+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Yes i have been nominated.
If u r familiar with this situation plzzz tell me how to solve this query?[/QU\
Were you nominated at the time you have applied or you got your nomination after that?
What date did you apply?
Have you provided your pay stubs and bank statements and your spouse's property, income and bank statements from last couple months?

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Were you nominated at the time you have applied or you got your nomination after that?
What date did you apply?
Have you provided your pay stubs and bank statements and your spouse's property, income and bank statements from last couple months?

tej1435

May 22, 2017
Hey Tej,
I am kind of confused. Is your spouse not working? You said she has been nominated?
I do not understand. Can you explain a bit?
I am in canada and i have applied sowp for my wife who is currently in India. And yes i have been nominated for PNP and in work full time under noc b. But my wife doesn’t work in India as she has just finished her studies

twin

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I am in canada and i have applied sowp for my wife who is currently in India. And yes i have been nominated for PNP and in work full time under noc b. But my wife doesn’t work in India as she has just finished her studies
Oh Okay, Got you.
Thanks for explaining. I was wondering that the reason for refusal is funds right?
Have your wife shown funds on her name? for example bank statements and property on her name?
When did you apply for her work permit?

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Sorry to hear about that man. I would definitely like to help.
I have a format that I used for my application. Its just been a month and a half that I submitted but some of my folks who used this format gor approvals.
Link me your email id, I will share it.
Best,
Shiv

thanks a lot for ur help, I have messaged u my email ID

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
hi..
I am also in same boat..
No medical request yet.
Applied 27 July 2017.
I haven't mention NOC in my employment letter.
But i have mentioned my duties, roles and responsiblities.

As roles, duties are defined in letter, are they sufficient, or NOC was must.

Thanks
i has the rejection for not mentioning my roles/ responsibilities in my letter and it took them 4 months to say this and reject

have to reapply again with a new letter

vunamese

Sep 7, 2017
I just wanted to share my unsuccessful experience of flagpoling at the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing on 11/13/2017. The goal of flagpoling was to remove the conditions that prevent me from working in health care.

I applied for PR through the spousal sponsorship program as my wife is canadian and I am a US citizen. I had applied for an open work permit at the same time. As a US citizen, i am not required to get a medical exam, but I am in the health are field, so one would be needed eventually. I submitted a letter from the optometry governing body of Alberta to support my legitimacy to practice optometry in Alberta. However, I did not know that a medical was required, so I waited 14 weeks to receive my open work permit after submitting my complete application. I should also add that I did not have the help of a lawyer and that I have a current job offer/contract that has been signed by myself and employer.

I had gotten my medical exam/blood work/x rays done last week and had gotten confirmation that the eMedical records were uploaded to my immigration file. I brought my marriage cert, work contract, proof of medical, passport, current work permit, and optometry practice permit with me.

I drove the 3 hours to Coutts and explain that I would like the conditions removed in order to work in the health care field. The officer there did not seem to be completely familiar with the process of issuing new work permits, but another woman was there who seemed to have more knowledge of how this process works. Ultimately, I was told that they cannot issue me a new work permit without conditions because I had applied for a work permit through the spousal sponsorship program. Also, I was told that since I was issued a work permit within Alberta, I am not able to get a new work permit at the border.

Before I had tried to flagpole, I was under the impression that the border officers are able to change the conditions of an open work permit provided all of my papers are in order. Does anyone have any feedback as to whether or not I was rightfully rejected? I cannot really afford to wait another 10 weeks for a new work permit as I have student loans to pay, and my employment opportunity might be at risk.

note: an LMIA is NOT required for any job (ie. you are exempt from an LMIA) if you apply via the spousal sponsorship program.

tej1435

May 22, 2017
Oh Okay, Got you.
Thanks for explaining. I was wondering that the reason for refusal is funds right?
Have your wife shown funds on her name? for example bank statements and property on her name?
When did you apply for her work permit?
Yes i have shown bank statements and everything which is in the name of my father. And he has also named some property as a gift deed for her. And I applied on sep 16

Jojy Jose

Sep 9, 2015
Hi Experienced Members,

Re-posting..!
Need help and advice ..

Can I apply for SOWP if spouse working part time under NOC B (RPN) Category job.

I have two OWP rejections previously and I am trying to apply for the third time.My wife has PGWP approved for 3 years.I was advised before by my friends that there is no issue once my wife gets a job offer under NOC category to apply for the OWP. Recently she got a job as RPN which falls under NOC B (3012) but its a part time job.My doubt is that,whether I can apply for OWP since its a part time job or should I Waite for an another part time job offer for her.

karthikgdv@gmail.com

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Guys, I am submitting below documents while submitting online application for my SOWP extension.

1. Application to Change Conditions ,Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a Worker - IMM 5710E
2. 1 File - included (My Passport Pages,Stamps and Work Permit)
3. Upfront Medicals
4. Digital Photo
5. Marriage Certificate

6. Family Member proof of Status - 1 PDF file - includes (Spouse PGWP , Offer Letter, NOC Code & roles and responsibilities letter , 4 Pay stubs, Visa copy)
7 Letter of Explanation - 1 file - includes my (Letter of explanation, IELTS General, My Offer Letter,3 Pay stubs, Proof of Income (fixed deposits india & mutual funds), Property registration documents.

Please let me know if I need to submit any more documents apart from above.

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Hello Guys
I need advice from experienced members. I have applied for SOWP on 15th October which I think would take 4 months to get result. Meanwhile , I have plans to visit my wife in Dec - Feb , who is studying in Ontario. My question is if I will be in Canada and during that time the medical calls comes then can I do my medicals in Canada and also passport request can be submitted from Canada itself , meanwhile my application is online from Delhi.

Please advice

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear Brother ,
There has been no change in my application since 15th Oct , the say I submitted?
is it a concern? Shall i check with the CIC?
Dear Brother,
It is just 1 month finished.
Don't worry, But you have to wait that's it.