+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Sorry to hear about that man. I would definitely like to help.
I have a format that I used for my application. Its just been a month and a half that I submitted but some of my folks who used this format gor approvals.
Link me your email id, I will share it.
Best,
Shiv
Dear Shiv,
My email id
info78872017@gmail.com
kindly send me the format.

Thanks & Best Regards

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Misunderstood the email from CIC thought it was approved when It said ..." your processed passport has been dispatched"

SOWP rejected on Nov 8th.. after 4 months of submission

Reason:

your submission do not demonstrate your spouse in canada is employed under NOC O,A, B position

I have submitted my employment letter ..the letter had my title/designation , salaray,
did not have : any noc code, duties, roles and responsibilities mentioned ..

I would like to reapply ...
any suggestion and inputs please help me out

Dear Manoj,

I am sorry to hear about it. I faced it 2 times.
Both of my applications rejected 2 times because of same reason.
My spouse employment letter also don't have any noc code, duties, roles and responsibilities mentioned.
So now I understand that it is the reason my file refused.
Anyway next time prepare all the documents correctly and take your time.
Remember that before you apply your work permit have a validity for minimum 6 months, Keep it in your mind.
Also if you have a PNP Certificate you can request it on your application that you have PNP and consider that.

Thanks & Best Regards

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear Friends,
I have few doubts.
For SOWP Paper application
How can we attach our marriage photos? We have to print the photos from a studio ? Color print?
Also how can we attach our conversation history? usually I take whatsapp & Skype screenshot
My email Id - info78872017@gmail.com
Thanks & Best Regards

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Ya, why not?
Hi,
1) My Wife is a PNP Holder but we didn't mention it on our application, our lawyer just attached the PNP Certificate.
2) And She is working as a Retail Supervisor - NOC B, we have submitted all the documents.
But her employment letter didn't have NOC Code, I believe it affected my application.
We have to be very careful before we submit an application, we cannot avoid anything, We have to make sure we included everything.
From my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antoshka

karthikgdv@gmail.com

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Guys, I am submitting below documents while submitting online application for my SOWP extension.

1. Application to Change Conditions ,Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a Worker - IMM 5710E
2. 1 File - included (My Passport Pages,Stamps and Work Permit)
3. Upfront Medicals
4. Digital Photo
5. Marriage Certificate

6. Family Member proof of Status - 1 PDF file - includes (Spouse PGWP , Offer Letter, NOC Code & roles and responsibilities letter , 4 Pay stubs, Visa copy)
7 Letter of Explanation - 1 file - includes my (Letter of explanation, IELTS General, My Offer Letter,3 Pay stubs, Proof of Income (fixed deposits india & mutual funds), Property registration documents.

Please let me know if I need to submit any more documents apart from above.

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Dear Friends,
I have few doubts.
How can we attach our marriage photos? We have to print the photos from a studio ? Color print?
Also how can we attach our conversation history? usually I take whatsapp & Skype screenshot
Thanks & Best Regards

yes u can attach marriage photos via a print..try to do it online coz paper based in very slow ..i made a mistake in doing so and it took me 4 months to hear a rejection

Reactions: info78

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
@info78 and for all others who might find it useful.
I am pasting an employment letter format below tha
Dear Friends,
I have few doubts.
Thanks & Best Regards
For paper application
colored photos, postcard size are fine. Put them in an envelope with a letter briefly explaining the reason you have attached these.
For chat back up: Go to Whatsapp settings > Chats > Chat History > Email chat, and email it to yourself. From there you can take a print out of the whole email.

Reactions: info78

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Guys .... for all of you,,, i am listing out the dicuments that i sumbitted for our SOWP.
  1. IMM1295 – Application for a Work Permit Made Outside of Canada form
  2. IMM5645 – Family Information form
  3. Copy of your spouse’s passport stamps
  4. Digital photo of him in JPEG format –
  5. Letter confirming your employment
  6. Copies of your pay slips for the last 6 months.
  7. Copies of your bank statements for the last 6 months.
  8. Copy of his bank statements for the last 6 months.
  9. Proof of upfront immigration medical examination (this must be completed with a designated Panel Physician)
  10. Please also complete an invitation letter, a template is attached for your convenience. Where it says permanent resident, you may indicate that you hold a work permit, and where it says your spouse is seeking visitor status, please change to worker status.
  11. If your spouse has an offer of employment in Canada, please provide a copy
  12. If you own property in India, please provide valuation certificates
  13. If you also receive financial support from your parents or his parents, please provide a letter confirming financial support and copies of their bank statements

Reactions: Bh@ut!k and info78