+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

info78

Oct 3, 2017
yes u can attach marriage photos via a print..try to do it online coz paper based in very slow ..i made a mistake in doing so and it took me 4 months to hear a rejection
Dear Manoj,

Both of my application were Online.

Second application took 5.5 months without any update.
Finally I received refusal letter again.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
@info78 and for all others who might find it useful.
I am pasting an employment letter format below tha

For paper application
colored photos, postcard size are fine. Put them in an envelope with a letter briefly explaining the reason you have attached these.
For chat back up: Go to Whatsapp settings > Chats > Chat History > Email chat, and email it to yourself. From there you can take a print out of the whole email.
Dear Shiv,
Thank you so much for the valuable information.
And I couldn't find the employment letter format, Where is it? Sorry, if i am wrong about it.

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Guys .... for all of you,,, i am listing out the dicuments that i sumbitted for our SOWP.
  1. IMM1295 – Application for a Work Permit Made Outside of Canada form
  2. IMM5645 – Family Information form
  3. Copy of your spouse’s passport stamps
  4. Digital photo of him in JPEG format –
  5. Letter confirming your employment
  6. Copies of your pay slips for the last 6 months.
  7. Copies of your bank statements for the last 6 months.
  8. Copy of his bank statements for the last 6 months.
  9. Proof of upfront immigration medical examination (this must be completed with a designated Panel Physician)
  10. Please also complete an invitation letter, a template is attached for your convenience. Where it says permanent resident, you may indicate that you hold a work permit, and where it says your spouse is seeking visitor status, please change to worker status.
  11. If your spouse has an offer of employment in Canada, please provide a copy
  12. If you own property in India, please provide valuation certificates
  13. If you also receive financial support from your parents or his parents, please provide a letter confirming financial support and copies of their bank statements
Definitely it will help other applicants.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Anybody else who applied online for a sowp around July the 1st and still being processed ?
Applied on 20th May 2017, Delhi VAC . Done with interview within a month of applying and medicals uploaded and cleared two weeks after interview.
Still sitting in process. Dont know whether these guys have slept off or what. Their normal processing times show 14 weeks max but it has been way more than that in my case. You can not get an update on call neither walk-in is an option. You can only send email to them to which they are liable to reply within 30 days which they dont. It is highly frustrating.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Dear Shiv,
And I couldn't find the employment letter format, Where is it? Sorry, if i am wrong about it.
Employment letter should have the job responsibilities, date of joining, designation, wearing company stamp and signed by HR, date of issue of job reference letter. Thats all.

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
Dear Shiv,
Hi Info78,
I just emailed you the format on your gmail email id. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Shiv

Reactions: info78

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
Finally, After long waiting time and frustration has come to an end.my wife work permit has been approved on 16th November

Submission Date - July 15th,2017(Online)
Medical done - August 12th,2017
Medical Uploading Date- September 2nd,2017
after tons of emails and help from Local MP
Medical Pass on - November 13th,2017
Passport Request - November 14th,2017
Passport Submitted - November 15th,2017
Status changed to Approved - November 16th,2017

For All those out there waiting for their application, I feel for you all and best of luck on your file Hope you guys get updates.

Thanks for your supports.
Parth Patel

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Finally, After long waiting time and frustration has come to an end.my wife work permit has been approved on 16th November

For All those out there waiting for their application, I feel for you all and best of luck on your file Hope you guys get updates.

Parth Patel
Many many congratulations mate!!

Nobod

Sep 28, 2017

Parth Patel
Hello, congratulations!
Would you say that the MP helped a lot? been waiting for 4.5 months so maybe should contact my MP as well

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
Hello, congratulations!
Would you say that the MP helped a lot? been waiting for 4.5 months so maybe should contact my MP as well
Well the issue with MP is you can't choose your MP, it is actually based on your address in which riding you are living.
My friend has applied in June and I applied in July but still I got my approval now with help from MP and my friend's file is stuck and he didn't take any help from MP.

raghu4561

Jul 13, 2016
Hi guys....
SOWP .... PPR request received...
Applied on Oct 25 online from canada.
Upfront medical.
PPR request on 15 Nov 2017.....
hi... I have applied from inside Canada... my application date 23rd oct online tooo
did your husband living in Canada... ?