+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

makzoite

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hello Mates,
Today my status in "Review of medical results" changed as "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam." But I haven't got any mails. What does this status change implies? Any idea? Do anyone got this situation before?

Note: I haven't done upfront medical.

Last edited:

rahullfo

Aug 10, 2018
Hi All,

I am in a big dilemma right now. My wife is studying MBA in Canada and I went along with her on 5th September . I then applied for the open work permit application on 8th September from within Canada
as I thought of staying with her till my application was approved and then come back to India and give resignation,serve notice period in my current company and then go back.
I have a multiple entry tourist Visa. But somehow my company did not allow me to work remotely so I have to come back to India on 21st September.Now here are my doubts:
1)What happens if my application for OWP is approved wile I am in India?As I have to submit my passport,can I travel back to Canada on tourist visa and submit my passport?Am I allowed to do that?
2)Will I be denied entry if I follow 1?
3)Can my application be rejected as I left Canada during the process?

What should be the best thing for me to do?

aksh1325

Sep 18, 2018
applied for SOWP for my wife. she is in india. applied here from canada.
Applied date - 25 july 2018.
no update yet..
any one with the same case or from JULY ???

makzoite

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Application Submitted: June 24
Reviewing Eligibility Started: September 9
Medical Request: September 19
Medical Done: September 20
Medical Passed: September 23
Passport Request: September 26
--Tomorrow will send passport.

*Applied Online from Nepal.

aksh1325

Sep 18, 2018
Application Submitted: June 24
Reviewing Eligibility Started: September 9
Medical Request: September 19
Medical Done: September 20
Medical Passed: September 23
Passport Request: September 26
--Tomorrow will send passport.

*Applied Online from Nepal.
done with your process? passport is back?

Reactions: dearbharat

spRaven

Dec 22, 2017
Could you help me please?
I'm trying to apply for spouse open work permit, (my spouse in Canada, skilled worker, NOC B, under LMIA)
so I have a list of documents what I need to upload:

Imm1295
Family info
Passport
Digital photo
Medical exam
Proof of Relationship
Schedule 1 - TRV (imm 5257)
Client information

My question is, where I should upload my spouse offer of employment, pay stabs, LMIA etc.? on client information?

or I answered wrong when I choose application?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I applied from Canada on July 29. I received approval of my OWP today. I am a spouse of an international student.

My timeline:
Applied on: July 29
Approved: October 2

I did not need a medical and I don't know how long it took them to start reviewing my eligibility. I am glad that it's finally approved.

dlb_mex90

Oct 2, 2018
New post: this is my situation. I have a PGWP that expires in 2021 and last year I applied for a SOWP for my husband and got it but they only gave it to him until November 30, 2018 because my employment letter said I was on a one year contract. My contract will be extended for another year but I won’t have proof of that soon (HR will take about 2-3 weeks to process my new appointment, so end of October). The online processing times for Work Permits is 60 days which means my husband would most likely fall on implied status but we want to avoid that because we have a trip outside of Canada on December 21. Do you recommend flagpoling when I get my contract extension?? (we are from a a visa-excempt country) I also need to provide 3 paystubs, is it OK if these are from before the new contract begins? (Otherwise he would loose status if we had to wait for 3 paystubs after the new contract begins). I could get a letter from my employer right away saying that they are processing my