+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Zam10

Mar 10, 2018
Hello, I hope you doing well...

Thanks in advance for your time and your gentle assistance...I will share with you my case and some doubts:

My wife is a full-time international student since last year (September). Next month (October), I will travel to Canada (via ETA), then I will apply for an OWP as soon as I arrive with her. We already have any kind of proofs/documentation like:

*Valid Marriage Certificate.
*Bank Account Statement (same residential address in our Country).
*Photos/Videos of the Wedding.
*Social Media Interaction.
*Letters.
*Recommendation Letters for Employment.
*Etc.

The thing is:

What's your opinion?, Do you think I have a real chance to get an OWP?, Would it be good idea to travel as a tourist and then apply?. Any recommendations?.

The only thing we want is to be together!.

My best wishes to all of you :)

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Hi
Please advice.
when should one apply for open work permit for his/her spouse if their length of study is 1 year
Should we apply for visitor visa before and then apply OWP when spouse is in canada

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Hiee!!! My wife is study in Canada. She got admission in algonquin college on sept 2017 intake. I have apply spousal open work permit on 2nd November 2017. In just 10 days my application has been refused.
In the acknowledgement letter other column has been ticked and reason is
You have not demonstrated eligibility in this category as you have not provided proof of relationship
to your inviter.

Actually i have submitted
marriage Certificate
marriage Photographs
Holiday Photographs, family photographs
Whatsapp call history, whatsapp chat history
Joint bank account
joint name Fix deposit.
show enough fund..
I am really concern about my next step.
do i have to go for appeal or re-apply???if re-apply apply with online or paper based!!!

Kindly give me suggestion..

Appreciate
HEY,
Did your spouse got visa, as I am about to apply in coming days and I am student in Algonquin college too , even we will get married in Quebec mosque and she is even on visit visa, so any help would be great, and how much fundings we need to show?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Applied 19th April till now the only update is biometrics completed. We are processing your background check since 19th of April. Who knows how to calculate by week's. How many weeks is my application as at today? Why is background check taking so much time
I am asking for Spousal Open Work Permit..I am from India.

Are background checks for residence location done ? Do we need to have supportive documents for old place of stays as well ?

How about employment history for 10 years? Is the same check done for employment too ?

Marriage certificates in Regional and English as well. Still, do we need to translation?

SDeb

Sep 4, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have recently raised a Canadian work permit and dependent visa request. I work in an IT firm and the visa request is being processed right now. It is at the attorney for WP processing.
I actually wanted to apply for open work permit for my husband but I applied for dependent visa without realizing my company does get OWP done for the spouse.
Can you guys help with some information on how can I get the dependent visa converted to open work permit for my husband?
What is the process?
How much time will it take

Ajay147

Apr 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have applied for open work permit with my wife's study permit via vfs and her visa got approved and mine is still in progress...as she is in canada now...can i upload her study permit and university enrollment letter via webform

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have applied for open work permit with my wife's study permit via vfs and her visa got approved and mine is still in progress...as she is in canada now...can i upload her study permit and university enrollment letter via webform
What's your application time line ?

sin2pi

Apr 18, 2018
Can't tell you. Spouses of international students aren't guaranteed OPW. Also it doesn't make sense to give out an OPW if you are nearing the end of your studies. Not sure that is the case. You can definitely sponsor a spouse if you have pgwp, full-time job in NOC 0 A or B and 3 pay stubs.
Can you give me a reference for full-time job? It doesn't mention full time, in CIC website.

deepkhela

Jun 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

What u filld in form 1295 in INTENDED WORK IN CANADA SECTION ... question 2 to 6

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Can you tell me how to check processing times? We applied from Canada, to be processed in Canada. The website says "6 weeks" if you choose "work permit" but 56 days if you choose "work permit extension (new employer)". Which one should be used?

Atinder brar

Jan 6, 2018
Hello everyone
I got ppr 4th September and right know I am out off country . It is OWP online application. I will come 20th September.
Is there a time limit to send passports after PPR request?
Pls help me if anybody knows
Some people saying that it’s vaild for 30 days .
But on application nothing mentione about submit timing .

crackvisa

Sep 12, 2018
I am in Canada on SOWP which expiring next month (October) and it is due for extension. My spouse's employer specific WP extension is filed early this week. According to CIC processing times it's going to take upto 56 days to make a decision on my spouse's application so I cant wait to file for my extension until then. So I am planning to apply for extension with my spouse's extension application acknowledgement issued by IRCC. Is this acceptable? Please share your experience if some one has taken this route. Appreciate your help.