+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sharmamukesh2082

Aug 4, 2019
Hey Folks. Thanks to this thread, I just learned that the processing times I should check for SOWP is of Work Permit Extension - thanks Fam. Currently it says 103 days for Online and 112 days for paper. Can anyone tell me if its 103 working days or just days?
where did you apply from ?

Waiting4approval

Aug 7, 2019
(Funds too low . )
Order GCMS Notes right away so you can know the detailed reasons before you apply again and get the same rejection . Nobody can give you a specific answer why your application was denied .
Your spouse can also contact his local MP and he can email IRCC on your behalf and get more detailed reasons for the rejection , good luck .
Hi Jasleen,
How can I order GCMS notes? I’ve been waiting for more than 12 weeks now applied for SOWP from India and then the processing time was 5 weeks. I’ve also filed in the web form but I haven’t received a response back.

TIA!

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Hi Jasleen,
How can I order GCMS notes? I’ve been waiting for more than 12 weeks now applied for SOWP from India and then the processing time was 5 weeks. I’ve also filed in the web form but I haven’t received a response back.

TIA!
You sure can order GCMS notes even if out of country , if you have any family member(your spouse) or anybody you trust in Canada , you can ask them to do it on your behalf by signing and sending the consent form available on an official website , it only costs 5 $. It can take upto 4 weeks for the notes to arrive .

Heres the link for it : follow the instructions .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

Good luck .

Shilakha

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
United arab of emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone. I have applied for spousal visa from Dubai vfs and it shows still processing. My wife is on study permit and she is in Canada right now.I applied on March but there is no response from the embassy. Can anybody guide me, how long it takes for the processing and all.
Hello whats your status.. did u get any update.. m gonna apply for my husband sowp now.. online he is residing in uae as well.

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
I passed medical on sep 4th.Till date no update.Any idea?I applied on June 29th.
I applied on June 10th with upfront medicals and still no update. Now they must be processing applications from the first-second week of June. So I think you don't need to worry. I guess you should get a reply somewhere in the beginning or mid October

hammycapry

Jul 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 March 2016
AOR Received.
April 21 2016
File Transfer...
May 30 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 25 2016
Interview........
Hope not to face interview
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
After pasport request
LANDED..........
After visa stamping
How many days they take after medical request?

includeme_26

Sep 26, 2019
Hello,

I am on a PGWP and my husband recently came to Canada, we applied for an Open spousal work permit for him but have not received a response as yet. My PGWP expires in February 2020. My question is, will they issue his work permit with the same expiry date?

Thanks for any help on this matter!

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Hello,

I am on a PGWP and my husband recently came to Canada, we applied for an Open spousal work permit for him but have not received a response as yet. My PGWP expires in February 2020. My question is, will they issue his work permit with the same expiry date?

Thanks for any help on this matter!
Yes, your SOWP will have the same expiry date as a PGWP of your spouse