+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Hi to all in this forum,
Just wanted to enquire the current processing time of spouse open work permit. I've applied on April 5 2019 but I haven't received any updates yet. Please may I know what's the current processing time for SOWP within Canada?
Thanks !
From what I've noticed, multiple factors affects processing time. Spouse's status in Canada and I believe the balance we show.

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Mine is also pending since April 26 (from pakistan) paper based application
Actually we did online application for tracking purposes. During my study permit, i applied via paper and couldn't link my file to my GC key. Didn't take that chance this time.
But the thing in paper application is there's no limit on size of documents.

Anyways, thanks for the update.
Waiting all together.
We also called Canadian office but as the file's being processed in India, they cannot access. And there's no number to call in India.

May 10, 2019
Hi to all in this forum,
Just wanted to enquire the current processing time of spouse open work permit. I've applied on April 5 2019 but I haven't received any updates yet. Please may I know what's the current processing time for SOWP within Canada?
Thanks !
Hey , i applied for my wife on 3rd april , haven't received yet.
Currently processing time is 95 days to expecting next week

let me know if you get is first

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
Hi, I have applied for my husband's OPW on 14th May from within Canada.. No updates yet.
Application of work permit from within canada says 7 weeks.
The applications for extension of WP says 95 days for online applications.

Which is applicable for us who have applied from within Canada. ?

Also , I have one doubt. While applying i haven't uploaded my WP document ( its a closed WP). But in form 5710e I havr mentioned my application ID. Will that be sufficient for them to verify my WP?
Or it may lead to rejection.
If I email them now through Web form, what are the chances of acceptance. Or it will lead to a negative impression?

Please help.

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Hi, I have applied for my husband's OPW on 14th May from within Canada.. No updates yet.
Application of work permit from within canada says 7 weeks.
The applications for extension of WP says 95 days for online applications.

Which is applicable for us who have applied from within Canada. ?

Also , I have one doubt. While applying i haven't uploaded my WP document ( its a closed WP). But in form 5710e I havr mentioned my application ID. Will that be sufficient for them to verify my WP?
Or it may lead to rejection.
If I email them now through Web form, what are the chances of acceptance. Or it will lead to a negative impression?

Please help.
It's very much likely to get approved. If they'd need it they'll ask for it rather than rejecting it. The only reason to reject SOWP would be if they do not have sufficient documents/proof for your relationship.

Also, uploading document via web firm wouldn't make any negative impression.

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Hey , i applied for my wife on 3rd april , haven't received yet.
Currently processing time is 95 days to expecting next week

let me know if you get is first
When i called Canadian number, the processing time they gave was time taken to approve within Canada, which was 93 daya..

Is your wife's file being processed outside Canada?

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Applied 17 may from india
20 may medical updated, upfront
21 biomatric updated
Still reviewing your eligibility
Mostly applications are processing very fast.. Today one month completed, is there negative to my application?
Did you hear anything from IRCC? I have also applied on 16th May, 20th May medical and 21st May bio-metrics.

May 10, 2019
When i called Canadian number, the processing time they gave was time taken to approve within Canada, which was 93 daya..

Is your wife's file being processed outside Canada?
No , my wife is on visitor visa in canada and we applied within canada.

Yes you are correct , within canada its 93-95 days. mine 90 days are completed today

What about u?

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
No , my wife is on visitor visa in canada and we applied within canada.

Yes you are correct , within canada its 93-95 days. mine 90 days are completed today

What about u?
My wife is in India. Will keep you guys posted about updates.
Btw are you working or a student?
If you are students, and if I may ask, how much fund did you show?

GuptaNe

Jul 2, 2019
It's very much likely to get approved. If they'd need it they'll ask for it rather than rejecting it. The only reason to reject SOWP would be if they do not have sufficient documents/proof for your relationship.

Also, uploading document via web firm wouldn't make any negative impression.
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
As a proof of relationship, I have provided my marriage certificate.
Will that be enough?
We got married 4 months back.

My husband travelled with me on a dependent visa to Canada. When I applied for his dependent visitor visa, we were just 15 days married. They approved.
I am scared if they reject it this time for less years of relationship.

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Will that be enough?

My husband travelled with me on a dependent visa to Canada. When I applied for his dependent visitor visa, we were just 15 days married. They approved.
If dependent visa was once approved, even if it is visitor (however, I have no idea what dependent visitor visa is, have only heard about Visitor's visa). And if you both are living at the same address for 4 months now, it "should" be sufficient. But you could also provide tenant agreement, joint account, or if you are in Canada after marriage, you could register your marriage in Canada and provide that as a proof. BUT, if once its approved, and you are living together, it has to be approved. Chances are slim to none to get rejected.

All the best.

May 10, 2019
My wife is in India. Will keep you guys posted about updates.
Btw are you working or a student?
If you are students, and if I may ask, how much fund did you show?
Hey , just wanted to know if she is in india , how come she applied from canada ?

no , i am working full time . Let me know your question might be able to help you?

May 10, 2019
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
Will that be enough?

I dont see any issues with that , i got married and applied for Work visa within 20 days of marriage , application does not depend on time period of your marriage , it depends on if you can prove your marriage is legal which is marriage certificate and if you know each other for long just write about same

BuzzLightYear

Jul 2, 2019
I dont see any issues with that , i got married and applied for Work visa within 20 days of marriage , application does not depend on time period of your marriage , it depends on if you can prove your marriage is legal which is marriage certificate and if you know each other for long just write about same
Exactly, I applied on 5th day after my marriage(as soon as I got my marriage certificate). But we had sufficient proofs. Wedding photographs, photographs from previous trip and I had also added my wife's name in my rental agreement.