+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sp1989

Aug 29, 2018
After getting spouce open work Visa, os there any time limit to enter canada?? And does she get workpermit letter from airport on arrival!??

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Looking for advice. For context I'm an American and my spouse is Indian. I'm starting my master degree at UVic next month and will be applying again for my spouses open work permit. We applied together last year and he was refused under section 205(c)(ii) and not convinced he would leave based on purpose of visit.

I'm concerned now because he no longer has the job he did when we applied last year. The company closed down and we took time off to travel. His degree and last job was in social work, but now he is overseeing my US investment account and I pay him monthly to do this. He does have a certificate degree from the Indian National Stock Exchange, but I'm worried this will not look legitimate on his application for owp. Should he find another job doing social work in India? Would having a job offer in Canada be beneficial or detrimental?

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
For applicants who had SOWP approved, I am an international student and going to apply for SOWP for my wife and student visa for my kids. I am wondering if it is important to provide country ties like properties or other assets with the application?? because I have heard that proving country ties is not important for SOWP.

I still have around 1 year and 8 months in my study permit.

Appreciate your help!

Last edited:

Fony

Dec 26, 2019
For applicants who had SOWP approved, I am an international student and going to apply for SOWP for my wife and student visa for my kids. I am wondering if it is important to provide country ties like properties or other assets with the application?? because I have heard that proving country ties is not important for SOWP.

Appreciate your help!
proof of ties are important for SOWP, proof of funds no!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Appreciate your help!
You only need TRV for the kids unless they are in post secondary.

angelkyane_15

Aug 10, 2019
Hi! Happy New Year... I just want to share my timeline re SOWP

SOWP
Submitted: August 06, 2019
Received by IRCC: August 06, 2019
Biometric Request: August 06, 2019
Biometric Done: August 09, 2019
Medical Request: November 25, 2019
Medical Done: November 29, 2019
Passport Request: December 11, 2019
Approved : December 13, 2019

Fony

Dec 26, 2019
As far as I know that proof of funds is important so they can make sure that applicant can support spouse if he/she could not find a job after landing.
proof of funds has to be from the person who’s already in Canada working/studying. If you are applying as a spouse, to get SOWP you don’t need your proof of funds, but your husband’s/wife’s

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
You only need TRV for the kids unless they are in post secondary.[/

Hi
I have got request from cic to upload additional documents on 24th december and uploaded the documents on 30th december. On 31st december it says additional documents you provided have been received. Now again when i check on 2nd January it says we need additional documents kindly check your online account. Is there a mistake or something . Really worried. Any suggestions would help