+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

sdalwadi

May 2, 2013
Sinior please reply
I am from india yester day i got positive lmia employer at Alberta.
Now i am going for work parmit on line i want to apply with my wife and child open work parmit and syudy parmit.i want to know this is wrigt way
Please guid me i wait for reply
Thanks

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Hello,

I need advice from more experienced people. I want to apply for SOWP with my spouse being a student in Canada. However, I am currently unemployed (also a student). Would this be much trouble? I have savings in my account,more than CIC asks for.

Maxprixie

Dec 2, 2017
Hello,

I'm currently in Canada on study permit doing my masters degree. My visa expires on Dec 30 2019.

My question is my husband currently stays in India and I want to bring me here. I'm willing to apply for his open work permit (which I guess is the only option available) I wanted to know what is the chances of getting approved and what is the basic requirements?

KaranSukh

Oct 3, 2017
Punjab
Hello,

I'm currently in Canada on study permit doing my masters degree. My visa expires on Dec 30 2019.

My question is my husband currently stays in India and I want to bring me here. I'm willing to apply for his open work permit (which I guess is the only option available) I wanted to know what is the chances of getting approved and what is the basic requirements?
Docs:
For applicant:

Scan Copy of your docs:
*Cover letter*
Passport
Bank letter
Highest qualifications Diploma/degree
Experience certificate if doing job
Marriage Certificate
Marriage Pictures
CA certificate for assets ,show property
Bank letter for max 5 lakh funds saving

spouse’s docs:

Passport
Visa
Study permit
College offer letter
College id/ fee receipts/ enrollment confirmation from College,
Bank letter show gic

KaranSukh

Oct 3, 2017
Punjab
Hello,

Sowp best for you u got approvel within 2 or 3 month

Maxprixie

Dec 2, 2017
Oh thank you for the reply. Can I show my CA certificate which I used to show for my study visa? And also does educational qualification really matters? Coz my husband has completed his diploma in mechanical engineering but he has six years of experience in the same field though.

Thanks.

KaranSukh

Oct 3, 2017
Punjab
Oh thank you for the reply. Can I show my CA certificate which I used to show for my study visa? And also does educational qualification really matters? Coz my husband has completed his diploma in mechanical engineering but he has six years of experience in the same field though.

Thanks.
U show only these doc scan copy

Passport
Visa
Study permit
College offer letter
College id/ fee receipts/ enrollment,
Bank letter show gic
Yeh + point for u bcoz ur husband hve good skill study nd also experience sme field

Reactions: Maxprixie

Maxprixie

Dec 2, 2017
Okay. And how do you suggest me to apply? I'm planning to apply through a consultancy here in Canada. Akrim and associates it has good reviews. Is that okay?

KaranSukh

Oct 3, 2017
Punjab
Hello,

https://chat.whatsapp.com/IfgO87qW8TOCAinYkZQVHj
Joint this group, vry useful info if u wanna apply sowp

Nadun85

Nov 28, 2017
Applied on 31 oct at Colombo paper based with upfront medical Medical Passed and now there reviewing my Background what is the next step please advice

roni554

Dec 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
please can you help me.
As I got nominated by the Alberta Province (AINP) and Got File Number for Permanent Residence on 15 September 2017.
I got married on 1 October 2017 in India so now i want to apply for my wife Open work permit but my job category is in NOC C.
please can any body tell me I can apply SOWP or not? if yes please can you tell me which documents do i need and how can i apply
Thanks

Manoj Odatt

Dec 3, 2017
Dear All,

I have query on Open work permit. I am an Indian Citizen and got Canadian WP and expecting to get my and family TRV stamped in next few days. I will travel first and then my family will accompany me in next few days (spouse and kid)

My spouse is also working and she is looking for opportunity within her organization. Now my question is, can i apply for her open work permit while being in India before i travel to Canada. If this is possible then i assume that she will get her OWP when she reach Canada. Also i think after OWP approval i dont have to send her passport again to embassy since Visitor visa is already there. And would she be able to continue with her existing organization on similar OPW.

Regards
Shailesh Keskar
Hello Shailesh , did you get any feedback on this ? I am also stuck in a similar situation.