rejected my visiter visa in 2013 that time she was on study permit,sir which docs are required how much fund i hav to show and how many chances of getting visa??

eboucho

Dec 27, 2014
Dears , please your help on this , My wife is applying for Study permit , in the same time when I am applyion for Open work permit online I don't know how if I should answer YES or NO the this question :

"Do you want to submit an application for a family member"

Please advise

Regards

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
eboucho said:
Dears , please your help on this , My wife is applying for Study permit , in the same time when I am applyion for Open work permit online I don't know how if I should answer YES or NO the this question :

"Do you want to submit an application for a family member"

Please advise

Regards
Answer yes.