Got approval of sowp.
My daughter got visitor visa.
Is my daughter need return Ticket?
Bcoz her status is visitor..
Please suggest..

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I got my approval today and would like to sincerely thank everyone on this thread and forum.
Here are my timelines:
Application Type: Online, Outside Canada
Submitted: Sep 20
Biometric Req: Sep 21
Biometrics Complete: Sep 23
Medical Req: Sep 24
Medical completed: Sep 25
Medical passed: Sep 28
PPR: Oct 3

Reactions: StudyMaster

Piryavart

Oct 3, 2019
I got my approval yesterday and would like to sincerely thank everyone on this thread and forum.
Here are my timelines:
Application Type: Online, Outside Canada
Submitted: Sep 17
Biometric Req: Sep 18
Biometrics Complete: Sep 19
Medical Req: Sep 24
Medical completed: Sep 25
Medical passed: Oct 03
PPR: Oct 3

achin06

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Hi,
I had applied for my Spouse Open Work Permit on June 14 from Canada, but till today, there is not even a single update and its been almost 4 months. Any idea how long is it going to take?

pramod104

Oct 8, 2019
Somewhere in this thread I saw that the processing times for SOWP comes under Work-permit extension so after checking the below site it says currently the applications are getting processed which are applied on June 4th 2019. You guys are not that far now.

We have applied under this category for my spouse on July 17th and hoping for the approval soon (fingers crossed).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Please keep us posted if you get your approvals and the timelines.

Thanks,
Pramod

Atta palwasha

Oct 6, 2019
Somewhere in this thread I saw that the processing times for SOWP comes under Work-permit extension so after checking the below site it says currently the applications are getting processed which are applied on June 4th 2019. You guys are not that far now.

We have applied under this category for my spouse on July 17th and hoping for the approval soon (fingers crossed).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Thanks,
Pramod
Sure I'll post here!

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I applied on June 10th with upfront medicals and still no update. Now they must be processing applications from the first-second week of June. So I think you don't need to worry. I guess you should get a reply somewhere in the beginning or mid October
August is student opening session so one should wait for August to pass because they have backlogs of so many student cases so in the meanwhile they stop focusing on work permit cases

Jagan1992

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

Thanks,
Pramod
Sowp doesn't come under work permit extension because when u log into Gov website it shows options
Work permit inside Canada
Work permit outside Canada
But in case where it is written work permit extension no inside outside is stated because it is deemed that work permit extension is for the person who already has a valid work permit