+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Hi, Applied SOWP on 12th oct via online and got an automated mail from them on 13th oct confirming that they have received my application .
Upfront medicals as well.
Now fingers crossed and waiting for further updates.

Last month ,processing time (india )was 8 weeks and now it is changed to 13 weeks (updated in cic site)
Hi Ashnasan,

Do you suggest getting medical done now when the application is under processing? I mean without their call for medical , can we still go ahead and do just to speed up the process?

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I am a graduate student in Canada, my spouse, citizen of Afghanistan, has applied for SOWP on August 22, 2017, confirmation's received on August 25th along with a request of finger print. He provided his biometrics in New Delhi on 1st September. Medical exam has done upfront.

This is our second attempt, previous one was refused. Since we have applied today's 72nd day, we are confused and worried, processing time is changed from 8 weeks to 9 weeks, in our case we are over the processing time. Of course, we keep our fingers crossed and we hope this time cic.gc.ca will issue the visa but waiting time kills us...

Is here anyone in the same boat? Or your application was approved/rejected?
Hi Antoskha.

Do you mind asking you why your first attempt was rejected? What was the reason?

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Is there any change on your application?

My husband applied online with the same visa centre, for us it's more than 10 weeks.
Dear Antoshka,

Till now no update about my application. I am just waiting, this is the only thing i can do.

If your husband applied from Abu Dhabi Visa Center then the processing time is 20 weeks.(Your Husband's Present Residence Location is Abu Dhabi I believe)

Processing time depends on the present country of residence not as per the citizenship country.

Even though we have to consider some additional few things which will increase the processing time.

1) In addition to the processing time + Transfer time between IRCC and the visa application center. (After you submit an application IRCC will transfer the file to the Applicant's country of resident's visa application center/embassy)

2) Number of applications received by the visa application center.

Always the processing time will vary because of the number of application they received.

Now in my case Processing Time is 20 Weeks. But I will wait for some additional time , wait for another 6 weeks. Till then if nothing happened I am planning to check with the Canada Embassy.

All the best for your application.

Reactions: Antoshka

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Dear Guys,

I have applied online for OWP on 15th October. Can anyone suggest if I can now go for medical test if this would speed up my application process?
Thanks

Dear Brother,

About the medical test we have 2 options always.

1) Upfront Medical & Apply

2) Waiting for CIC to ask. In your case you have to wait till CIC ask you.

Suppose, if you do the medical now without CIC request , in the future may be CIC will ask you to do the medical again, then sometimes the doctors will refuse to do the medical for a second time. We can do only one Medical test in a year.

I read some cases here before, the doctor refused to do the medical again.

Please read the thread number #5576 posted by DEEPpreet as on Sep 22,2017 for your information.

Last edited:

Garv83

Sep 6, 2017
Dear Brother,

About the medical test we have 2 options always.

1) Upfront Medical & Apply

2) Waiting for CIC to ask. In your case you have to wait till CIC ask you.

Suppose, if you do the medical now without CIC request , in the future may be CIC will ask you to do the medical again, then sometimes the doctors will refuse to do the medical for a second time. We can do only one Medical test in a year.

I read some cases here before, the doctor refused to do the medical again.

Please read the thread number #5576 posted by DEEPpreet as on Sep 22,2017 for your information.
Thanks you so much for your advice !! I will then wait for CIC to ask.

Reactions: info78

Flywheel

Sep 1, 2017
Application approved:
Applied : June 24
Medical Request Oct 2
Medical approved : Oct 10
Passport Request:Oct 29
Applied Online : chandigarh,India