+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

vbd

Nov 1, 2017
I am an Indian national currently in the United States. My husband is on a closed work permit in Canada. I plan to apply for the open work permit. Can I do it myself or does my husband need to do it for me..

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
Applied SOWP March 2nd Rejected on April 14th. Reason not enough proof provided to satisfy legitimate marriage.

Applied again with marriage photos, join bank statement sfor SOWP on April 17th at Abu Dhabi
Upfront Medical
Medical Passed mid July.
Work Permit PPR Nov 2nd

Took over 6.5 Months

Reactions: info78 and Antoshka

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Dear Antoshka,

Till now no update about my application. I am just waiting, this is the only thing i can do.

If your husband applied from Abu Dhabi Visa Center then the processing time is 20 weeks.(Your Husband's Present Residence Location is Abu Dhabi I believe)

Processing time depends on the present country of residence not as per the citizenship country.

Even though we have to consider some additional few things which will increase the processing time.

1) In addition to the processing time + Transfer time between IRCC and the visa application center. (After you submit an application IRCC will transfer the file to the Applicant's country of resident's visa application center/embassy)

2) Number of applications received by the visa application center.

Always the processing time will vary because of the number of application they received.

Now in my case Processing Time is 20 Weeks. But I will wait for some additional time , wait for another 6 weeks. Till then if nothing happened I am planning to check with the Canada Embassy.

All the best for your application.
Hi info78,

Thank you for your reply. My husband applied from Afghanistan, temporary visitors from Afghanistan must apply through Abu Dhabi visa centre.

What I understood, Abu Dhabi office works slowly to compare with other visa centres :(((

Reactions: info78

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Applied SOWP March 2nd Rejected on April 14th. Reason not enough proof provided to satisfy legitimate marriage.

Applied again with marriage photos, join bank statement sfor SOWP on April 17th at Abu Dhabi
Upfront Medical
Medical Passed mid July.
Work Permit PPR Nov 2nd

Took over 6.5 Months
Hi, yasiralam10, my congratulations!!!

Did I understand you correctly that you had medical exam two times? First in April, second in July?

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hi All,

Looking for some helpful tips.

My wife got a spouse Open Work permit till the expiry of my Post grad Work permit.

My question is what supporting documents she needs to bring along with her ? She got the correspondence letter that she would give to the officer once land but what would be other possible supporting documents she can bring ?

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jashiel08

Sep 16, 2017
Hi im here in canada since august 2017.. just wanna ask am i the one who will fill out and apply spouse open work permit or its ok if my spouse will do the processing in the Philippines? Thanks

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hi info78,

Thank you for your reply. My husband applied from Afghanistan, temporary visitors from Afghanistan must apply through Abu Dhabi visa centre.

What I understood, Abu Dhabi office works slowly to compare with other visa centres :(((

Hi Antoshka,

yes , Abu Dhabi processing time is long.

If you receive any update about your application, then kindly update me.

info78

Oct 3, 2017

Upfront Medical
Medical Passed mid July.
Work Permit PPR Nov 2nd

Took over 6.5 Months
Dear Brother,

Congratulations.......

My application also from Abu Dhabi,

Applied On 27/05/2017 Online Application

is your application was Online or Paper Based?

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Hi Antoshka,

What did CIC mean by " Poor Travel History?"
Info78, I have no idea what the CIC meant by poor travel history. My husband had traveled to several countries repeatedly and he’s attached a copy of his passport and filled the form out, I don’t remember the name of form, maybe the officer decided that it’s not enough, I don’t know ‍♀

Reactions: info78

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Dear Brother,

Congratulations.......

My application also from Abu Dhabi,

Applied On 27/05/2017 Online Application

is your application was Online or Paper Based?
Almost 6 months hope you will get your visa after waiting for this much time